Please reply by conversation.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I knew the cutoff was 5pm to shoot from 5:00 to 5:30. I made sure to be there before 5 PM and I was denied.

It really is that simple ;-).

No harm done - just a little money not earned by BGF IMHO. From what I saw they turned down at least 5 to 10 shooters while I was there and I am sure they were likely turning others down from 4:30 on. If they don't want to make money I won't talk them out of it. I'll just spend mine elsewhere ;-).
    I've seen them close the range early several times (yes I'm there a lot). I don't know if its a staffing issue or what but If they need to adjust their hours to reflect that then it should be done rather than people being turned away for showing up during the posted OPEN hours. For the most part I've had good experiences myself. Nothing is perfect, and staffing issues could be part of it?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I didn't deny you... oh, you are talking about BGF. I believe you, man. I wish I could help you, but I'm still not sure how you desire to be made whole.

If I had said something there I would either put my foot in my mouth or say something I didnt mean. This is an opportunity for them to set the record straight... .Consider it me going to the management on neutral ground?

Like I said if there is a valid reason I will apologize and say what a douche I am. ITP Had a problem last year and shut the range down (f you know what I mean). But I dont think this was the case there was no sense of urgency.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    OP, are you one of those guys that slides into a restaurant 2 minutes before closing time and then complains because the kitchen is closed?

You're just like my deadbeat customers that show up at 9:58pm when I close at 10. 1 minute, 2 minutes, you're still inconsiderate. Get over it and plan better.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    OP, are you one of those guys that slides into a restaurant 2 minutes before closing time and then complains because the kitchen is closed?

You're just like my deadbeat customers that show up at 9:58pm when I close at 10. 1 minute, 2 minutes, you're still inconsiderate. Get over it and plan better.

You dont like people coming late change the time. Ever hear or traffic?

if you say you will serve X up to and including 5pm then i expect you to serve X up to and including 5pm.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You dont like people coming late change the time. Ever hear or traffic?

if you say you will serve X up to and including 5pm then i expect you to serve X up to and including 5pm.

Man, I get what you are saying, but you just confused your argument again. :): You were not late, right? They closed 30-60 minutes early, right? By them closing early, it didn't matter that you made it there two minutes prior to the shut off, right? And both of you guys are saying they closed early, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

That's why they have POSTED hours to show up by to shoot and stop shooting before they close. The range set their own hours not SNS or any other customers. Why is SNS getting dog piled for complaining about a business not following their own posted hours? His party was there in plenty of time before close.
    im sure we won't see any kind i official answer to SNS's complaint.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    :rofl:

Wally-World-Moose-Punch.jpg

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Man, I get what you are saying, but you just confused your argument again. :): You were not late, right? They closed 30-60 minutes early, right? By them closing early, it didn't matter that you made it there two minutes prior to the shut off, right? And both of you guys are saying they closed early, right?

Correct. they say arrive at 5 and shoot till 5:30. Mike arrived at 4:56 and was denied shooting. I was 2-3 minutes behind him. I hung out in the lot before going in because mike advised me we were not shooting.

They closed early at least 1/2hr if not more.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You can join your party that's already shooting. If you show up to a lunch meeting before the other party and sit at a table, are the other guest turned away because they didn't arrive at the same time as you did with the reservation? No! They are directed to your table to join you.
    Either some intelligent people here aren't comprehending the issue or they are just trivializing it and trying to bash the op In order to stick up for an ingo advertiser because they are an advertiser? I'm just trying to figure out which

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    To make an apples-to-apples comparison.

BGF closes at 6. They stop shooting at 5:30 and you have to be there by 5PM to be able to shoot until 5:30 or 4:30 if you wish to shoot an hour.

In essence - they posted that the range close times which are different from the overall business close times - I assume so that they can clean up and be out by the time the shop itself closes.

If they are going to turn away people from 4:30 on then they simply need to post that. I've no issues with the range closing at 5:30 and you have to be there by 4:30 to get a lane if that was what was posted. Since it clearly states you have to be there by 5:00 to get a lane until 5:30 - I expect to be able to show up at 4:59 and shoot from 5:00 to 5:30 especially when the store itself doesn't even close until 6. This means that they have 30 minutes after 5:30 to clean up the range - it's built into their hours.

You're either open until 10 or you aren't. It's not anybody's fault but your own that you close your kitchen/business/stop selling goods before your actual closing time.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Correct. they say arrive at 5 and shoot till 5:30. Mike arrived at 4:56 and was denied shooting. I was 2-3 minutes behind him. I hung out in the lot before going in because mike advised me we were not shooting.

They closed early at least 1/2hr if not more.

I'm not saying this is the case, BUT if Mike arrived at 5:00 and you arrived at 5:02, would you still be upset? Let's just ignore that they closed 30-60 minutes early, just for the sake of discussion.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm not saying this is the case, BUT if Mike arrived at 5:00 and you arrived at 5:02, would you still be upset? Let's just ignore that they closed 30-60 minutes early, just for the sake of discussion.
    If I arrive at 5:00 I would expect to be able to shoot until 5:30. I mean heck - if I'm willing to pay for it why couldn't I show up at 5:10 and only shoot until 5:30? I mean does it really matter if I'm there at 4:55 or 5:05 if I have to quit shooting at 5:30 regardless?

I understand that policy is policy and it's likely that way for a reason but the only one that stands to lose anything by giving me a lane after 5 [and my time being up at 5:30] is me.

The only one that stands to lose anything by refusing to give me a lane before or at 5 is BGF.

If it were my range and I were so concerned about getting out of there early - I would simply change the posted hours from the range closing at 5:30 and last call at 5 to the range closing at 5 and last call at 4:30 :).

Meh.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    To make an apples-to-apples comparison.

BGF closes at 6. They stop shooting at 5:30 and you have to be there by 5PM to be able to shoot until 5:30 or 4:30 if you wish to shoot an hour.

In essence - they posted that the range close times which are different from the overall business close times - I assume so that they can clean up and be out by the time the shop itself closes.

If they are going to turn away people from 4:30 on then they simply need to post that. I've no issues with the range closing at 5:30 and you have to be there by 4:30 to get a lane if that was what was posted. Since it clearly states you have to be there by 5:00 to get a lane until 5:30 - I expect to be able to show up at 4:59 and shoot from 5:00 to 5:30 especially when the store itself doesn't even close until 6. This means that they have 30 minutes after 5:30 to clean up the range - it's built into their hours.

You're either open until 10 or you aren't. It's not anybody's fault but your own that you close your kitchen/business/stop selling goods before your actual closing time.

and this folks is exactly the issue and sums it up well. Just be open when you say your gonna be open. Or else people will look at you like that supposed Prepper store on the east side that makes up their hours on the fly.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    and this folks is exactly the issue and sums it up well. Just be open when you say your gonna be open. Or else people will look at you like that supposed Prepper store on the east side that makes up their hours on the fly.

and if you aren't open and don't follow your posted hours your customers can insult you and your employees right?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If I arrive at 5:00 I would expect to be able to shoot until 5:30. I mean heck - if I'm willing to pay for it why couldn't I show up at 5:10 and only shoot until 5:30? I mean does it really matter if I'm there at 4:55 or 5:05 if I have to quit shooting at 5:30 regardless?

Meh.

Yeah, it matters. If you got there and they let you check in at 5:15 and shut the lights out at 5:30, would you not be upset? After all, you are paying for 30-minutes. Just because YOU are saying that you are willing to pay doesn't mean that I am. If they let me sign in at 5:15, I would believe they would honor the 30-minutes that I paid for.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom