oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'd settle for a bad haircut right about now.:rolleyes:

And when my wife misses her cut-n-color on the 28th, lemme tell ya, heads are gonna roll.:runaway:
    It's been 8 weeks since my hair met a pair of clippers. My wife now calls me Shemp.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yep. And...

Stanford study: More than 48K Santa Clara County residents have likely been infected by coronavirus

Again, that's real bad flu season territory. Coincidentally, something California thought they were having way back in December.

NOW, can I please get a f**kin haircut?:dunno:

There is real cause to doubt this study was accurate. They used unreliable Chinese test kits and didn't select their test subjects at random (people who thought they might have had Covid were encouraged to participate).
    There is some additional reason to be skeptical about the particular test used. In another pre-print, researchers from Hospitals and Universities in Denmark rated the Hangzhou-developed test last in accuracy of the nine they tested.

Here is a link to a peer review (jump down to the conclusion section for the short version).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can you provide a link to the dental part? I'm only seeing this:

"Can I see my dentist, optometrist, or dermatologist?[FONT=&amp]Nonessential medical care such as routine eye exams and teeth-cleaning should be postponed."

My dentist has been open for emergency care.[/FONT]

What I saw was the 5pm Indystar report.

Holcomb said routine care like dentist's offices, abortion clinics, dermatology offices and veterinary clinics will be reopened on April 27, assuming things continue to move in a positive direction.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...xecutive-order-eases-restrictions/5166791002/

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I hope the sewage treatment facilities don't collapse like my bank did.
    I am sure your bank is just fine :popcorn:

EV4q5LWXgAcowgI

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'd settle for a bad haircut right about now.:rolleyes:

And when my wife misses her cut-n-color on the 28th, lemme tell ya, heads are gonna roll.:runaway:

I am lucky. Out of high school the wife went to beauty school. She has been cutting my hair for 16 years now. I am the only clean cut guy in Fort Wayne. :)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just saw on Laura Ingram’s show tonight where DJI is donating drones to police departments to snoop on people to force compliance with social distancing. Indiana was one of the takers. **** you DJI.

I was shocked to see masks on the counter at Circle K yesterday… until I saw they were $6.99 each. Then I realized why they were still on the counter. **** you Circle K.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sounds like the North Korean dictator might be about to take a dirt nap. They say it’s a heart condition. Color me skeptical. **** you North Korea.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    About that CO2 shortage. It most likely will impact Indiana's water supply and sewage treatment.

I was not aware it was also used to reduce sewage sludge weight by 50%. (link https://www.elodeusa.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkc-Sxav46AIVzYCfCh0QMgIIEAMYASAAEgIKr_D_BwE )

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/20/carbon-dioxide-shortage-us-food-water-coronavirus ( A good article that includes mention of municipalities contacting DHS over a lack of CO2 for water and sewage treatment in Washington State,as their supply has already been cut 20% and is expected to be cut 67% before the end of the month according to the supplier AIRGAS).

[FONT=&amp]CO2 is also used for Re-carbonation for two purposes in a lime-softening plant: (1) for pH adjustment, and (2) for the neutralization and precipitation of the calcium hydroxide in the primary basin effluent in cases where high-magnesium waters are softened by application of excess lime followed by re-carbonation.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Carbon dioxide dissolves in water forming carbonic acid according to the following reaction:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]CO2 + H2O = H2CO3[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Carbonic acid is then ionized into HCO3- species[/FONT][FONT=&amp]H2CO3 = H+ + HCO3-[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The pH value is reduced to about 6.0 by dissolving carbon dioxide. Evolution of carbon dioxide from water leads an increase in the pH value according to the reverse of the net reaction of the preceding two reactions:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]CO2 + H2O = H+ + HCO3- Co2 Dosing System - Sewage Treatment - Reverse Osmosis - Waste water Treatment[/FONT]
    Ethanol hasn’t been around all that long, what did all these people that are benefiting from a byproduct of ethanol production do before the ethanol plants came online?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom