• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Any activity from CL requires I role in with at least 1 back up. Usually son and or SIL. Both are trusted to have my back. They do the same with me.
    Paranoid....No.

Aware that people lie/steal/cheat/kill for sport.....yes.

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    If there was an I-pad you can safely bet it was stolen. If the deal sounds too good to be true caveat emptor.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have yet to work a robbery that was set up in a newspaper classified, bulletin board, or flyer at the Y. I've worked a metric butt-ton set up over Craigslist and BackPage.

No one in a position to know is authorized to release any details to the public at this time. It would be a reasonable assumption that more information will be available via the media at some point.

I can't help but wonder if the timing of this murder and your plea for us all to carry chambered is a coincidence. When I saw James was a vet my first thought was surely he was carrying. Can you speak to this at all?

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    ANYTIME I meet anyone on Craig's List 4 rules are always followed:

1) Very public meeting area
    2) I get there early a choose where to park and how to meet.
    3) I am always carrying
    4) My wife is in the vehicle as back up and also carrying

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It's a tough world now. Watch for everything. I don't have a "victim mentality" and keep my arse covered. Anyone at anytime can be taken. I try to stay out of situations that may put me in jeopardy and IF I ever get into a bad situation I hope I'm good enough to walk away from it in one piece.
    I wish the family of this fallen man peace and healing. God Bless.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Never bought or sold on Craigslist. I posted a gun on Armslist but ended up selling it at a gun show. I think this is a good warning.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    So apparently we need to start an INGO CL backup program? You doing a transaction through CL and need some armed backup? Call an INGOer and we'll provide either anonymous gray-man backup, or straight-up ride-in-the-car armed security. Long guns optional.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So apparently we need to start an INGO CL backup program? You doing a transaction through CL and need some armed backup? Call an INGOer and we'll provide either anonymous gray-man backup, or straight-up ride-in-the-car armed security. Long guns [STRIKE]optional[/STRIKE] required.

FIFY

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't help but wonder if the timing of this murder and your plea for us all to carry chambered is a coincidence. When I saw James was a vet my first thought was surely he was carrying. Can you speak to this at all?

For both ethical and legal reasons, I can't comment on any ongoing investigation or any arrest that has not yet gone to trial.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've got my TV up on CL right now. Waiting for a guy's reply if he can pick it up. Unfortunately, it's too large of a TV for me to meet him some where with it. Already had 2 people back out due to not having a vehicle large enough to hail this monstrosity. I've done a handful of CL transactions over the years, and never had a problem. It just takes once though, I guess. Carrying is a no-brainer.

I hope this man's family can find some comfort in this holiday season. It makes me incredibly sad to think about.

hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    I have yet to work a robbery that was set up in a newspaper classified, bulletin board, or flyer at the Y. I've worked a metric butt-ton set up over Craigslist and BackPage.

Thanks, good info. Possibly because it is easy (and free) to set up an ad on Craigslist, no bad guy wants to pay money to set up a phoney ad if it can be avoided. Also, the volume of transactions on Craigslist is very high, something bad will happen from time to time.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I just watched the video on wishtv's website. I can't tell you how much my blood is boiling. I can see my wife all excited trying to buy something normally out of our budget off CL as a gift for someone. Or anyone doing this, for that matter. I'd be lying if I said I didn't start to tear up watching that video.

Thanks, good info. Possibly because it is easy (and free) to set up an ad on Craigslist, no bad guy wants to pay money to set up a phoney ad if it can be avoided. Also, the volume of transactions on Craigslist is very high, something bad will happen from time to time.

Another good reason why INGO has the 50 post rule. Not just anyone can hop on this site and use the classifieds. 50 posts aren't much, but it's easy to tell who's here just trying to race to the classifieds, and probably even easier to tell who's a scumbag.

hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    I just watched the video on wishtv's website. I can't tell you how much my blood is boiling. I can see my wife all excited trying to buy something normally out of our budget off CL as a gift for someone. Or anyone doing this, for that matter. I'd be lying if I said I didn't start to tear up watching that video.

Another good reason why INGO has the 50 post rule. Not just anyone can hop on this site and use the classifieds. 50 posts aren't much, but it's easy to tell who's here just trying to race to the classifieds, and probably even easier to tell who's a scumbag.

I have 47, but who's counting?:whistle:

Top Bottom