• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'd of had a pocket full of zip ties just for guys like you. I wouldn't have said a word, pulled it out and handed it to you.

You wouldn't have gotten my firearm.

I'm unfamiliar with the setup, but if the 1500 leased the building, then you still have to abide by the leaseholders terms while on the property. You were already on your way out, so he felt the need to tell you.

Don't **** it up for the rest of everyone just because you have a complex against LEO. How many people go in there? One guy was stupid and shot himself in the hand yesterday, that LEO didn't want to risk another.

They could've taken your name and refused to allow you back in, ever, to a 1500. Would you like that? When you are there property rights trump your rights. While you feel wronged, it's their choice to reprimand you for breaking a rule.

Also, carry a damn knife and cut the thing in your car!

I don't have a complex. I was abiding by the posted rules, and I certainly wasn't this guy yesterday.

My car was a 20 minute walk, that goes underground and around blind corners, and without any type of protection provided during most of that walk.

Then again, perhaps your bad self doesn't feel the need to possess a fully operational weapon in that neighborhood.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    We call what you suffer from

Contempt of Cop

we deal with it on the daily up here in the North

More like contempt of a contemptuous cop.

Though if you really must pry, this is the first time that I've ever had a police officer ever chide me in this manner. I suspect that this isn't his first time doing it to someone either.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Never said anything about me even touching your gun. But I guarantee that zip tie would have been back on.

I can pretty much assure that you wouldn't have had the opportunity to insist upon anything of the same.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    More like contempt of a contemptuous cop.

Though if you really must pry, this is the first time that I've ever had a police officer ever chide me in this manner. I suspect that this isn't his first time doing it to someone either.

probably not. And if he was unprofessional that's inexcusable. But two wrongs don't make a right.
    And I know, you feel by the way the sign was worded you did nothing wrong, I get that too.

And by the way, I haven't pried about anything, you just keep spewing at the mouth. Or should I say keyboard in this case.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You wouldn't have gotten my firearm.

I don't have a complex. I was abiding by the posted rules, and I certainly wasn't this guy yesterday.

My car was a 20 minute walk, that goes underground and around blind corners, and without any type of protection provided during most of that walk.

Then again, perhaps your bad self doesn't feel the need to possess a fully operational weapon in that neighborhood.

You have a complex whether you admit it or not my friend. Can you name one post where you haven't badmouthed an LEO or had something positive to say about them?

Regardless of whether or not you can be trusted to prevent a ND or to protect yourself on the way home, you did not have to undo the ziptie IN THE FACILITY. You broke their rules, and got a reprimand rather than them telling you to GTFO.

I don't care where you parked, or whether you would be armed on your long cold walk. You are missing the point.

I am telling you that in this instance, property rights are transfered to the leaseholder, and you were in violation of their wishes. Their rights trump your rights while in their establishment. You broke a rule, got a smack on the hand, and are now complaining and trashing that person.

You could have walked outside, and cut it off with no repercussions and no talking to. There are plenty of flat surfaces outside, and it's an EDC-you really shouldn't be worried about scratching it a little. A scratch on the slide isn't going to matter one damned bit if you do have to use it on your long walk home.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    So the first time you have a bad run in with a LEO you have to go to the old Coffee and donuts joke? Atleast come up with something new. Im not sure who threw the temper tantrum the Officer at the show or you on here.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You have a complex whether you admit it or not my friend. Can you name one post where you haven't badmouthed an LEO or had something positive to say about them?

A complex? You're a mindreader, or at the very least, a clinical psychologist? Are you sure that you're not also a moderator too?

I don't recall too many posts where I badmouthed cops in general, but have made some statements regarding action and attitudes upon some in LE that were just plain ol' wrong. If I recall correctly, I have generally been very supportive of those within LE.

Regardless of whether or not you can be trusted to prevent a ND or to protect yourself on the way home, you did not have to undo the ziptie IN THE FACILITY. You broke their rules, and got a reprimand rather than them telling you to GTFO.

What rules? Where were such rules posted? I went through their website, and didn't find the rule about such in it either. Maybe there is a rule about wearing college tee shirts too.

I don't care where you parked, or whether you would be armed on your long cold walk. You are missing the point.

Oh, so nobody is being allowed to enable their firearms until they reach their automobiles? Or is it just me? Is that just arbitrary, or capricious too?

I am telling you that in this instance, property rights are transfered to the leaseholder, and you were in violation of their wishes. Their rights trump your rights while in their establishment. You broke a rule, got a smack on the hand, and are now complaining and trashing that person.

I'm complaining and trashing someone who decided to enforce a rule that didn't exist, until that very time.

You could have walked outside, and cut it off with no repercussions and no talking to. There are plenty of flat surfaces outside, and it's an EDC-you really shouldn't be worried about scratching it a little. A scratch on the slide isn't going to matter one damned bit if you do have to use it on your long walk home.

Good. Where again were the flat surfaces that I could have utilized? I certainly didn't see any.

You, my friend, are missing the point.....but go ahead and stick up for your brethren in blue. After all, cops are never wrong.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    So the first time you have a bad run in with a LEO you have to go to the old Coffee and donuts joke? Atleast come up with something new. Im not sure who threw the temper tantrum the Officer at the show or you on here.

So, if you don't believe me based upon a sarcastic joke....don't. I don't care.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Didnt say I didnt believe you. Actually if you look at the first of my post I aknowledged the fact that you had a bad run in. Dont get all butt hurt ove the internet.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Didnt say I didnt believe you. Actually if you look at the first of my post I aknowledged the fact that you had a bad run in. Dont get all butt hurt ove the internet.

Looks as if it were an implication.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Wow some people just like to roll over and kiss ass it seems.

Did I miss something because I don't recall reading that he was loading the gun just cut the zip tie out of the show but still in the building.

And what does the fact that someone ND into thier hand yesterday? A crazy shot up Newtown so let's ban all guns too!!!!

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Several times when I have had a firearm zip tied at the 1500 the officer has told me to leave the zip tie on until I exit the building. They may or may not have told every person as they came in the door due to the line.

As is typical with Internet discussions, this one is one sided and we have not heard the other side.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    At what point are you made to unload and get zip tied?

One is required to unload outside the building.

There is no zip tie on any firearm when anyone arrives into the lobby area.

One receives a zip tie to their weapon, after entering the actual room for the show.

I was removing the zip tie, in the same lobby area, that others had yet to arrive to the area to receive a zip tie to their weapon.

After departing the showroom, a person may step outside and load their weapon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom