• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So you were not there at 16:58 and are going off third party information. For all we now BGF was showing it was past 17:00 hrs.
    I was there 5 minutes until 5. If their clock already showed 5 PM then their clock is fairly fast. That could certainly be the case but I didn't push the issue. [I.e. I didn't say, 'Well what time does your system show?'

I just said thanks and left - and told SnS what had happened as I was leaving.

I thought you were only 5 minutes behind. You say 10 here, but thats really 12 minutes by what you posted.
    I asked for the lane and SnS was going to join me once he got there - we both understood he wouldn't get to use the full 30 minutes of time and we were both OK with that.

I don't see where that's all that hard to believe. The shooters are supposed to clean up after themselves, and if the don't the times I have been there the staff stays on it if the shooter doesn't. Plus maybe it was a slow afternoon and they didn't have any shooter after 16:00 hrs, so when 17:00 hrs rolled around they were ready to flip a couple switches and close it down.
    It wasn't a slow afternoon - there was a LINE of people that were getting turned down.

It's not about the range not being in demand - but about the staff simply wanting to get out of there quickly. I don't blame them - but if that's the case they should change the posted times on their site/door/signature/etc.

If you had been planning the trip for 2 weeks you should have been better prepared. The meet and greet was at 2PM, no reason you couldn't have left earlier to ensure you made the cut off and were not pushing the 5PM cut off time.
    So what you're saying is that because we showed up just before [key word: before] the cutoff we were turned down and that is somehow our fault?

I don't follow the logic - but you're welcome to pick that ball up and run with it.

Or someone could have made contact with BGF and let them know you were bringing an INGO group to shoot and it would be around 5 when you showed up after the meet and greet, they may have even been willing to stay open late if it had been prearranged.
    No need for them to stay open late and no need for special arrangements - I was there before the cut-off and was denied. Life goes on.

Like it or not its was rude of the INGO group to show up right at 5PM and expect special arrangements (as some of the party was not there).
    Nobody asked for special arrangements. I was there before the cut-off and was denied. Had I showed up at 5:00 or 5:01 then this thread wouldn't exist because I would have been after the posted cutoff and it would have been clearly my fault for not arriving earlier.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    So today was a great day at the meet and eat and was followed up by a horrible time at Beech Grove Firearms.

1st part of my party arrived (INGO members if they want to out themselves) @ 1658 hrs. And tried to pick up a lane at Beech Grove firearms. I was 5 minutes behind.

Here is the sign posted.

The time was 1658 hrs.

Upon my arrival 10 minutes later 1710hrs I observed this

Since they were closed any way there was no rush to get inside so I waited for another ingo member whom I had arranged to meet up there. When I entered the store a few minutes later @ 1710hr the range was already shut down.

Yep at 5:10 pm the lights are off and the range is closed, mind you the sign at the front door says last 1/2hr shooter @ 5:00pm. Also the store doesnt close at 5pm it closes at 6 pm... Just shows the laziness of the store. Obviously the range was closed down long before the 5pm cut off time.

Prices on a few used guns seemed ludicrous.

Its a shame to have an INGO wall and then shaft shooters due to laziness. My how Beech Grove has fallen, 2 employees that made it worthwhile to go to Beech Grove are no longer there and apparently they just shut the range down all willy nilly whenever the feel like it regardless of what they have posted.

I guess my money is better spent elsewhere.

Ammo prices were higher than walmart and apparently they also sell some Horn A Day ammo.

So My planned range trip of 2 weeks to sight in a patrol rifle for work is a bust again. Thanks Beech Grove for ruining a perfectly good day. It was a great value to waste the gas and time of INGO members just to arrive and be told the range is closed when it should be open.

The next time I think range shooting, gun purchase or ammo rest assured I won't inconvenience you by giving you some money and using up some of your time.

major escalated beyond the issue butthurt

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Look at the OP. Is it only about the range not being open this evening? Prices, employees leaving and so on is mentioned. It's serious butthurt.
    I was told the reason I couldn't get a lane was because they were cleaning up and were going to get out of there as soon as the few people that were still left on the range were done.

There's no speculation and there's no butthurt about it - that's exactly what happened. I'm not guessing here :).

That said - I should have read the original post a little more closely the only thing I can comment on is about being there before 5 PM and being denied a lane for a half hour. As far as the rest of the statements - I can't comment.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Yep I arrived late... There was no urgency to rush inside Range was closed. I hung out in the parking lot, smoked a cigarette with another ingo member and loitered around waiting for another member for a FTF sale.. Then I went inside... & @ 1710 the range was closed no pew pew pew lights off.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Look at the OP. Is it only about the range not being open this evening? Prices, employees leaving and so on is mentioned. It's serious butthurt.
    I skimmed over the OP and somehow didn't pay attention to anything but the time/range issue.

I cannot and will not comment on the rest of the statements - only about the range not being open until it was posted it would be open.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yep I arrived late... There was no urgency to rush inside Range was closed. I hung out in the parking lot, smoked a cigarette with another ingo member and loitered around waiting for another member for a FTF sale.. Then I went inside... & @ 1710 the range was closed no pew pew pew lights off.
    I assume the people that were shooting when I was in there were supposed to be done at 5. That's the impression I got but that's speculation on my part because it was implied but not spoken.

When I was told they were not opening any new ranges because they were cleaning and as soon as the few shooters on the range currently were done it seemed as though that would be within the next few minutes, hence me not being able to get a lane because I would make them have to stay there longer and clean later.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I skimmed over the OP and somehow didn't pay attention to anything but the time/range issue.

I cannot and will not comment on the rest of the statements - only about the range not being open until it was posted it would be open.

Staff not being there? Steve and Kevin are gone... no doubt about that.
    Ammo Yep I heard Horn A Day, and heard prices... a little higher than wally world.
    Gun prices... Used USP Compact Tactical for $1100. yep saw that too. Retail is around $980 new.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I assume the people that were shooting when I was in there were supposed to be done at 5. That's the impression I got but that's speculation on my part because it was implied but not spoken.

When I was told they were not opening any new ranges because they were cleaning and as soon as the few shooters on the range currently were done it seemed as though that would be within the next few minutes, hence me not being able to get a lane because I would make them have to stay there longer and clean later.

They shut the range down at 4 or 430... If you werent there at 430 you were not going to shoot, even if you had showed up @445 you still wouldnt get to shoot. In a matter of 10 minutes the range was empty, closed sign on and lights dimmed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    major escalated beyond the issue butthurt
    From reading through this thread you seem more upset than anyone else.

if a business doesn't follow their posted hours I think that's an issue that deserves mention. I do a lot of business with bgf and have since they were on Main Street, but the whole reason is because I feel they've done me right as a customer. I have noticed MYSELF (not third party) that recently something has changed and each trip hasn't been what it used to be. I hope they fix it or I'll just give USDS 100% of my business instead of splitting it between the two. And I spend a good amount of money in both.
    I miss steve at the beech grove range. He ran it smoothly, never lied or played dumb with me when I asked a question, treated me like family. I hope he comes back.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have not got to an indoor range in a few years. The last time I went, it took approximately 10 minutes to register and get on the line. This particular range checked my DL, provided a target, etc. I'm not sure what all Beach Grove does to get people on their line, but if it could have been done in 110 seconds and another 10 seconds for the group to walk down to the line, they may have a good argument. I'm not sure how big the group was, but it would seem more reasonable if we were talking about 15 minutes instead of two. I have about 20 watches and several clocks and I doubt if any two of them will show the exact same time. Maybe their clock was just a bit fast.

As for SNS showing up 10 minutes past that time, can anyone just walk in and start shooting (if that was the plan) or would he also have to register to go on the line to shoot? If so, would he pay for 15-20 minutes and expect to get the full 30 minutes?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    They shut the range down at 4 or 430... If you werent there at 430 you were not going to shoot, even if you had showed up @445 you still wouldnt get to shoot. In a matter of 10 minutes the range was empty, closed sign on and lights dimmed.

OKAY, this is a better explanation that I've read in the thread. I probably missed it, but yeah, this would be a problem with me, too. What did the manager say?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And has been there before, so all he has to do is sign the log book give his license and pay the $10 for the half hour. New shooters fill out a simple 5 minute form and then the process is the same. Since they were there way before the half hour cutoff time they should have bee able to shoot. But I guess every business has the right to turn down money if they don't want it. I guess business is good when you start turning down money.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

OKAY, this is a better explanation that I've read in the thread. I probably missed it, but yeah, this would be a problem with me, too. What did the manager say?

I am unclear if this is fact or speculation.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy

I arrived in the lot at 501... I hung out in the parking lot for a bit before going in... there was no urgency to get inside since Mike had informed me we couldnt shoot. And I had another member coming to buy an item off me. I had no intention to go in after Mike told me we couldnt shoot but had some time to kill. So we wandered around looked in the cases, saw the $1100 used usp compact tactical, Saw the range doors and the lights off closed sign, went out side and the incoming member was coming in the gate. Did my FTF, left so the member I was with could get to work. If I observe management inside a place that does me wrong frankly i dont care what they have to say they are culpable as well. Management by default would know or notice the range was closed early. Hard to miss the closed sign on the door.

Pretty sure the owner was inside. At least I have been told its the owner.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I am unclear if this is fact or speculation.

Speculation with factual basis. If there were shooters when MikeDVB arrived before the cut off time and Mike wasnt allowed to get a lane and I entered the building 10 minutes later and there were no shooters and the range was closed its a good guess that the Real cut off was 4pm or 430pm not the 5pm as advertised.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I have not got to an indoor range in a few years. The last time I went, it took approximately 10 minutes to register and get on the line. This particular range checked my DL, provided a target, etc. I'm not sure what all Beach Grove does to get people on their line, but if it could have been done in 110 seconds and another 10 seconds for the group to walk down to the line, they may have a good argument. I'm not sure how big the group was, but it would seem more reasonable if we were talking about 15 minutes instead of two. I have about 20 watches and several clocks and I doubt if any two of them will show the exact same time. Maybe their clock was just a bit fast.

As for SNS showing up 10 minutes past that time, can anyone just walk in and start shooting (if that was the plan) or would he also have to register to go on the line to shoot? If so, would he pay for 15-20 minutes and expect to get the full 30 minutes?

And yes Que I would expect to pay the $22 dollars for 2 shooters on 1 lane and only shoot to the alloted time. I dont care about the shooting all I was doing was sighting in a rifle (not a long time) and the other member was function checking 2 mags (not alot of time)..

Mike just wanted to see my M1A scout go pew pew pew, and maybe make it go pew pew pew him self a few times.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I arrived in the lot at 501... I hung out in the parking lot for a bit before going in... there was no urgency to get inside since Mike had informed me we couldnt shoot. And I had another member coming to buy an item off me. I had no intention to go in after Mike told me we couldnt shoot but had some time to kill. So we wandered around looked in the cases, saw the $1100 used usp compact tactical, Saw the range doors and the lights off closed sign, went out side and the incoming member was coming in the gate. Did my FTF, left so the member I was with could get to work. If I observe management inside a place that does me wrong frankly i dont care what they have to say they are culpable as well. Management by default would know or notice the range was closed early. Hard to miss the closed sign on the door.

Pretty sure the owner was inside. At least I have been told its the owner.

I'm not saying your are wrong on any of this, but is seems like the other guy should be the one with the problem, if he was there at 4:30 PM. Your part is making the story very fuzzy and difficult to follow.

It's always good to talk to management. You know those guys are on here and read this, so why not just talk to them face-to-face. If you don't care what the management has to say, are you posting this because you care what we have to say? It would be better to look a man in the eye and tell him why you will not spend money in his store, rather than posting it online. I believe you would have achieved a better result. I hope things work out for you.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I'm not saying your are wrong on any of this, but is seems like the other guy should be the one with the problem, it he was there at 4:30 PM. Your part is making the story very fuzzy and difficult to follow.

It's always good to talk to management. You know those guys are on here and read this, so why not just talk to them face-to-face. If you don't care what the management has to say, are you posting this because you care what we have to say? It would be better to look a man in the eye and tell him why you will not spend money in his store, rather than posting it online. I believe you would have achieved a better result. I hope things work out for you.

Que look at it this way:

You own Que's Taco Shack home of the all you can eat taco buffet with listed hours of 8AM to 6 PM taco buffet till 5:30 PM

I arrive at you location at 458 or 501 PM and ask to use the buffet, You tell me your buffet is closed.

What would talking to the management do? You are the owner. You either closed the buffet or you saw that it was closed.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que look at it this way:

You own Que's Taco Shack home of the all you can eat taco buffet with listed hours of 8AM to 6 PM taco buffet till 5:30 PM

I arrive at you location at 458 or 501 PM and ask to use the buffet, You tell me your buffet is closed.

What would talking to the management do? You are the owner. You either closed the buffet or you saw that it was closed.

You never know what would happen. If somebody pointed it out to me, I would probably get on my game and start paying more attention to my posted hours. What do you want to happen at this point?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom