• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It's been a while, but Birds Away asked for a range report on my Israeli Surplus CZ-75B once I had a chance to shoot it. It was finally warm enough today! 50 rounds at 7 yards produced a ragged hole about 1 inch wide and 2 inches tall with a few flyers that were all called. Perfectly centered vertically and about an inch left, so I need to push the rear sight a little bit. I think a fiber-optic front sight would tighten it up a bit as I think the oblong group size is because my old eyes find it easier to center the current sight horizontally than vertically. Very, very pleased with the results, particularly since it was my first trip to the range since about October.
    View attachment 36688

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    It's been a while, but Birds Away asked for a range report on my Israeli Surplus CZ-75B once I had a chance to shoot it. It was finally warm enough today! 50 rounds at 7 yards produced a ragged hole about 1 inch wide and 2 inches tall with a few flyers that were all called. Perfectly centered vertically and about an inch left, so I need to push the rear sight a little bit. I think a fiber-optic front sight would tighten it up a bit as I think the oblong group size is because my old eyes find it easier to center the current sight horizontally than vertically. Very, very pleased with the results, particularly since it was my first trip to the range since about October.
    View attachment 36688
    Sounds like you enjoyed a beautiful day outside with a fantastic gun!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    View attachment 36688

Very nice. Always good to get out, especially when you haven't been out for a while. Glad to hear you were pleased with the results. Beautiful gun :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    View attachment 36688
    That's the feedback I was hoping for. So, you got a great gun by going the milsurp route. That will pay for the F/O sights and some ammo to boot. Great buy!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Is the shipping from CGW slow? I only needed a hammer cup pin at this time since the one I have allows you to attache a lanyard to it and won't work to good with my new grips.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Is the shipping from CGW slow? I only needed a hammer cup pin at this time since the one I have allows you to attache a lanyard to it and won't work to good with my new grips.

No, it is usually pretty fast. I ordered parts Monday and received them yesterday afternoon.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah I ordered maybe 4 days ago. Just checking before I start spending there. I mean its a small pin figure 3 days max.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    Thanks for all the info and feedback on the CZ through this thread. I picked up my first CZ, went with the 75B with the omega trigger. It was $70 less than without and I don't see myself doing any upgrades to this one. I have a list of upgrades for other guns that always seem to be pushed down the priority list when I find another gun I want instead.

I haven't got to shoot it yet but I'm hoping to get to Parabellum tomorrow!

just the feel of it tells me I'm going to like it better than my Glock so we'll see how it does at the range.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What time do you plan to go? I'm planning to take my GF tomorrow around 11:00 when they open. Gonna have my non-Omega 75B with me, with the Hogue grips if you want to try it out.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Damn you all! Now I want a CZ 75 Compact! Well, or maybe a P-07. Or a P-09. Or... :xmad:

I need another 9 like I need a hole in the head. Doesn't mean I don't still want one, LOL. :laugh:

Thanks for all the info. Really good thread on CZ's. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Damn you all! Now I want a CZ 75 Compact! Well, or maybe a P-07. Or a P-09. Or... :xmad:

I need another 9 like I need a hole in the head. Doesn't mean I don't still want one, LOL. :laugh:

Yea these CZs are addictive! Just dropped off my new P09 to get CGW upgrade package installed Friday and the fine gentleman that's helping me with that took a minute and showed me a few of his really nice CZs. You might know the one I hadn't given any thought to the Rami once I held it and tried the trigger just started smiling and new the addiction continues!psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

That's why I started the thread, to get the information myself. Glad to hear it's also helping others as much as it's helped me :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Until recently I had three compacts. To me, they are the best all around gun CZ offers. But, everyone has their own opinion. It would be nice if we could all get together sometime for some show and tell and a little range time.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Until recently I had three compacts. To me, they are the best all around gun CZ offers. But, everyone has their own opinion. It would be nice if we could all get together sometime for some show and tell and a little range time.
    Once I pick one up, and I will at some point in the not too distant future, I'll take a drive down your way and we'll do that, BA!

Right now, I'm squirreling away $$$ to pick up a 'surprise' for the Lady. Gonna get her a Boberg XR9s.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

That's a fantastic idea! I'm taking the GF to the range today and hopefully soon she'll be comfortable enough to either come with me to watch a get together like this, or not mind if I go on my own. I'm working on her, little by little... :):

Top Bottom