• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Okay. I guess I'm the first employee to this show, so I'll explain what happened today. We had a line the entire day for the range. At around 3:45 to 4 pm, there was an estimated hour wait time. We decided to stop taking shooters to allow everyone who had already showed up to be able to shoot for the amount of time they expected to be able to and to allow us to close on time. Had we not stopped taking shooters until 5 pm, there still would have been an hour wait when you all walked in. We tried to let everyone know why they were being turned away early, and if it wasn't explained to you at that time, then it's our fault. We don't like turning customers away, because as you can see, people get upset. But we also don't want to be there an hour after we expect to be home with our families. Sundays tend to always be the busiest day for the range, and today was just that times two.

How so busy when this is empty before 5:30?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Okay. I guess I'm the first employee to this show, so I'll explain what happened today. We had a line the entire day for the range. At around 3:45 to 4 pm, there was an estimated hour wait time. We decided to stop taking shooters to allow everyone who had already showed up to be able to shoot for the amount of time they expected to be able to and to allow us to close on time. Had we not stopped taking shooters until 5 pm, there still would have been an hour wait when you all walked in. We tried to let everyone know why they were being turned away early, and if it wasn't explained to you at that time, then it's our fault. We don't like turning customers away, because as you can see, people get upset. But we also don't want to be there an hour after we expect to be home with our families. Sundays tend to always be the busiest day for the range, and today was just that times two.
    Makes sense! Can understand the reasoning. Thanks for giving a reason. I'm satisfied personally. Glad business is going so well!

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    No kidding! I'll stick to $8 for a half hour and $12 for an hour.
    It's 22 for two people on 1 lane for one hour. Up to 12ga and .300 on rifles. The range is honestly nicer than any local I have been to. 10 for 1 person 1/2 hour 15 for 1 person for 1 hour. Additional person on the lane is half price. I got there really close to cut off time with 2 other friends and they let the three of us shoot 30 minutes on one lane for 5 bucks each. Sorry you had a negative experience to the OP

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Okay. I guess I'm the first employee to this show, so I'll explain what happened today. We had a line the entire day for the range. At around 3:45 to 4 pm, there was an estimated hour wait time. We decided to stop taking shooters to allow everyone who had already showed up to be able to shoot for the amount of time they expected to be able to and to allow us to close on time. Had we not stopped taking shooters until 5 pm, there still would have been an hour wait when you all walked in.
    IMHO the best way to handle this would have been to continue accepting shooters and to let them know their estimated wait times. I would make it clear that if they were not in a lane by 5 PM [i.e. if the line didn't move as fast as expected] that they would not get to shoot and leave it up to them as to whether they stay or they go.

I know that when I showed up at 4:56 there were, I believe, 2 or 3 lanes in use and the rest were empty. There is no reason you couldn't have given me a 30 minute session or anybody else that walked in after your line/wait was gone as this was clearly before 5 PM.

We tried to let everyone know why they were being turned away early, and if it wasn't explained to you at that time, then it's our fault.
    It wasn't explained to me but, that said, I would have looked at the range and saw how empty it was and said, "Clearly there is no line now and I am here before 5 PM, can I please have a lane?"

We don't like turning customers away, because as you can see, people get upset.
    I'm not upset - but it's not the first time I've been denied a lane before the cutoff when the range was not busy at the time. It doesn't matter to me, as a customer, if you were busy 1 hour ago if your range when I get there is virtually empty.

But we also don't want to be there an hour after we expect to be home with our families.
    The solution to this is simple - anybody on the range when 5:30 comes has to pack it up and head out regardless of whether there's a line or not. Anybody not on a lane by 5 PM does not get a lane - regardless of how long the line is.

At the end of the day as a customer I can understand if your line is so long that I won't get a lane before the cutoff. As a customer I do not understand if you close down your range early so that your people can get home. As a customer it doesn't matter to me if you did it because you were busy 5 minutes before I walked in or 5 hours before I walked in.

Just my two cents.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    How so busy when this is empty before 5:30?

It's always that empty at 5:30. As I said, we tried to cut it off to allow everyone who was in line to shoot for the full amount of time they wanted and still allow us time to clean and prepare the range for next time. The reason we take the last half hour shooters and hour before we close is to allow us a half hour to clean everything with no one on the range before close.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    It's always that empty at 5:30. As I said, we tried to cut it off to allow everyone who was in line to shoot for the full amount of time they wanted and still allow us time to clean and prepare the range for next time. The reason we take the last half hour shooters and hour before we close is to allow us a half hour to clean everything with no one on the range before close.

That picture was taken at 5:10 PM.

20 minutes before the supposed close time. its empty. Mike was there at 4:56 and only 3 lanes were in use.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's always that empty at 5:30. As I said, we tried to cut it off to allow everyone who was in line to shoot for the full amount of time they wanted and still allow us time to clean and prepare the range for next time.
    So "to allow everyone who was in line to shoot for the full amount of time" means that you have no shooters in the range between 5 PM and 5:30 PM?

I don't understand the leap in logic. If the line was as long as you say it was and the wait was as long as you say it was you should have had shooters all the way up until 5:30. Why was the range empty just after 5 PM?

The reason we take the last half hour shooters and hour before we close is to allow us a half hour to clean everything with no one on the range before close.
    I understand why the range closes before the rest of the store. I do not understand why the range closed before it was supposed to as you have the clean-up time built into the closing time. You stopped taking shooters before 5 PM and you had the range closed at or just after 5 PM [instead of 5:30].

If the line was done, as it clearly was due to there being no shooters after 5 PM, you should not have turned me down at 4:56. There were plenty of lanes open with nobody waiting and I was before the cutoff... How in the world was I denied because you were 'too busy'?

All I can hope that comes from this is that this situation is handled better by BGF should it arise again in the future. Once your line is cleared up - if it's still before the cut-off - you should accept new shooters rather than letting tons of lanes go idle and closing early.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Don't you guys think you've beaten this to a froth?

It's over.

Most of you think that you can ignore "no firearms" signs with abandon. Why are you such sticklers for this particular sign?

Deal with it and move on.

As for me, I look forward to using the range; however, I'd never show up on a day when everyone else has the day off.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Honestly I was working up front he entire time today. I just know there was a long wait when they decided to shut down the range. I'm not anywhere near management, so I can only tell you what we did and why. I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience in the store. I can assure you the management will be reading this and hopefully we can avoid something like this in the future.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Don't you guys think you've beaten this to a froth?

It's over.

Most of you think that you can ignore "no firearms" signs with abandon. Why are you such sticklers for this particular sign?

Deal with it and move on.

As for me, I look forward to using the range; however, I'd never show up on a day when everyone else has the day off.
    I would be careful trolling - if not you may end up with a longer 'vacation'.

Honestly I was working up front he entire time today. I just know there was a long wait when they decided to shut down the range. I'm not anywhere near management, so I can only tell you what we did and why. I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience in the store. I can assure you the management will be reading this and hopefully we can avoid something like this in the future.
    I'm not holding you personally responsible or faulting you - just posting my views on the situation with the tidbits of information you've provided.

I'm not mad/upset but if stuff like this keeps happening people will express their displeasure by simply not patronizing BGF. Hopefully this is a rare occurrence but I know I've experienced it at least twice and I know at least one other person that has experienced it at least twice as well so either we're both unlucky or it's more common than it should be.

I do appreciate you taking the time to try and address this regardless.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Is that a threat? And who made you queen of the moderators, Mike?

I think you guys are doing a disservice to this gun shop for a minor issue.

Next time, quit feeding your face and get there at a reasonable hour.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Why is it ok to leave negative post for a business that has the right to run it like they see fit and even refuse service if they so chose.
    But they then chose how they want to do business with people on the classified section and not expect to be given negative feedback.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Mike or SNS but just trying to understand proper protocol

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Why is it ok to leave negative post for a business that has the right to run it like they see fit and even refuse service if they so chose.
    But they then chose how they want to do business with people on the classified section and not expect to be given negative feedback.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Mike or SNS but just trying to understand proper protocol

Why not? If a company wrongs you do you not have the right to tell someone else?

Also there is a ginormous wall that says INGO on it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Mx6kj.gif

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Why not? If a company wrongs you do you not have the right to tell someone else?

Also there is a ginormous wall that says INGO on it.

This is what you posted in the Should I Leave Negative Feedback thread.

I've backed out of many deals with 50 post wonders.....I will not deal with any 50 post wonder or site supporter wonder......

No offense SNS but I think this is double standards :dunno:

They are within the rule guidelines but you chose not to do business with them.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom