• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Me, neither, but I also believe that knowing when I have something to gain by standing firm and when to just say "Whatever, dude," and go my way is a valuable life skill. ;)

Well, by all means......please tell us what you do if or when a police officer does the same to you.

I mean, because you seem to be the expert.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The fact is you are an idiot. A kindergarten diploma isn't even needed to make that diagnosis.
    Your aviator and possibly your screen name is derived from a movie about a rude teddy bear who smokes pot and interacts with people.... Yet we are the ones who need help.

You have issues, get them sorted out. Either you need more attention in the real world or you truly feel the world owes you. This thread gas gone way beyound your feeling of being disrespected.

So please Ted, put down the water bong, stop the DVD player and come back to reality. The world does not revolve around you and your butt hurt.

Rules are not always posted, and that as an excuse to not exercise common sense only further proved your inability to function properly.

I'm sure that you have your ARC CPR and First Aid card that qualifies you to tell all about my neuropsych profile in your own fast food approach to internet psychology.

So why don't you instead, choose to offer constructive views, rather that your mental health internet McSessions of how I have a screw loose.

.....Of course, unless that is all you have. :):

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Just to get a feel for the rush of setting my gun free of zip tie bondage, I am going to apply one myself, right now as I sit here reading this so I can be on the same page with the emotions expressed in this thread. Maybe some of the experts on zip tie gun bondage can give us their expert opinions on how and when to set the firearm free. Oh, never mind I see they have. Now I feel complete.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Well, by all means......please tell us what you do if or when a police officer does the same to you.

I mean, because you seem to be the expert.

Seriously?

First, I wouldn't be coonfingering my carry gun in the foyer in the first place.

But even if I were, I wouldn't risk getting all up in an unnecessary altercation over standing up for my valuable constitutional right to cut an orange piece of plastic RIGHT THERE instead of ten yards over that way.

Maybe the guy was having a bad day. Maybe he didn't understand the regulation. Maybe he thought you were going to load up, or maybe somebody had explained the rules differently to him than what the sign said. Was it really worth the drama? Did it make you feel better? Did you actually accomplish anything? Was "winning" that important?

Suppose he had been one of those evil, jack-booted, respeck-mah-authoritah cops that everybody's always worried about on the intertubenets? If he had been, you were risking a pepper-sprayin', taserin' beat-down over your God-given, inalienable right to cut a piece of orange plastic right there instead of over there. Maybe that seems like a win-win scenario in your cost/benefit ledger; me, I'd rather just say, "Okay, bro, whatever," and go get lunch.

(And it has noting to do with "police officer". I don't care if it's a police officer, a post office worker, or a produce manager at the grocery store. If I bowed up at every little Napoleon that crossed my path, I wouldn't have time to get anything done in this life for all the arguing I'd be doing. They want to rule that little 20ft square kingdom? Fine, I let 'em rule it and I go seek life elsewhere. It's a valuable skill to have if you carry a loaded gun everywhere...)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Seriously?

First, I wouldn't be coonfingering my carry gun in the foyer in the first place.

But even if I were, I wouldn't risk getting all up in an unnecessary altercation over standing up for my valuable constitutional right to cut an orange piece of plastic RIGHT THERE instead of ten yards over that way.

Maybe the guy was having a bad day. Maybe he didn't understand the regulation. Maybe he thought you were going to load up, or maybe somebody had explained the rules differently to him than what the sign said. Was it really worth the drama? Did it make you feel better? Did you actually accomplish anything? Was "winning" that important?

Suppose he had been one of those evil, jack-booted, respeck-mah-authoritah cops that everybody's always worried about on the intertubenets? If he had been, you were risking a pepper-sprayin', taserin' beat-down over your God-given, inalienable right to cut a piece of orange plastic right there instead of over there. Maybe that seems like a win-win scenario in your cost/benefit ledger; me, I'd rather just say, "Okay, bro, whatever," and go get lunch.

(And it has noting to do with "police officer". I don't care if it's a police officer, a post office worker, or a produce manager at the grocery store. If I bowed up at every little Napoleon that crossed my path, I wouldn't have time to get anything done in this life for all the arguing I'd be doing. They want to rule that little 20ft square kingdom? Fine, I let 'em rule it and I go seek life elsewhere. It's a valuable skill to have if you carry a loaded gun everywhere...)

Non responsive. Have a nice day.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    It's not like he arrested you.

Why did it have to be untied at that moment?

Maybe he over reacted, but someone did shoot themselves yesterday.

you clearly have not been to the gun show. have you seen some of those wack jobs? I cut mine off asap, if i'm going to own, carry and holster my pistol.. by gosh the thing is going to be loaded..

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Wow, just wow. Both threads are just too much. Can not tell you how many times I've had firearms pointed at me at gun shows in the last 20, oops, 30ish years. When confronted, the answer is always "it's not loaded". You guys have ruined my sleep for days. Are we really all "special"?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Wow, just wow. Both threads are just too much. Can not tell you how many times I've had firearms pointed at me at gun shows in the last 20, oops, 30ish years. When confronted, the answer is always "it's not loaded". You guys have ruined my sleep for days. Are we really all "special"?

statistics lead me to believe so...:D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You are forgetting one thing, those that take their carry piece into the show loaded, at least the ones here, do not take it out of the holster for coonfingering

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    You are forgetting one thing, those that take their carry piece into the show loaded, at least the ones here, do not take it out of the holster for coonfingering

Well, except the guy who says he cuts the zip-tie off in the john and gases up his heater in there. That's how innocent toilets get killed.

Seriously, if somebody has a well-concealed gun and takes it in loaded and doesn't touch it while they're in there, I don't really have a problem with it. "Don't ask, don't tell," and "If a tree stays concealed in the forest and nobody's around to coonfinger it, can it really go off?" and all that.

It's the "special" ones that worry me...

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    string is still running.....seriously, you know you are going to a gun show you know the rules and yet you would insist on breaking them. Leave it at home or in the car and follow the rules. It's not a matter of rights it's a matter of respect they are your host and have asked you to comply to a simple rule of no loaded firearms and zip tie the empty ones. show them the courtesy of following their rules, kinda the same as wanting guests to follow your rules when they come to your house. It's really not that deep folks :dunno:

Top Bottom