NW Indiana
    pulpfictionmisterwolf4.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If they didn't want me to cut the zip tie, why didn't they just put a sign up stating such? They did so with loading a firearm.

Or perhaps you're happy with LE just making up the rules as they go along.

Ahh....so you need signs to tell you what to do. I always wondered who the signs on the mower decks were for, now I know. Sheesh

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    And I still don't get why you need a "flat surface". If I can hold a gun in one weak and girly hand and cut the zip tie off it with the cutting implement in the other, then surely you should be able to accomplish the same feat.

He needed a flat surface because it was necessary to troll the IMPD officer to elicit a response that he KNEW he would get, in order to post this awesome thread.

At least that's what I get from reading this. :):

I have to wonder if the OP farted and blew the officer a kiss, since there probably is no sign telling him not to do that, either.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    So finally, the true reason for your tantrum. The ever famous, no ones especially a cop is gonna disrespect me argument.

Never fails.

Pacifiers, rattles and bottles aren't sold at the 1500, I think you were at the wring show.

Dr. Freud, your cocaine habit is impairing your ability to perceive, or discern facts accurately. Please kick the habit and call Dr. Printcraft for a lesson in how to laugh at yourself. :patriot:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    He needed a flat surface because it was necessary to troll the IMPD officer to elicit a response that he KNEW he would get, in order to post this awesome thread.

At least that's what I get from reading this. :):

I have to wonder if the OP farted and blew the officer a kiss, since there probably is no sign telling him not to do that, either.

I need a flat surface for the reasons I stated previously, but also because I have a bit of neuropathy in my fingers and I'm too old and too fat to otherwise use the ground as my desk.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can't think of a sand barrel configuration that would get in between a man's hand and his gun.

There is no magic force field at the 1500's parking lot. Where is the bullet that was launched?

We are EXTREMELY lucky that it did not hit any others.

Sand barrels/bags prevent the bullet from ending up on 38 Street where it will hit a mini-van. Sand barrel cannot prevent some from covering themselves as you point out.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I need a flat surface for the reasons I stated previously, but also because I have a bit of neuropathy in my fingers and I'm too old and too fat to otherwise use the ground as my desk.

There is no need to set the gun on the ground or a desk or a table or on a boat or on a goat or anyplace else. Hold gun in one hand and cutting implement in the other. Using cutting implement, cut zip tie. Easy-peasy.

You can make it even easier by investing in a cheap pair of cutters, which will earn their keep at their very first gun show.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Dr. Freud, your cocaine habit is impairing your ability to perceive, or discern facts accurately. Please kick the habit and call Dr. Printcraft for a lesson in how to laugh at yourself. :patriot:

The fact is you are an idiot. A kindergarten diploma isn't even needed to make that diagnosis.
    Your aviator and possibly your screen name is derived from a movie about a rude teddy bear who smokes pot and interacts with people.... Yet we are the ones who need help.

You have issues, get them sorted out. Either you need more attention in the real world or you truly feel the world owes you. This thread gas gone way beyound your feeling of being disrespected.

So please Ted, put down the water bong, stop the DVD player and come back to reality. The world does not revolve around you and your butt hurt.

Rules are not always posted, and that as an excuse to not exercise common sense only further proved your inability to function properly.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Sand barrels/bags prevent the bullet from ending up on 38 Street where it will hit a mini-van.

Only if people use them. If people can't use a brick wall, which is a MUCH larger target than a sand barrel, then my hopes aren't up for their making proper use of a clearing barrel.

Come to think of it, even if they had a clearing barrel by the door, I'd probably continue wandering off by myself and finding a quiet piece of wall, away from the crush of muzzle-waving, zip-tie-cutting Lowest Common Denominators around the foyer and the front door. I like getting through that space as quickly as possible.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Wow...Was there a sign that told you that if you wanted to walk you would have to put one foot in front of the other repeatedly and if you did not you would not be able to move about? Maybe a sign that reminded you to unzip your zipper when urinating or you may get wet?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow...Was there a sign that told you that if you wanted to walk you would have to put one foot in front of the other repeatedly and if you did not you would not be able to move about? Maybe a sign that reminded you to unzip your zipper when urinating or you may get wet?

Now you tell me!

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Well, they obviously needed one that said "No Shooting Yourself In The Hand."

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    I can't believe I read the whole thing.

All i can think of to say is " What we have here is a failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach" brought to you from the warden of Cool Hand Luke.

This topic has gone way over my head as to why anyone couldn't have waited to save the little zip-tie until getting to their vehical :twocents:

This reply was in no way shape or form intended to hurt anyones feelings or show predjudice to any of the previous replyies.

Highlights at 11:00.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Saw the signs prohibiting the loading firearms inside the building when departing the building. No signs prohibiting the cutting of the zip ties once one leaves the showroom.

I cut my zip tie in the lobby, and a dip-**** IPD cop was ready to crucify me when I did so.

"I don't want your stupidity to cost me my right to carry my firearm!", followed by some dip-**** 1500 employee who was echoing everything the cop was saying. I guess that gun show cops now have minions assigned to them.

I pointed out that the signs merely prohibited loading, and not removing the zip tie.

Apparently he was illiterate, as he told me that the signs forbid the cutting of zip ties. I'm now wondering how he ever successfully passed the civil service exam.
    NOT to be a BUTT, I have been through the IPD app., process, 4 times, and I NEVER had to take a civil service exam.... Post Office YES .....:twocents:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just read the thread, seems like OP was yelled at for doing something against an unwritten rule, or something made up on the spot. I'm guessing the officer got bent out of shape because he thought OP was about to reload. The officer having already over-reacted could not humble himself to admit his error and instead chose to continue the tough-man approach. OP wasn't intimated, got mad, and posted about it here. We read the post, saw the name calling and since we like officers and many have been irritated by Ted's positions before, they unloaded on him.

I dunno... I don't like it when people tell me I am breaking rules that don't exist. Kinda like busting a tail-light out and then nailing you for it. I know that happens, I saw Porky's...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom