• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I guess I'm that ******* that doesn't unload his gun, but that is because concealed means concealed and I will no be removing said firearm from the holster.

Last edited by a moderator:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My first issue is people who cut the zip tie in the first place. Use the tip of your pocket knife to release the tab and undo the tie to be reused at the next show. This is one of my favorite games to play, because it confuses the officers at the door when you are the first one in line on Friday afternoon and you already have the tie in place.

My second issue is, no brick wall is a safe backstop regardless of angle of incidence, type of surface at the base of the wall or how much of an expert you think you are. Accidents happen to even the best shooters.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    break for levity

Depends. Is there a safe backstop and an absence of milling, jostling Cletii over that way? Then yes, yes it is.
    :laugh:

<messenger reads from telegram>: You are hereby served notice that members of the Cletii tribe -- the maloccluded, the periodontically and/or otherwise hygienically challenged -- are most displeased with your disparaging and defamatory characterizations, and that you will be hearing from their attorney forthwith.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :laugh:

<messenger reads from telegram>: You are hereby served notice that members of the Cletii tribe -- the maloccluded, the periodontically and/or otherwise hygienically challenged -- are most displeased with your disparaging and defamatory characterizations, and that you will be hearing from their attorney forthwith.

I say, my good man! Quite!

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes they do. And so do mechanical gun malfunctions. Which is why I'm pointing it at the wall.

So what (or who) do you point your pistol at when loading and unloading?

I carry a DAO revolver in any situation where I have to load and unload without a clearing barrel. I also do not carry to the 1500.

indyshockguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    I found it disappointing that everyone was just taking off the zip ties and just throwing them on the ground or on the counter as they walked out. i would at least find a trashcan. Maybe thats why the LEO wasn't happy about people cutting them off in the lobby…:dunno:

On a similar note…why take your carry gun into a gun show anyway (unless you are trying to sell/trade it. in which case you shouldn't be taking it to the door loaded anyway.) i just leave mine in the car. then i don't have to worry about unloading/loading it and a possible LD. you don't need to show off your piece at a gun show. everyone there has seen a gun. its not a big deal! :two cents:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    On a similar note…why take your carry gun into a gun show anyway (unless you are trying to sell/trade it. in which case you shouldn't be taking it to the door loaded anyway.) i just leave mine in the car. then i don't have to worry about unloading/loading it and a possible LD. you don't need to show off your piece at a gun show. everyone there has seen a gun. its not a big deal! :two cents:

What do you then do when on the way back to your car, when a criminal wants to mug you for rifle that you just bought at the 1500? Or better yet, breaks into your car and finds your loaded handgun?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For all of you who choose to publically announce that you leave your gun in your car when you attend gun shows, you should probably consider that not everyone who reads messages on computer forums has good intentions.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    For all of you who choose to publically announce that you leave your gun in your car when you attend gun shows, you should probably consider that not everyone who reads messages on computer forums has good intentions.

I just leave mine in the front seat with the doors unlocked and a sign reminding them that God is watching. I have a mountain lion named God.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I found it disappointing that everyone was just taking off the zip ties and just throwing them on the ground or on the counter as they walked out. i would at least find a trashcan. Maybe thats why the LEO wasn't happy about people cutting them off in the lobby…:dunno:

If you like your guns, don't leave them in your car! Especially at or near the fairgrounds. There is usually several cars broken in to at every gun show, and probably at other events there.

Top Bottom