• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ethanol hasn’t been around all that long, what did all these people that are benefiting from a byproduct of ethanol production do before the ethanol plants came online?

Universal Industrial Gases, Inc...CO2 Carbon Dioxide Properties, Uses, Applications* -* Recovery from Industrial Sources - Concentration in Air

Large quantities of CO[SUB]2 [/SUB]are produced by lime kilns, which burn limestone (primarily calcium carbonate) to produce calcium oxide ( lime, used to make cement); and in the production of magnesium from dolomite (calcium magnesium carbonate). Other industrial activities which produce large amounts of carbon dioxide are ammonia production and hydrogen production from natural gas or other hydrocarbon raw materials.

CO2 from ethanol made it cheaper and much more abundant than before increasing the use of it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    i gotta say I'm feeling pretty darned validated as the terror facade is falling down

tumblr_m5th7kk8Pl1qca6l1.gif

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I just saw on Laura Ingram’s show tonight where DJI is donating drones to police departments to snoop on people to force compliance with social distancing. Indiana was one of the takers. **** you DJI.

A police department can’t legally just put a drone up. They need to receive a COA from the FAA or have a licensed operator through the FAA. Search warrant rules would still apply for using it in such a situation as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"password1"? ? ?
    WTF? Now see this is why some companies do password audits. If this posting real, and I'm not saying it's real--it's 4chan for **** sake, but if it is real, I think companies would be justified in firing someone who would jeopardize the organization like that. Or maybe I'm just being a prick. But I think with all the security risks out there companies/orgs are justified to audit passwords. Just a complexity test. So after having security training, if an employee creates a corporate systems password like "password1" the system should automatically send an email alert to HR to start termination. JEEZ. And if the post is real, the ***** probably hasn't even changed it yet. Probably oblivious that her email address and password at Gates foundation is posted on the internet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, because everything we’ve been told up until now was untrue. Since it made a headline, incubation period dropped from 7-14 days to about three, and everyone died.

Really? Everything they've said is untrue? So it's nothing? Not anything?

I've seen nothing compelling to make me suspect that reality is between the extremes. Both sides have exaggerated. It's more than nothing. It's less than everything. If we drew a line exactly between everything and nothing reality would probably fall on the nothing half, but it's still far enough from nothing to be something.

I think compared to losing one's livelihood, when you stack up old people dying, eh, maybe it's nothing to you. Or maybe you really want it to be nothing so you can get your livelihood back. Maybe the nation has overreacted. Maybe some states have assumed way more emergency power than they should. Maybe as we learn more about it it's not as bad as everyone once thought.

But it's not nothing. And not everything you were told is a lie. Early on I read reports that the incubation period is a couple of days to two weeks, with an average of around 7 days. As more data comes in, that may have been adjusted down to 3 days. I still read in places the average is closer to 7 days. There are reports all over the place, yet you choose to believe the ones that make this into nothing.

One thing we probably agree on. The measures they took were probably too much, especially to apply to the whole country. And, it's time to start opening things up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Am I reading that correctly. The IN supreme court is blocking companies from collected the money due to them from people who just got their trump money?

Makes sense. Gotta give the people it was intended to help a chance. Bizness, especially big bizness has slurped up the $300+ billion of "small business" financial assistance.

I've got no sympathy for collection agencies on these funds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Makes sense. Gotta give the people it was intended to help a chance. Bizness, especially big bizness has slurped up the $300+ billion of "small business" financial assistance.

I've got no sympathy for collection agencies on these funds.

Is it the state supreme court that should be deciding that? "Rulemaking" sounds a lot like "legislation". I think rulemaking should be left to people who are directly accountable to the people, not to appointed judges.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Might have been posted but in Kansas, a federal judge squished the states rules on churches holding in person services with more then 10 people. I still think most churches should do alternatives (drive in, online, social pages, television broadcasts, etc) and self govern to what the recommendations should be but no way the police should have powers to ticket churches (especially if they are only a few over 10 people like in Virginia).

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As the election approaches, it will be entertaining to see the Media claim that Covid 19 was a killer pandemic that Trump did almost nothing to contain and that it was a minor disease, not much worse than the common flu, and Trump destroyed the economy so his Billionaire Friends could get even richer.

I expect them to unabashedly proclaim both to be true.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom