• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    We've discussed this before. More and more violent crimes are being committed by offenders that should be in jail. When are you all you Marion County folks gonna do something about this?

Unlike some people that prefer to talk about it, I go out and bust my ass trying to help people and put bad guys in jail. I have no control over what the Prosecutor or judge does next.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    On a related note: Vester WAS armed during the situation and still was shot and killed.

Let this be a grim lesson for anyone studying: Sometimes situational awareness doesn't work in a trap. It doesn't matter how aware you are of your surroundings when you have some thug shooting from his car window as you slump against the opposing car, trying to fumble your roscoe into play.

Maybe the gun gave a false sense of security. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean nothing is going to happen, we can fall into that trap REAL easily.

I don't do Craigslist for this reason.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some of us Marion county residents already sent correspondence to the prosecutor and courts who let these type of scum back out on the street. Most recently over the POS that killed one of our police officers. Also how about the dirt bag who shot all the people at black expo and then back on the streets committing more crimes?!
    our Leo's here in Indy do a fantastic job but sometimes I'm sure they get real sick having theirs and the citizens they protect lives put at risk AGAIN by guys they've locked up multiple times. I think one of the IMPD Officers posted here one time that they've locked up people who get out of jail before their own shift even ends!
    as long as people keep electing worthless politicians to key positions then nothing will change. People are outraged enough to post on the internet and maybe even donate some money but getting them to write an email to their elected officials is impossible! WTF!? I'm just a regular guy and it has me crawling the walls mad, so I cannot imagine how our Leo's must feel. But yet they keep doing more than what's asked of them every shift.

so before people start asking what us Marion county folk are gonna do about it, (or implying nothing is being done) know that we (a lot of us) are trying and it's the system that's allowing good people to die.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I have no control over what the Prosecutor or judge does next.

All Marion County residents have control over the judicial system there, with their vote. Someone needs to lead that charge. How many good people have to die before you residents start getting out this message?

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I used to watch that series. I enjoyed it a lot. Wonder why dumb a-- put a stop to it?

It didn't fit his narrative. DoucheNozzle1 was hear to tear us down in the public view so that when he stopped smearing us it looked like he fixes us, another "win" on his resume, and he's off to the next job in a community he doesn't care about. Why fix real problems when its so much easier to invent fake ones and then solve them by simply stopping to pretend they exist? He's a parasitic liar who's profession is pretending to fix problems in communities he pretends to care about. That's why.

On a related note: Vester WAS armed during the situation and still was shot and killed.

Let this be a grim lesson for anyone studying: Sometimes situational awareness doesn't work in a trap. It doesn't matter how aware you are of your surroundings when you have some thug shooting from his car window as you slump against the opposing car, trying to fumble your roscoe into play.

Maybe the gun gave a false sense of security. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean nothing is going to happen, we can fall into that trap REAL easily.

I don't do Craigslist for this reason.

Quoted for truth. A gun is not a talisman. He was not the only armed victim who's gun wasn't able to prevent him from being the victim of a crime this week in Marion Co.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was just talking with a council member about ole straub stain and the problems STILL being worked out due to his lack of care for our city and people working and living in it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was just talking with a council member about ole straub stain and the problems STILL being worked out due to his lack of care for our city and people working and living in it.

Its sad how little planning when into some of the changes he set in motion. Like pushing a boulder off a cliff and figuring it'll be just fine if I wish real hard...or more realistically knowing you'll be gone before it hits the town at the bottom. So much wasted time, money, and opportunities.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All Marion County residents have control over the judicial system there, with their vote. Someone needs to lead that charge. How many good people have to die before you residents start getting out this message?
    Yeah just like all Americans have control over the govt, yet look at the trash occupying some of our most sacred buildings! We have 30k members here on a gun forum so why are our gun rights even being threatened and suppressed EVEN HERE IN INDIANA?! Because the majority of people don't give a **** as long as their little lives aren't personally affected. We are a reactive society instead of a proactive one. And we elect people who don't naturally do the right thing because it's the right thing to be done but they do whatever the popular thing is that is going to get them the most votes or fill their own pockets or retirement plan on the board of some company after their 'ahem "public service" is over.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Its sad how little planning when into some of the changes he set in motion. Like pushing a boulder off a cliff and figuring it'll be just fine if I wish real hard...or more realistically knowing you'll be gone before it hits the town at the bottom. So much wasted time, money, and opportunities.
    Ain't that the truth!
    well I won't forget who hired him and supported him. Also the lack of checks and balances that allowed him to tear up so much! There's people still in office in our city who should be held accountable just as much as straub should be. The lack of support to fully staff our police department shows how much they (some Indy leaders) care about our city when the cameras aren't rolling.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah just like all Americans have control over the govt, yet look at the trash occupying some of our most sacred buildings! We have 30k members here on a gun forum so why are our gun rights even being threatened and suppressed EVEN HERE IN INDIANA?! Because the majority of people don't give a **** as long as their little lives aren't personally affected. We are a reactive society instead of a proactive one. And we elect people who don't naturally do the right thing because it's the right thing to be done but they do whatever the popular thing is that is going to get them the most votes or fill their own pockets or retirement plan on the board of some company after their 'ahem "public service" is over.

Sounds to me like you need to be the one leading the charge to get things changed. :yesway:
    Sounds like your first recruits should be LEO's and firearms enthusiasts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had a deputy prosecutor tell me once that everyone's a conservative when it comes to throwing the book at violent criminals...until they become a liberal when they see how much it costs to keep them there.

I don't think we can arrest our way out of the problem, but catch and release with nothing else being done certainly doesn't help. I wish there was an easy answer. We want people to be free to raise their kids with minimal governmental interference, but we don't want children growing up as sociopaths and parasites on society believing that they can take whatever they want and its owed to them. We want criminals caught and evidence assembled against them for a strong case, but we we want personal liberties. Every single issue is a sliding scale, and every single one is something where reasonable people can differ on where the line is drawn.

Simply voting out a judge or prosecutor isn't fixing this problem. You think they don't want these people jailed? A lot of times they get plea bargains because the victims suck. I just watched a B felony aggravated battery get plead to a C felony with about 10% of the time he'd have likely gotten at trial because the victim was going to throw the trial. A new prosecutor or judge can't fix that. Witnesses back out, cases get dismissed. The "don't snitch" culture is pervasive, especially in the more violent neighborhoods.

No, there's no one entity we can blame on this one. Someone a lot smarter than me will be needed to clean this mess up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had a deputy prosecutor tell me once that everyone's a conservative when it comes to throwing the book at violent criminals...until they become a liberal when they see how much it costs to keep them there.

I don't think we can arrest our way out of the problem, but catch and release with nothing else being done certainly doesn't help. I wish there was an easy answer. We want people to be free to raise their kids with minimal governmental interference, but we don't want children growing up as sociopaths and parasites on society believing that they can take whatever they want and its owed to them. We want criminals caught and evidence assembled against them for a strong case, but we we want personal liberties. Every single issue is a sliding scale, and every single one is something where reasonable people can differ on where the line is drawn.

Simply voting out a judge or prosecutor isn't fixing this problem. You think they don't want these people jailed? A lot of times they get plea bargains because the victims suck. I just watched a B felony aggravated battery get plead to a C felony with about 10% of the time he'd have likely gotten at trial because the victim was going to throw the trial. A new prosecutor or judge can't fix that. Witnesses back out, cases get dismissed. The "don't snitch" culture is pervasive, especially in the more violent neighborhoods.

No, there's no one entity we can blame on this one. Someone a lot smarter than me will be needed to clean this mess up.

So you are just gonna let this continue as is? Chicago like?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Sorry for loss of the family and loved ones.

Thank you to all the officers involved for the quick arrests of the 2 suspects.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sounds to me like you need to be the one leading the charge to get things changed. :yesway:
    Sounds like your first recruits should be LEO's and firearms enthusiasts.
    I'm not the guy to lead it that's for sure. (I'm too grouchy and not a social butterfly) But I would gladly sit down with guys like BBE and Frank and others who care and actually know a lot more than me. As far as grassroots go that's something I'm good at. Basically, I'm not fully up to date on all the info but give me a task or teach me and point me in the right direction and I won't quit.
    I think it is time to start getting together. I know some guys can't be as out in the open due to their careers and I respect that. I don't want anymore dead police officers or citizens dead at the hands of people who should have never been on the streets again.

but like BBE mentioned above, the victims also must be willing to follow through. This street code or whatever of protecting criminals needs to stop. But to change a way of thinking takes time. Like Frank was saying

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Terrible!
    I've bought and sold a few things on cl and try to meet in the most populated places I can but I see that doesn't make much difference anymore. I've turned down emails from weirdos trying to call the shots. Call me paranoid or dangerous :rolleyes: and I'll call you eff u.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Umm, feel free to jump in. We are enforcing STATE laws with STATE sentencing guidelines. We have some truck in this for sure but it's about 50/50 between local and state influence.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    So you are just gonna let this continue as is? Chicago like?
    You're just looking for someone to blame aren't you? Life isn't that simple. It is a broken SYSTEM that will take a group effort to change over the course of years, maybe decades. One person can't fix it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom