• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFVet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indy
    I heard about that the other day on the radio. Such a shame what people have become. Have to always stay vigilant these days.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I texted a CL seller about a car that I REALLY wanted. When I asked for a time and an address to come see the car, his response was, you bringin the 8K in cash, or just lookin? I told him thanks, but I am no longer interested. My spidey senses were tingling and while he was probably legit and just sick of kids and losers with no $$$ wasting his time, I didn't feel the need to find out.

10-1 it's too late. For some reason, scumbags like these seem to have sperm that can penetrate kevlar.
    When it comes to deals for large amounts of cash - I always make it clear I'm coming without money to inspect the item/object/whatever and, if interested, will make arrangements to pay for it. If they disagree - fine - I'll find another one :).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Glad the disgusting ****ers were caught. Here's hoping for a speedy trial and speedy needle for both.

I just watched the video on wishtv's website. I can't tell you how much my blood is boiling. I can see my wife all excited trying to buy something normally out of our budget off CL as a gift for someone. Or anyone doing this, for that matter. I'd be lying if I said I didn't start to tear up watching that video.

Another good reason why INGO has the 50 post rule. Not just anyone can hop on this site and use the classifieds. 50 posts aren't much, but it's easy to tell who's here just trying to race to the classifieds, and probably even easier to tell who's a scumbag.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm glad to hear the to career criminal scumbags responsible have been arrested and are over 18 years old therefore making them eligible for the death penalty. Why where these punks on the street anyway? Supposedly they had threatened two teenage girls with a handgun 2 years ago among other arrests.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I usually take an armed friend with me when I go to buy something off of craigslist. Friends will call me to go with them as well. Has worked well so far.

Hell, we've been doing that since the old Trader Paper days (misc items for sale back then).
    Always take another person, and both parties pack guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm glad to hear the to career criminal scumbags responsible have been arrested and are over 18 years old therefore making them eligible for the death penalty. Why where these punks on the street anyway? Supposedly they had threatened two teenage girls with a handgun 2 years ago among other arrests.

There are no programs/incentives or life altering experiences that will bring these thugs into mainstream society. Why are we wasting more effort/tax dollars on these POS dirt bags. Obviously lacking in morals and honor.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Too bad the little F-ers weren't in jail where they belong.:xmad:

I'm sure a family member will make a statement shortly about what good boys they are and how they would never do nothin like that. Stealin a car, running from police, dealing drugs, sure. But shooting someone, NEVER!

Just make them both dead.
    Yep, make them both dead! and the thousands of others like them. Stop the waste of taxpayer $$$ on crap like these pieces of stool!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Seventy-five percent sounds pretty good. How does that compare to other cities?

Its excellent.

They did a show here in Indy that straub put a stop to called "The Shift" on Investigative Discovery. Its interesting to see people and areas that you recognize. I always assumed the high clearance rate was from a Tudor interrogation…i'd hate to be on the other side of the table.

[video=youtube;4hJUFD1W8DQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hJUFD1W8DQ[/video]

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The Marion County catch-and-release court system is a joke.
    You're not the only IMPD I've heard say that.

The IMPD officer I know personally said that while he wants to make a difference and get bad people off the streets - the courts just put them back out on the street the next day.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've been called a psycho, but threads like this are exactly why I have my own craigslist play book.

1. I always SPEAK to the person on the phone. any red flags or gut feelings- bail.
    2. I always schedule the meet for a reasonable public location to which I arrive an hour early. anything looks funny- bail
    3. I always change the location just before the meet, to a similar and nearby place where my second back up is already parked in their vehicle (first backup rides with me).
    4. I always ask what they'll be driving, describe the car I'll be driving, and then show up in something completely different.

Oddly enough, no one has ever questioned my seemingly erratic behavior enough to abort a transaction

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've been called a psycho, but threads like this are exactly why I have my own craigslist play book.

1. I always SPEAK to the person on the phone. any red flags or gut feelings- bail.
    2. I always schedule the meet for a reasonable public location to which I arrive an hour early. anything looks funny- bail
    3. I always change the location just before the meet, to a similar and nearby place where my second back up is already parked in their vehicle (first backup rides with me).
    4. I always ask what they'll be driving, describe the car I'll be driving, and then show up in something completely different.

Oddly enough, no one has ever questioned my seemingly erratic behavior enough to abort a transaction

If a buyer changed locations at the last minute I'd bail on the transaction. With all these preps are you really saving any money if you factor in your time?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom