Not open for further replies.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    93950669_10222586337676786_4946370468794859520_n.jpg

Gee, seems like modern journalists boldly refuse to let facts affect their reporting.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.fox17online.com/news/coronavirus/60-workers-test-positive-for-coronavirus-at-beef-plant

[FONT=&amp]

Posted at 1:33 PM, Apr 20, 2020
    and last updated 1:40 PM, Apr 20, 2020
    PLAINWELL, Mich. — Sixty workers at a beef plant have tested positive for the coronavirus.
    The group of workers at JBS in Plainwell tested positive between March 24 and April 19, according to Lindsay Maunz, public information officer at the Allegan County Health Department

On April 13, JBS announced it is temporarily closing its facility in Greeley, Colorado to "support the fight against coronavirus."
    Later, on April 20, JBS also said it is indefinitely closing its pork plant in Worthington, Minnesota.

No word if they are what action JBS is taking at the Michigan plant.

Day 6 of food riots in South Africa capitol.

[/FONT]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Riots-break-Johannesburg-food-shortages.html
    https://www.farmersweekly.co.za/agr...ar-over-safety-of-food-transporters-purchase/
    https://www.zimeye.net/2020/04/19/food-riots-erupt-in-south-africa-as-lockdown-intensifies/
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Looks like the needed medical care can resume tomorrow from the .gov updated orders. Open up all medical care resume next week if things progress well. Dental and vet too.

Can you provide a link to the dental part? I'm only seeing this:

"Can I see my dentist, optometrist, or dermatologist?[FONT=&quot]Nonessential medical care such as routine eye exams and teeth-cleaning should be postponed."

My dentist has been open for emergency care.[/FONT]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Can you provide a link to the dental part? I'm only seeing this:

"Can I see my dentist, optometrist, or dermatologist?[FONT="]Nonessential medical care such as routine eye exams and teeth-cleaning should be postponed."

My dentist has been open for emergency care.[/FONT]

I had a filing fall out a couple weeks ago. So far, it’s not hurting. But I’m going to call in the morning and see if this change has changed things. My dentist pretty much said when I called back then they’d only want to see me for “emergencies” too. (That is, if it was hurting).

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    We prob wont open for a few more weeks. (Dental Office) we cant hardly get masks or other PPE. People still dont want to come to there appointments and many are still nervous about everything. Whats the point being open with staff and seeing no patients. This will be common with many other offices.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Amazing that the exact same people, wearing the exact same clothes, took the exact same walk in the exact same position in both Los Angeles and Jacksonville.

Stranger things have happened. Like that time Syrian forces attacked Knob Creek, KY. There's video and everything.

:)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

You guys are too funny. :):

I'm going to say NOT California.
    I've never been to Florida but in CA, people don't wear that much clothing and/or shoes at the beach??? Really? This goes for the winter also.
    Unless a bus load of dorky tourists from Kansas or Indiana just happened to be in the picture.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    About that CO2 shortage. It most likely will impact Indiana's water supply and sewage treatment.

I was not aware it was also used to reduce sewage sludge weight by 50%. (link https://www.elodeusa.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkc-Sxav46AIVzYCfCh0QMgIIEAMYASAAEgIKr_D_BwE )

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/20/carbon-dioxide-shortage-us-food-water-coronavirus ( A good article that includes mention of municipalities contacting DHS over a lack of CO2 for water and sewage treatment in Washington State,as their supply has already been cut 20% and is expected to be cut 67% before the end of the month according to the supplier AIRGAS).

[FONT=&amp]CO2 is also used for Re-carbonation for two purposes in a lime-softening plant: (1) for pH adjustment, and (2) for the neutralization and precipitation of the calcium hydroxide in the primary basin effluent in cases where high-magnesium waters are softened by application of excess lime followed by re-carbonation.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Carbon dioxide dissolves in water forming carbonic acid according to the following reaction:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]CO2 + H2O = H2CO3[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Carbonic acid is then ionized into HCO3- species[/FONT][FONT=&amp]H2CO3 = H+ + HCO3-[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The pH value is reduced to about 6.0 by dissolving carbon dioxide. Evolution of carbon dioxide from water leads an increase in the pH value according to the reverse of the net reaction of the preceding two reactions:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]CO2 + H2O = H+ + HCO3- Co2 Dosing System - Sewage Treatment - Reverse Osmosis - Waste water Treatment[/FONT]

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    About that CO2 shortage. It most likely will impact Indiana's water supply and sewage treatment.

I was not aware it was also used to reduce sewage sludge weight by 50%. (link https://www.elodeusa.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkc-Sxav46AIVzYCfCh0QMgIIEAMYASAAEgIKr_D_BwE )

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/20/carbon-dioxide-shortage-us-food-water-coronavirus ( A good article that includes mention of municipalities contacting DHS over a lack of CO2 for water and sewage treatment in Washington State,as their supply has already been cut 20% and is expected to be cut 67% before the end of the month according to the supplier AIRGAS).

[FONT=&amp]CO2 is also used for Re-carbonation for two purposes in a lime-softening plant: (1) for pH adjustment, and (2) for the neutralization and precipitation of the calcium hydroxide in the primary basin effluent in cases where high-magnesium waters are softened by application of excess lime followed by re-carbonation.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Carbon dioxide dissolves in water forming carbonic acid according to the following reaction:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]CO2 + H2O = H2CO3[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Carbonic acid is then ionized into HCO3- species[/FONT][FONT=&amp]H2CO3 = H+ + HCO3-[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The pH value is reduced to about 6.0 by dissolving carbon dioxide. Evolution of carbon dioxide from water leads an increase in the pH value according to the reverse of the net reaction of the preceding two reactions:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]CO2 + H2O = H+ + HCO3- Co2 Dosing System - Sewage Treatment - Reverse Osmosis - Waste water Treatment[/FONT]

I hope the sewage treatment facilities don't collapse like my bank did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom