• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yes but you are missing the whole point. Mike was there on time. The hours posted aren't 4:55. The hours posted are 5:00. They were there on time and denied service. Everything else is irrelevant. Are you saying people who don't have tons of green to spend have no right to be annoyed? Or just not to voice it in public? Businesses should only treat their "valued" customers with respect?

I'm not saying that at all. But it is comments like that, that makes SNS think I am a "snob". I'm basing my assesment from his "full retail" on used guns in his ads. Yet he is quick to point out that a business with overhead is selling used guns at a higher price (for profit, they are a business) in his opinion.
    For most of my life I have been broke myself, I probably should have worded that differently.
    I'm not missing the point. Mike shows up 5 minuites before "last call", does not get served. SNS comes on here and makes a mountain out of a mole hill. I took my valuable time (real loss) to read and post in this crazy worthless thread.

So to answer your question, good service should not be income based.

I still stick to my guns, that it was p*ss poor planing. Most people know that at an indoor range, you need to sign a waiver, make sure you have eye and ear protection, and a possible ammo check too make sure you're not going to be shooting AP ammo at their back stop.
    All those things take time. They should have thought about that and planned accordingly.

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Then they should change the sign to allow for that. Easy fix. From reading the response from BGF it doesn't sound like "pre-shooting" time even entered into it though. I am always at least 10 min early for EVERYTHING. So I get that. But if I tell someone Ill be there until 5, I'm there until 5. I might close at 5:00:01. I agree this topic is a mountain from a mole hill but that was largely in part to the people who flamed the OP. Most of us probably would have just been irritated and gone home. Potentially never shopped there again. If I stopped shopping at all the business that irritated me, I'd be SOL.

My my point is and has been that the guys had a reason to be irritated and a right to post it. I'm not nominating anyone for INGO ambassador to the LGS.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Then they should change the sign to allow for that. Easy fix. From reading the response from BGF it doesn't sound like "pre-shooting" time even entered into it though. I am always at least 10 min early for EVERYTHING. So I get that. But if I tell someone Ill be there until 5, I'm there until 5. I might close at 5:00:01. I agree this topic is a mountain from a mole hill but that was largely in part to the people who flamed the OP. Most of us probably would have just been irritated and gone home. Potentially never shopped there again. If I stopped shopping at all the business that irritated me, I'd be SOL.

My my point is and has been that the guys had a reason to be irritated and a right to post it. I'm not nominating anyone for INGO ambassador to the LGS.

I completely agree. If SNS would have been a little more "professional" in is complaint it would have had more merit in my eyes.
    But he does seem to have a lot of "problems" with businesses and people alike. I have never met the man, yet he flamed me and called me a "snob" because I don't believe in shooting steel cased ammo through $1000 dollar rifles (AR's).

But yes, if a time is posted, they should abide by what they have posted as hours.
    I think maybe we all should give it a rest.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After reading the entire thread, including the explanation, it seems that the BGF employees let nothing stand in the way of them getting out the door on time. If I was the owner I might be concerned. If I lived around Indy I would, out of courtesy to these folks, make sure I didn't impede their progress out the door.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    In another thread, BGF stated they were going to close on a Sunday due to the possible snow emergency.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ange-closure-notice-sunday-jan-5-2014***.html

SNS responded:

It certainly seems that there is a pattern of vindictive behavior here. 2 criticisms on closures. Trashy remarks on pricing.

Frankly, he's on my ban list for my store.

AAh the wonder of internet anonymity Im on the ban list and you know nothing about me, yet alone who I am. I love it. Your right I find absurd closings rediculous. Oh were gonna close for snow that might not even come here, Oh we are closing to change light bulbs, Oh we closed because we were busy,

Can you tell me when said range might actually be open? Or is it just a long line of closures? Were to lazy to work so we are closed. Oh we want to get out early so we are closed.

Sounds like you business model is just inline with BGF and I wouldnt want to inconvience you either and make you work. By outing the **** poor sad customer service that is BGF I have had 2 other local gunstores and ranges step up and guarantee me that that would never happen to me; and if it did to call X and it will be remedied immediately.

You see the response of the stores that had no dog in this fight show what true customer service is. And they have earned my business and my loyalty.

You and the rest of the BGF can do no wrong (even though their story has now changed 3 times) fan boys can continue to shop there I will go some place that actually values customers and treats them right.

If you noticed, I posted a while back that I was going to be the bigger man and I left the thread alone, I knew what was going to come and it did. Nothing like fanboy name calling and personal attacks.

The irony is you want to try and make me th bad guy and you forget that MikeDVB and another ingo member were also apart of this. So what would your fanboy defense be If Mike or the other INGO member had gotten home 1st and posted this instead of me? Or how about the gentleman that posted later that also observed the range shut completely down at 5:10 pm?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If a place is busy…like a bowling alley, a golf course or a shooting range: Pick up your phone and call ahead to see if you'll have any issue with wait times or closures.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You know what I like about Fox News (cable 59)? They do the best they can to present both sides of a discussion and then leave it up to those interested veiwers to decide for themselves about what ever subject is being discussed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I take this as a very postitive thing. It appears that things are going really well for everyone. If this little issue is important enough for this amount of devoted attention, i.e. angst and neg rep carpet bombing...the rest must be going so darn well it can proceed on autopilot. We are truly blessed. :rockwoot:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Interesting. I thought they had a range, if I were that tight with a range owner they'd probably get all of my business.
    The only issue I ever had at ITP was that the ventilation was bad [i.e. place filled with smoke in a hurry if all 5 lanes were in use]. Not sure if they got that fixed but that's one issue I never had at BGF - their range is well constructed and ventilated.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm tired of this thread and before I start banning folks faster than I can dump a mag, I'm closing this one. That's right, I'm a big, mean, power-tripping MOD that's a crony to to those who pay $ to INGO. Nevermind the fact that this thread is full of bickering, name-calling, general asshattery and douchienesss, a great deal of which is at the hands of some who shouldn't be here in the first place. If I see any ANY spoof threads or other discussion of this in any other of the forums, the OP will be banned permanently, as will anyone else who participates. Fair warning. Hate me or love me, I don't care, but this is over with.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom