• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Are there any sites that have this mapped out on like the "Flat World" map with dots that you can set the time line in motion from beginning to present? You know, like in the movies when they are showing the pandemic models to scare you.... but it's real this time. :nailbite:

I know it's a long shot but there are super nerds that have this on graphs and pies and scales and etc... So I figure... why not.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Are there any sites that have this mapped out on like the "Flat World" map with dots that you can set the time line in motion from beginning to present? You know, like in the movies when they are showing the pandemic models to scare you.... but it's real this time. :nailbite:

I know it's a long shot but there are super nerds that have this on graphs and pies and scales and etc... So I figure... why not.

Yes, it would be scary and it would also be wildly inaccurate. Unfortunately, it has gotten to the point that a good number of transfers can't really be identified properly because of containment failures. Some people are asymptomatic, but still infect new people at a different location. This disease is simply very hard to track. It is semi-invisible because we don't have an effective testing system. Sick people have been tested multiple times before they come back positive and others never get severe enough (or simply can't access the test) to be identified in the first place. There have been a lot of failures by a lot of groups involved in handling this world-wide, but in all fairness, this is simply a nasty disease that is hard to track/contain.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

https://twitter.com/BNODesk
    I never had a twitter before now.It has some good information.Map included,updated almost hourly.It is owned by CBS(BNO news).

Easier to use link.
    WORLD

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

Though they do seem to not count data from some reports.Russia seems to be the only one reporting Africa and South American cases.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    WOW!
    And you can zoom around in the map. Thank You.

I have friends and family that are deniers right now. Need to send them some stuff.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I wasn't saying the filters weren't available, but they have jacked up the price on Amazon. Home depot and lowes were both out and have none in the area. Excluding the 8 hour life in medical use, they definitely get hard to breathe through after a while.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I wasn't saying the filters weren't available, but they have jacked up the price on Amazon. Home depot and lowes were both out and have none in the area. Excluding the 8 hour life in medical use, they definitely get hard to breathe through after a while.

Absolutely. I've used them periodically when doing some some work around the house. They take getting used to. I can't imagine 8 hours straight in a medical environment, but using them for trips out in public to shop/etc wouldn't be as bad.

If you haven't already, be sure to learn about how to properly use your mask. I saw a picture with two women using the disposable masks. One had it improperly sealed. The other had hers upside-down. There is a proper way to use and remove it.

Edit: Found the picture. The woman on the left did not properly pinch the sealing bar on her mask. The one on the right is upside down. In either case, there is a quick test to see if you have a proper seal after putting it on.
    adNYnif.jpg

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Absolutely. I've used them periodically when doing some some work around the house. They take getting used to. I can't imagine 8 hours straight in a medical environment, but using them for trips out in public to shop/etc wouldn't be as bad.

If you haven't already, be sure to learn about how to properly use your mask. I saw a picture with two women using the disposable masks. One had it improperly sealed. The other had hers upside-down. There is a proper way to use and remove it.
    I posted earlier in this thread about the proper removal(International Doctors without Borders guide to keep from getting infected).
    I am to busy at the moment to look it up.Listening to this.
    Infectious disease Society of America. https://soundcloud.com/idsociety/covid19-podcast-feb-21
    https://www.idsociety.org/

Not much being told though.Just talking about only needing to check those from China(bunch of PHD's on the line though talking).

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Edit: Found the picture. The woman on the left did not properly pinch the sealing bar on her mask. The one on the right is upside down. In either case, there is a quick test to see if you have a proper seal after putting it on.
    adNYnif.jpg
    Wow....just wow.
    How can someone not understand how to wear a mask...sigh.
    Both getting it wrong,in a different way.Sad.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The article wasn't even pointing that out. They were simply two people being leaving the Diamond Princess cruise ship and were given masks.

They simply weren't told how to do it properly.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    We have a week scheduled in April at an all inclusive in Punta Cana. Not too sure I want to do this now. We go there every year. There are a lot of people there from all over the world and all the people that go through Midway airport and Punta Cana airport.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So much for that idea(i thought that as well until just now).WHen I read about the city of Costa Mesa filing a lawsuit against the moving 70 cases there.
    CBS news is the source.https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/02/21/costa-mesa-coronavirus/
    COSTA MESA (CBSLA) – Costa Mesa is trying to block as many as 70 confirmed coronavirus patients from being transferred to the city.
    Federal court papers filed Friday state that the federal government plans to transfer the patients from Travis Air Force Base near Sacramento to the former Fairview Development Center on Sunday.

The city was not informed about the proposed transfer until Thursday night, according to court documents.

CDC whoops forgot about those 70 cases we are trying to move.Guess court can decide this one.
    More information.
    The Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Air Force, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the State of California, Fairview Developmental Center, the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services and the California Department of General Services were listed as defendants alongside the United States of America.

"According to the documents, the city filed the temporary restraining order to prevent the federal government from 'Transporting persons infected with or exposed to the Coronavirus to any place within Costa Mesa, California until an adequate site survey has been conducted, the designated site has been determined suitable for this purpose, all necessary safeguards and precautions have been put in place, and the public and local government have been informed of all efforts to mitigate risk of transmission of the disease.'

"The city alleges the state and federal governmental agencies did not consult city officials when making the relocation plans and request that 'the state and federal government stop acting under the cover of darkness, which would create greater panic and confusion among the population.'"...

And now this.
    Los Angeles County with emergency communications services. This bulletin was sent to ARES members today regarding the mask shortage due to Corona Virus concerns. It provides a view into the procedures hospitals use to order critical supplies when local resources are insufficient.

"The worldwide Coronavirus scare has led to a critical shortage of hospital sterile face masks at all LA County hospitals (pediatric masks also at Children’s), and in all counties in California. Our hospitals have followed an orderly procedure that has led, this week, to a proposed State of Emergency declaration on Gov. Newsom’s desk.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok going to post a link. Sigh. How do i explain this one to you all?

The Ukrainian minister of health(and Ukrainian government) arranged for citizens to be evacuated from Wuhan.
    Sounds normal right? Yes there are riots in Ukraine in the city they planned to quarantine them at for 14 days.
    https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1230979257993584643
    Here is where it goes off the rails so to speak.

Zoryana Skaletska is the Ukrainian health minister.
    Nothing to bad yet. It gets a tad more crazy soon.

She goes and greets,and takes photos with the returnees.

Not only does she go he wears no PPE.

Then SHE herself goes and posts on Facebook pictures taken with those in quarantine.
    https://www.facebook.com/zoryana.ch...pRWVIaVkKKajNFomMF61Tdl3-ICUKzI&ref=nf_target
    oh she is just getting started. The train is already off the tracks,but no one told the engineer,who gives it more speed.

She says she is doing this because there is no danger from covid-19. They should not even need to quarantine anyone,they are all healthy.
    No one should fear having people from Wuhan near them. Then announces she will STAY with those in quarantine(for now).....did you hear it? The train ? I am sure we will be hearing more from Ukraine in a few weeks.
    https://www.facebook.com/706303595/posts/10157060576753596/?d=n

I had to edit this.The translation was getting she and he mixed,and once I figured out the Ukrainian health minister was a woman named Zoryana Skaletska it all made a little more sense.

Though I am wondering if the movie idiocracy was prophetic.

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Here’s another from Johns Hopkins using GIS data. It appears to be fairly real-timish, although I don’t have much to compare it to.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Italy seems to be taking this very seriously.
    https://imgur.com/iBWBFTf[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    In Italy new cases of coronavirus continue to occur, with the main outbreaks in Lombardy and Veneto; and the first victim of the infection was recorded in Veneto. A sort of "red zone" has been established in ten municipalities in the Lodi area where work, public events and transport are suspended.[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    https://www.corriere.it/cronache/20...51-11ea-8418-2150c9ca483e.shtml?refresh_ce-cp

Italy issued a **mandatory quarantine order** enforced immediately with active surveillance, for 14 days, for all individuals who have had close contacts with confirmed cases of the #COVID19 coronavirus: Minister of Health
    [FONT=&amp]Italy puts 12 towns on lockdown after two people die of coronavirus​
    [/FONT]
    https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/21...es-quadruple-after-8-infected-in-one-hospital

Several hospital are now locked.No one in our out.
    3 deaths so far(positive for covid-19)
    30 confirmed total.With over 250 suspected.
    [FONT=&amp]None of these infected had traveled to China, where the virus broke out. A total of 30 cases of infection have been reported in Italy so far.
    [/FONT]https://www.bild.de/news/inland/new...enkrankheit-im-news-ticker-68674604.bild.html
    Live real time tracking of Lazio area hospitals.I believe they have this for all Italian hospitals.

ProntoSoccorso Lazio
    [FONT=&amp]Se[/FONT][h=1]Coronavirus: second Italian victim, 51 infected in Lombardy and Veneto | In Schiavonia, 450 closed in hospital[/h]https://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cro...e-di-dolo_15145712-202002a.shtml?refresh_cens

News is moving quickly.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Coronavirus deaths

China: 2345
    Iran: 5