Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My father in law’s heart valve replacement was canceled as an elective procedure. Hopefully the new guidelines will fix that.

I'm going to need a citation for that.

...and no, a cite just saying the virus lives for 3 hours doesn't cut it.

...and no one ever said 6 feet anywhere was safe. They said it reduces the risk of spread and it does, anywhere.

They already posted the study for you.
    But a reminder the 3 hour rule is for 50% half life.
    The c-virus at 3 hours in the air is only 50% death. 6 hours is needed in air (floating) to fully kill the c-virus.

Sunlight will decrease that time bit to what amount I cant find any study saying. Thus outdoors your chance of getting the c-virus is far less than if you go to Walmart with all those people coughing/sneezing/breathing. Worse is being in a plane with recycled air!

You going inside a bldg wear a respirator with P100 filters.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They already posted the study for you.
    But a reminder the 3 hour rule is for 50% half life.
    The c-virus at 3 hours in the air is only 50% death. 6 hours is needed in air (floating) to fully kill the c-virus.

Sunlight will decrease that time bit to what amount I cant find any study saying. Thus outdoors your chance of getting the c-virus is far less than if you go to Walmart with all those people coughing/sneezing/breathing. Worse is being in a plane with recycled air!

You going inside a bldg wear a respirator with P100 filters.

I saw that, but in no way does that indicate that a single virus particle (whatever particles that started out would be dispersed) could travel through the air for miles in the wind and infect someone. That was the claim....I understand it was noted as being low odds, but I'm not so sure "low" is low enough for that claim.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    giphy.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I saw that, but in no way does that indicate that a single virus particle (whatever particles that started out would be dispersed) could travel through the air for miles in the wind and infect someone. That was the claim....I understand it was noted as being low odds, but I'm not so sure "low" is low enough for that claim.

Can you give any sane reason why a virus aerosol that has a half life of 3 hours floating in the air would not get blown for miles in the wind?
    Or are you disputing that a single virus aerosol could infect someone?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can you give any sane reason why a virus aerosol that has a half life of 3 hours floating in the air would not get blown for miles in the wind?
    Or are you disputing that a single virus aerosol could infect someone?

Neither. I'm saying there is no evidence of this happening.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Neither. I'm saying there is no evidence of this happening.

And there never will be.
    Nobody can track virus aerosols in the wind.
    If it ever did happen it would be called a "community spread" infection.

I would bet it has happened over a greater distance than most people would guess.

This is a picture of fleets of trucks trying to kill airborne virus in wuhan china.

Chinese-Disinfect-Wuhan-Trucks.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My father in law’s heart valve replacement was canceled as an elective procedure. Hopefully the new guidelines will fix that.

[video=youtube_share;K5kR1zhVjAc]https://youtu.be/K5kR1zhVjAc[/video]

This may help in showing how the particles travel in air and how far.

Me the few times I'm forced to go to jewel/walmart/homedepot for stuff I'm wearing my full mask respirator or 1/2 mask with the P100 filters.

I'm not taking a chance.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [video=youtube_share;K5kR1zhVjAc]https://youtu.be/K5kR1zhVjAc[/video]

This may help in showing how the particles travel in air and how far.

Me the few times I'm forced to go to jewel/walmart/homedepot for stuff I'm wearing my full mask respirator or 1/2 mask with the P100 filters.

I'm not taking a chance.

That is an interesting and informative video....and would seem to support my position that virus particles floating MILES through the outdoors (which is all I ever said) are not causing infections.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Houghmade I agree with you on the outside part.
    (Had to get on the laptop cause the phone text is just way to small and that double post is pissing me off, just fixed it).

Outside on a sunny day I am not concerned about someone coughing in the park walking trail and then me picking it up.
    The chances of that are low. Unless that sick person is next to you and coughs right at you. Then you are getting a full blast of the C-Virus right at you. Wonder if the case could be made that assault was just done on you. Whole other topic.

It is INSIDE that I am more concerned with due to the recycling of the air, no sunlight to help destroy the C-Virus.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't understand the people who - according to some polling - want to stay shut down until it is "safe."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ariels...s-safe-coronavirus-cuomo-newsom/#34a41c05d070

What does that even mean?

There's clearly a lack of understanding about how this works. And, regardless of one's position on Trump, it sets him up for a trick-bag. Whenever we "re-open" there will be another spike/bump/increase. Ideally, it will be small. But, it will appear that we "re-opened" before it was "safe."

And, IMHO, that's the same whether we re-open tomorrow or July 1. My understanding is that whenever we start letting people interact more, there will be a period of more cases.

"Safer" can be a thing, but not the absolute "safe."

In my opinion it is because they believe we can stop the spread and then they can come out of their burrows and be completely safe, never having had to deal with it. Not realizing that the spread will spread no matter what humans do...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...zKdZmTSg5rVkCPh-Yco0QUWK2qSzuCNNDDnPlgYgZ9EEw

omg, 16 people in a church that holds 293. Yeah I know more then ten, but that nit picky stage. Plus I question the authority to enforce this on churches based on the Constitution and first amendment. Don’t get me wrong, churches should not be full but that should the decision of the churches going by the government’s recommendation.

From the sound of it, I suspect that these church members adhere to the doctrine of "priesthood of all believers", so, they don't really have to come together in a building set aside for a specific purpose to live out their faith.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That they are spraying is evidence of what, exactly?

I'd say it is evidence that there were some officials in wuhan that thought airborne virus was enough of a threat that they built lots of spray trucks and drove them around.
    Were they correct? I don't know. Maybe they are really stupid people and didn't do any testing. I doubt if they will tell us.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    @Houghmade I agree with you on the outside part.
    (Had to get on the laptop cause the phone text is just way to small and that double post is pissing me off, just fixed it).

Outside on a sunny day I am not concerned about someone coughing in the park walking trail and then me picking it up.
    The chances of that are low. Unless that sick person is next to you and coughs right at you. Then you are getting a full blast of the C-Virus right at you. Wonder if the case could be made that assault was just done on you. Whole other topic.

It is INSIDE that I am more concerned with due to the recycling of the air, no sunlight to help destroy the C-Virus.

As I understand it all you are doing is putting off the almost inevitable, my understanding is near 80% of us must deal with it. I hope I had it and if not just get it over with. Only reason for shelter in place was to not max out healthcare resources.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'd say it is evidence that there were some officials in wuhan that thought airborne virus was enough of a threat that they built lots of spray trucks and drove them around.
    Were they correct? I don't know. Maybe they are really stupid people and didn't do any testing. I doubt if they will tell us.

I'm guessing those trucks had been used in the past for insect spray.

Doing "lots of stuff" makes the provincial govt look good in the eyes of the Beijing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom