• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Vatican now involved.

[FONT=&amp]“We’re trying to clarify if someone from the local churches was in contact with them [the South Koreans],” Wadih Abu Al-Nasr, the Vatican’s spokesman in Israel, told Channel 13 news.
    No mention if they are checking the Church in South Korea that sponsored the trip.They are trying to find out if all 77 on the tour went to mass in Israel though.[/FONT]

Wait.. Wait... Wait...
    Why does Israel have a vatican spokesman? :dunno:

OK. Maybe he just happens to be in Israel on vacation.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    XZg0kKe.gif

Yeah

Its game over

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So I guess Israel has Catholic churches there? I couldn't imagine them doing that being as Israel is kind of a proud Jewish country?

Definitely news to me.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So I guess Israel has Catholic churches there? I couldn't imagine them doing that being as Israel is kind of a proud Jewish country?

Definitely news to me.

Israel is majority Jewish, but also has Christians, Muslims and and other minority groups as full citizens. They have served in the Israeli military, Knesset (congress), supreme court, police and other positions of authority. They have freedom of religion (including active mosques and churches) and other rights of citizens.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    If I understand this
    If you are infected you may die. If you don't die, you gain no immunity and are more likely to die when re-infected. If cured, you remain contagious.
    So, how are we setting up our wills when everyone we are related to may be dead ?

Seems like a perfect virus

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    If I understand this
    If you are infected you may die.
    Yes.

If you don't die, you gain no immunity
    This is definitely an overstatement.

and are more likely to die when re-infected.
    Some early analyses seem to indicate this, but it isn't proven.

If cured, you remain contagious.
    No. It is possible to infect someone while you are infected, not when you are cured. Unfortunately, this virus has some properties that make it hard to determine if you are infected or not: some people have minimal symptoms, you can be infectious while asymptomatic, current testing is unreliable and may give false negatives.

So, how are we setting up our wills when everyone we are related to may be dead ?
    Added purple for you. This disease is a real problem, but no serious person is saying a huge percentage will die. Unfortunately, even a 2% death rate could end up being millions assuming it continues to spread.

Seems like a perfect virus
    It is definitely nasty, but based on my limited knowledge of the Black Plague and 1918 Spanish Flu, they were much nastier and with our current level of medical knowledge, we should be able to handle it better..

Despite the bad news of coronavirus' ongoing spread, the medical community is analyzing and learning about it quickly and actively working on treatments which will minimize deaths. Vaccines are still likely to be a year+ away, so prevention is dependent on multiple levels of effort to minimize it's spread and effect. Government, business, misc organizations and individuals can all take steps to minimize infections and care for the ill. The idea is to take this seriously and do the best you can to prepare, not panic or laugh it off.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/beers...tion-after-contact-with-s-koreans-with-virus/
    30 Israeli 8th graders isolated after contact with Koreans diagnosed with virus

[FONT=&amp]It is not clear whether the ill Koreans were carrying the virus when they arrived in Israel. Symptoms of the virus can take up to two weeks, and possibly longer, to present. South Korea has reported over 400 cases of the virus to date.[/FONT]
    (over 90 students now).
    https://twitter.com/newsisrael13

Israel news 13.

They are preparing to close all borders to non citizens(Israel News 13 reports Minister of health quoted.).

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Italy.In less than 24 hours.
    Emergency laws passed
    23:20Borrelli: "There are 79 infected with coronavirus""In total there are 79 infected with coronavirus including the two victims and one recovered. They are 76 divided into five regions: Lombardy (54), Veneto (17), Emilia Romagna (2), Lazio (the two Chinese tourists) and Piedmont ( one case). 33 are hospitalized, of whom 18 in intensive care while 11 others are in home isolation ". These are the data provided by the head of Civil Protection Borrelli.https://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cro...e-di-dolo_15145712-202002a.shtml?refresh_cens

"The decree law will allow us to intervene and order further containment measures to prevent the removal of individuals from the areas considered to be outbreaks, the lodigiano with 10 Municipalities involved and that of Vò Euganeo. They are measures to contain the movements that we consider appropriate". This was said by Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte.23:20Borrelli: "There are 79 infected with coronavirus""In total there are 79 infected with coronavirus including the two victims and one recovered. They are 76 divided into five regions: Lombardy (54), Veneto (17), Emilia Romagna (2), Lazio (the two Chinese tourists) and Piedmont ( one case). 33 are hospitalized, of whom 18 in intensive care while 11 others are in home isolation ". These are the data provided by the head of Civil Protection Borrelli.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Lombardy: 10.04 million
    Veneto: 4.9 million
    Emilia Romagna: 4.4 million
    Lazio: 5.8 million
    Piedmont 4.3 million

---------
    Population 29.8 million

That is what Italy just locked down.
    No one allowed in or out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just saw on Fox News a video from Daegu, South Korea (it was Taegu when I was at K-2 Air Base 92-93.) Looked like a lot of quarantine going on there. That was the third largest city in the ROK, population was north of 2 million when I was there back in the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom