• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    You can join your party that's already shooting. If you show up to a lunch meeting before the other party and sit at a table, are the other guest turned away because they didn't arrive at the same time as you did with the reservation? No! They are directed to your table to join you.
    Either some intelligent people here aren't comprehending the issue or they are just trivializing it and trying to bash the op In order to stick up for an ingo advertiser because they are an advertiser? I'm just trying to figure out which

If the restaurant closed at 6PM and I showed up at 5:58 (which I wouldn't do) and said I had a buddy meeting me in a couple minutes and he got there at 6:03 PM and they had locked the doors, do you think the restaurant is obligated to let said buddy in? Sign says last shooter must be there by 5PM.

SNS has no right to complain he did not get to shoot.

MikeDVB does, but says its not a big deal.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    and if you aren't open and don't follow your posted hours your customers can insult you and your employees right?
    Is writing a post about your experiences with a vendor insulting to the employees and the business?

I mean - let me put it another way.

If I go into Wal-Mart and the cashier calls me a mother f******* s***head and tells me to go jump off a bridge and I come here and post about it... Am I insulting Wal-Mart and/or that employee or are Wal-Mart and/or that employee the ones doing the damage?

If they gave me a lane at 4:56 to let me shoot until 5:24 this thread wouldn't exist.

BGF, imho, are the ones that dropped the ball - not SnS for posting about it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If the restaurant closed at 6PM and I showed up at 5:58 (which I wouldn't do) and said I had a buddy meeting me in a couple minutes and he got there at 6:03 PM and they had locked the doors, do you think the restaurant is obligated to let said buddy in? Sign says last shooter must be there by 5PM.

SNS has no right to complain he did not get to shoot.

MikeDVB does, but says its not a big deal.

Since this argument flew right past you, I recomend you go back and review the thread.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's like a barber shop that stops taking new customers a half hour or an hour before they close so they can clean up. THEY (one) OF THEM WAS THERE TO RENT THE LANE BEFORE BGF's posted cutoff time!!!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Is writing a post about your experiences with a vendor insulting to the employees and the business?

If I go into Wal-Mart and the cashier calls me a mother f******* s***head and tells me to go jump off a bridge and I come here and post about it... Am I insulting Wal-Mart and/or that employee or are Wal-Mart and/or that employee the ones doing the damage?

If they gave me a lane at 4:56 to let me shoot until 5:24 this thread wouldn't exist.

sure he is, and he's calling them lazy, making fun of pronunciation of words, whining about their prices and claiming the good employees left. All of this because the range was closed. Talk about a blow up

As a business and employees yes. That's fair. As individual people off the clock no.

I agree somewhat but there are things that shouldn't have been said. They killed the approach and if I were BGF I wouldn't even care

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If the restaurant closed at 6PM and I showed up at 5:58 (which I wouldn't do)
    You're not making an apples-to-apples comparison.

BGF closes at 6. The range closes at 5:30 and last call is at 5.

When a restaurant closes at 6 - the kitchen closes at 6 - if it closes earlier than that and a customer wants something - sure, you can refuse, but is it good business to do so? I mean you could close the kitchen at 2 PM and refuse all orders until 6 if you wanted or you could just lock the doors at 2 PM. Point is - if you're open you should be open and if you're closed you're closed.

I know that when I managed a restaurant we would always close the kitchen down early so our cooks/employees could go home but if a customer walked in 5 minutes before we closed and wanted something - we made it. It's just good business and customer service.

If we are going to stop selling food at 5:30 then we need to close at 5:30. If we're going to close at 6 then we don't stop selling food at 5:30.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Mike, if your watch showed 4:56 and the attendant said his watch showed 5:00, would you still be upset? I understand you aren't even upset now and really don't care, but you guys said they closed 30-60 minutes early and i'm trying to figure out how you know that if neither of you were there? One of you said other people were turned away. Were they there before you guys?

I just think it would be better to present facts and not assumptions. If they closed that early, it doesn't matter if you got there at 4:56.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I must be since you take your time to write me sweet nothings in my rep. lol

Why can't you read the OP and see what is wrong and poor form?
    I wrote you a rep explaining this is normal behavior from the range there. And I did so in the beginning of this thread. Your posts have went down hill and now your making personal insults to members. I'd respond in kind but I don't want to violate the rules.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    sure he is, and he's calling them lazy
    I'm not sure if 'lazy' is the right word but if you're going to close down the range early and not abide by your own posted hours it's definitely not a good thing. Lazy? I don't know. I am not quite sure what word would be the best label.

whining about their prices
    So he felt the prices were high and shared as much. You have an issue with this? I was at Gander Mountain the other day and I felt their prices on Ammo was a bit high ... am I a bad person for thinking it and sharing it? No.

and claiming the good employees left
    That's his opinion and he's welcome to it just as he's welcome to share it. You're welcome to disagree - I see no harm and no foul here.

All of this because the range was closed.
    He felt like sharing his experience about the range time and, while at it, decided to share some of his other opinions. I'm not sure why this would bother you unless you have some vested interest in Beech Grove Firearms?

Talk about a blow up
    Sharing one's opinions does not equal blowing up in and of itself. I could share a dozen opinions about just about anything without blowing up because sharing an opinion does not equate to blowing up.

if I were BGF I wouldn't even care
    This is a rather depressing point of view. Any business should care about how their patrons view them. Too many experiences like this with too many customers and they're going to lose business. For every one person that posts up a thread complaining about an issue there are surely several more that experienced the issue as well and didn't post.

I know, while I was there, several people were turned down for lanes before 5 PM. All of those people didn't come here to post - they may not be INGO members - but surely it's something they will keep in mind should they decide to come back to BGF. If it happens too many times eventually people will stop going.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Did anyone not see where I posted they've closed EARLY before and I've witnessed it several times. So it's not just a one time issue. I think its fair as paying customers to get and answer from beech grove firearms why this is happening. Then it's done. Simple. They can do what they want it's their business. But at least let us know there's a possibility if you show up towards the end of the day that the posted hours may not always apply for whatever reason. That's not too much to ask for by loyal paying customers is it?

edit: I wanna add that I love the range and the shop for the most part. I like Greg and Michelle and 99% of the other staff. I want them to thrive and have even payed more on accessories and ammo there to be loyal. And bought guns too. And have spent an ungodly amount on the range(don't tell my wife :): ). But SNS has a legitimate concern and I think he should get an answer. Even if it's not one he likes.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Mike, if your watch showed 4:56 and the attendant said his watch showed 5:00, would you still be upset?
    Never did I say I was upset so I would have to say no on it's face.

That said - if I asked for a lane and they said, 'Sorry, it's past the cut off,' I would do one of two things:
    1. I would ask, "Can I go ahead and shoot until 5:30? I understand I will get less than a full half hour and will be paying for a full half hour." If they said no - I would be OK with this as I was past the cutoff.
    2. I would say, "Ok, thank you."

I understand you aren't even upset now and really don't care, but you guys said they closed 30-60 minutes early and i'm trying to figure out how you know that if neither of you were there?
    Because I was there before the cutoff and was denied and only a few minutes later the range was empty and the door locked. The range closed early for sure - there is no doubt about that.

One of you said other people were turned away. Were they there before you guys?
    There were several turned away before and after me. I asked anyways because it was not yet 5 PM.

I just think it would be better to present facts and not assumptions. If they closed that early, it doesn't matter if you got there at 4:56.
    If they didn't close early - I should have been able to get a lane for a half hour :).

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Did anyone not see where I posted they've closed EARLY before and I've witnessed it several times. So it's not just a one time issue.
    Yep - I've gotten there 15 to 20 minutes before the cutoff [45 to 50 minutes before the range closed] and been denied a lane before.

It's happened to me twice.

I think its fair as paying customers to get and answer from beech grove firearms why this is happening. Then it's done. Simple.
    It would be nice to see some sort of official response but I'm not going to hold my breath. That said - if they don't respond - no big deal for me. I don't live just down the street anymore and since it's quite a drive for me - I won't bother making that drive with the risk that I won't be able to get a lane. I'll go somewhere else that I know I can get a lane and shoot within the posted business hours.

I used to go to BGF to shoot almost weekly... Oh well.

They can do what they want it's their business.
    Yep. It sure is and they sure can. It's not good for business but it's their business.

But at least let us know there's a possibility if you show up towards the end of the day that the posted hours may not always apply for whatever reason. That's not too much to ask for by loyal paying customers is it?
    Not so loyal anymore after it happening a few times I would think :).

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    sure he is, and he's calling them lazy, making fun of pronunciation of words, whining about their prices and claiming the good employees left. All of this because the range was closed. Talk about a blow up

I agree somewhat but there are things that shouldn't have been said. They killed the approach and if I were BGF I wouldn't even care

Yep I didnt get to shoot so I had a chance to peruse the wares of the store. Yep I saw a $980 New USP Compact Tactical for $1990 used. Yep the same handgun can be had new for Retail $980

Yep I said 2 good employees are gone. Steve and Kevin. Both of them cared. I interacted with them and considered them good employee's. I think BGF is worse off without them and their style of customer service.

Would apathetic be a better term, Or the phrase horrible customer service? What term for what I percieved of their attitude would placate you JD?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Never did I say I was upset so I would have to say no on it's face.

That said - if I asked for a lane and they said, 'Sorry, it's past the cut off,' I would do one of two things:
    1. I would ask, "Can I go ahead and shoot until 5:30? I understand I will get less than a full half hour and will be paying for a full half hour." If they said no - I would be OK with this as I was past the cutoff.
    2. I would say, "Ok, thank you."

Because I was there before the cutoff and was denied and only a few minutes later the range was empty and the door locked. The range closed early for sure - there is no doubt about that.

There were several turned away before and after me. I asked anyways because it was not yet 5 PM.

If they didn't close early - I should have been able to get a lane for a half hour :).

Well, let's see if they reply, but it's a possibility they won't. Some just like to do things one-on-one instead of airing it in public. Maybe they'll send you guys a PM. Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Okay. I guess I'm the first employee to this show, so I'll explain what happened today. We had a line the entire day for the range. At around 3:45 to 4 pm, there was an estimated hour wait time. We decided to stop taking shooters to allow everyone who had already showed up to be able to shoot for the amount of time they expected to be able to and to allow us to close on time. Had we not stopped taking shooters until 5 pm, there still would have been an hour wait when you all walked in. We tried to let everyone know why they were being turned away early, and if it wasn't explained to you at that time, then it's our fault. We don't like turning customers away, because as you can see, people get upset. But we also don't want to be there an hour after we expect to be home with our families. Sundays tend to always be the busiest day for the range, and today was just that times two.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom