• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would like to update on my P-09 broken trigger return spring. I ordered 2 from Cajun Gun Works. Replaced it and it functions perfectly, does feel slightly lighter and less gritty. I also fired off an email to CZ a few minutes ago to see if they would send me one.

Jon

Gratz on resolving your P-09's issue. I'm sure it's nice having it back to being functional.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I shot it too.
    First time shooting a CZ-75
    Very nice gun, smooth, super accurate right out of the box, but heavy.
    The weight would be a deal breaker for me as a carry gun, but for a range toy... ooooh yeah!
    I really like the Hogue grip on it too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After taking it out of the box and handling it for just a few minutes, I decided to put the Hogue grips on it right away, to try them out to see the difference. Once I did, there was no way I was going to take them off. I need to fix the fact that they make the mags hard to remove, but otherwise they feel great, absorb what little recoil there is very well and allow for better control of the gun. Very happy with them and with the gun itself. I definitely made the right decision to go with CZ. I was tempted to pick up a 9mm 1911, but I think the CZ is working out just as well, or better for me.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    After taking it out of the box and handling it for just a few minutes, I decided to put the Hogue grips on it right away, to try them out to see the difference. Once I did, there was no way I was going to take them off. I need to fix the fact that they make the mags hard to remove, but otherwise they feel great, absorb what little recoil there is very well and allow for better control of the gun. Very happy with them and with the gun itself. I definitely made the right decision to go with CZ. I was tempted to pick up a 9mm 1911, but I think the CZ is working out just as well, or better for me.
    I am with you wtburnette I think the CZ line is overlooked or under advertised. Out of the box they have really nice triggers and a pleasure to shoot and own. Still had to make that order with CGW and just waiting for my upgrade package for my P09 then sending it up north to the doctor. LOL.psyko

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I first got my compact, a few years ago, I really liked it. Then I sent it to CGW for a full upgrade. Things have not been the same since. It completely changed my outlook on guns. As for weight, I carry it everyday without any issues. As Col. Cooper said, a carry gun is supposed to be comforting not comfortable.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I want to use the heck outta this gun and see how she breaks in. I already know what a fully custom P-09 feels like and I'm hopeful to get a chance to try a cajunized 75B sometime, to help me decide if I need to save up the money to have it done to mine. At this point, I can't see being without my gun that long, so I might have to order something else cajunized directly from them (SP-01, P-07 or P-09) so I don't have to be without my gun for 6+ weeks... lol!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I want to use the heck outta this gun and see how she breaks in. I already know what a fully custom P-09 feels like and I'm hopeful to get a chance to try a cajunized 75B sometime, to help me decide if I need to save up the money to have it done to mine. At this point, I can't see being without my gun that long, so I might have to order something else cajunized directly from them (SP-01, P-07 or P-09) so I don't have to be without my gun for 6+ weeks... lol!

You are welcome to shoot my 75B, and/or any of the others, any time you like.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You are welcome to shoot my 75B, and/or any of the others, any time you like.

One of these days I plan to take you up on that! I'm trying to work out my schedule to make it up to one of your Tuesday shoots, but I have a staff call from 4pm to 5pm on Tuesday's that interfere with my ability to do so :(

Ah well, I'll figure something out eventually.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    One of these days I plan to take you up on that! I'm trying to work out my schedule to make it up to one of your Tuesday shoots, but I have a staff call from 4pm to 5pm on Tuesday's that interfere with my ability to do so :(

Ah well, I'll figure something out eventually.

We are pretty flexible. We could do a Saturday morning some time. I have minor surgery this Friday so It might be a week or two.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My GF comes to spend the weekends with me, but she's moving in around the end of the month. After that I should be able to do the occasional Saturday shoot :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Bring her along.....:dunno:

That is the intention, but I want to get her to the range just she and I first to get her comfortable with things first. We're hoping to go this weekend, so by the end of the month things should be good to go.

Now, since I don't feel like searching the forum for this info (or several pages back in this thread), can someone tell me what the best mags are for my new gun? Pretty please? :D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just ordered two of the 17 rounders, to go with the two 16 rounders that came with the gun. Looking forward to not having to reload mags quite as often...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My CZ 85B is sitting in the post office right now. I'm hoping but doubt it will be delivered and the shop will call in the next 2 hrs.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I saw that one....good buy.

I wasn't too sure about the price on a surplus but if you say its good then that's even better. I was wanting to stay below 400 but some jerk would up the bid every 11 min after the initial 15 min warning. I figure if it went higher than 415 oh well, as they said they had more coming in the next 2 weeks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Omega trigger system is the one you find in the P07/P09. It is a little better stock than the normal CZ75 trigger system. I still think the standard trigger system is the way to go if you are going to fully upgrade. The Omega system might be better if you are not.

I just saw this on the front page and wanted to quote it to remind myself why I went with the non-Omega trigger. Also I'd had some people ask me the difference and maybe they'll see this as I had forgotten and couldn't answer the question...lol!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I just saw this on the front page and wanted to quote it to remind myself why I went with the non-Omega trigger. Also I'd had some people ask me the difference and maybe they'll see this as I had forgotten and couldn't answer the question...lol!
    Went by the local gun shop yesterday and they had the 75B with the Omega trigger and I will say straight out of the box one heck of a trigger!

Top Bottom