Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just to throw out a thought, I believe it is going to be at least two (2) years before we have any really good information on this disease.

It is going to take that time to come up with reliable, accurate tests, implement them, study them, correct them, redo them with corrections, then compile that data into a meaningful resource.

Right now we are trying to find our way around massive underground caverns in the pitch dark with only one (1) pack of matches. Every time we light one we see only a little bit and it ain't much, nowhere near enough to find our way out.

Problem is they always solve the problem by the end of the episode on TV and that is what we expect. Real world works very slowly compared to TV world.

Regards,

Doug

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    As I understand it all you are doing is putting off the almost inevitable, my understanding is near 80% of us must deal with it. I hope I had it and if not just get it over with. Only reason for shelter in place was to not max out healthcare resources.

Not completely - another reason is to avoid catching it long enough for a vaccine to be developed or at least effective treatment. That way you might avoid getting dead.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm guessing those trucks had been used in the past for insect spray.

Doing "lots of stuff" makes the provincial govt look good in the eyes of the Beijing.

I'm guessing there's a chance those trucks are just spraying water.
    "Doing 'lots of stuff' makes the provincial govt look good in the eyes of the Beijing" and makes China look good to apologists in the U.N.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm guessing there's a chance those trucks are just spraying water.
    "Doing 'lots of stuff' makes the provincial govt look good in the eyes of the Beijing" and makes China look good to apologists in the U.N.

Well it doesn't look like water or steam but that certainly is one possibility that they are doing fake stuff.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    This is the first time the WHOLE world has agreed on ANYTHING. And it's a damn virus. So much for being civilized.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Dissipation into the outside air is seen as a good thing....because it is.

It is good for the people inside but less good for the people outside. They can't just disappear - because of physics. They have maybe three hours or so to drift on the wind and then stick to a tree or the ground or somebody's pants or in their lungs. The only thing for sure is they are going somewhere.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I saw that, but in no way does that indicate that a single virus particle (whatever particles that started out would be dispersed) could travel through the air for miles in the wind and infect someone. That was the claim....I understand it was noted as being low odds, but I'm not so sure "low" is low enough for that claim.

I bet you don't believe you can get the clap from a toilet seat in a gas station......

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    93950669_10222586337676786_4946370468794859520_n.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not completely - another reason is to avoid catching it long enough for a vaccine to be developed or at least effective treatment. That way you might avoid getting dead.

Yep, the dream of something not guaranteed. There are dozens of viruses that they have studied for years that still have no vaccine.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Looks like the needed medical care can resume tomorrow from the .gov updated orders. Open up all medical care resume next week if things progress well. Dental and vet too.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yep, the dream of something not guaranteed. There are dozens of viruses that they have studied for years that still have no vaccine.

This is true, however what is the reason?

With some viruses the outbreak runs its course before a vaccine can be developed and afterward there is no need for the vaccine and work directed at it stops.
    With the SARS virus, a vaccine was actually developed and then not really needed. However this work is useful now since the SARS virus was also a corona virus. It was also a single strand RNA virus like this china virus this gives us a leg up on developing a vaccine for the current china virus and will probably stimulate further work in this field so the response time will be better for future china f*** ups.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom