Please reply by conversation.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    SEE the bold underlined and italic'd, Enlarged, colored text below

Welcome to Beech Grove Firearms & Range. We are located at 3020 South Emerson in beautiful Beech Grove, Indiana. (Southeast Side of Indianapolis, 1.5 miles North on Emerson Avenue from 5 o'clock on the 465 dial).

Please stop in and see us sometime!!

STORE HOURS-
    MONDAY: CLOSED
    TUESDAY – SATURDAY: 10am-8pm
    SUNDAY: NOON- 6PM
    RANGE HOURS-
    MONDAY: CLOSED
    TUESDAY - SATURDAY: 10 am - 6:30 pm for last hour shooters, 7:00 pm for last 1/2 hour shooters.
    Sunday: Noon- 4:30 pm for last hour, 5:00 pm for last 1/2 hour.

RANGE PRICES:
    $15.00 Per Hour Per Lane For The First Shooter
    $10.00 Per 1/2 Hour Per Lane For The First Shooter
    Second Shooter Per Lane is 1/2 Price
    No More Than 2 Shooters Per Lane

Respectfully,

The Beech Grove Firearms Staff
    3020 South Emerson Avenue
    Beech Grove, Indiana 46107
    Main Office: 317-791-2725
    Fax Line: 317-791-2726
    NFA & SSNFA Office: 317-791-0709
    www.bgfrange.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beech-...86538791363763

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    1st part of my party arrived (INGO members if they want to out themselves) @ 1658 hrs. And tried to pick up a lane at Beech Grove firearms. I was 5 minutes behind.

So you were not there at 16:58 and are going off third party information. For all we now BGF was showing it was past 17:00 hrs.

The time was 1658 hrs.

Upon my arrival 10 minutes later 1710hrs

I thought you were only 5 minutes behind. You say 10 here, but thats really 12 minutes by what you posted.

Since they were closed any way there was no rush to get inside so I waited for another ingo member whom I had arranged to meet up there. When I entered the store a few minutes later @ 1710hr the range was already shut down.

Yep at 5:10 pm the lights are off and the range is closed, mind you the sign at the front door says last 1/2hr shooter @ 5:00pm. Also the store doesnt close at 5pm it closes at 6 pm... Just shows the laziness of the store. Obviously the range was closed down long before the 5pm cut off time.

I don't see where that's all that hard to believe. The shooters are supposed to clean up after themselves, and if the don't the times I have been there the staff stays on it if the shooter doesn't. Plus maybe it was a slow afternoon and they didn't have any shooter after 16:00 hrs, so when 17:00 hrs rolled around they were ready to flip a couple switches and close it down.

So My planned range trip of 2 weeks to sight in a patrol rifle for work is a bust again. Thanks Beech Grove for ruining a perfectly good day. It was a great value to waste the gas and time of INGO members just to arrive and be told the range is closed when it should be open.

If you had been planning the trip for 2 weeks you should have been better prepared. The meet and greet was at 2PM, no reason you couldn't have left earlier to ensure you made the cut off and were not pushing the 5PM cut off time. Or someone could have made contact with BGF and let them know you were bringing an INGO group to shoot and it would be around 5 when you showed up after the meet and greet, they may have even been willing to stay open late if it had been prearranged.

Like it or not its was rude of the INGO group to show up right at 5PM and expect special arrangements (as some of the party was not there).

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Last time I checked this was exactly the place to do that. Yep. Just checked. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly>>Local Gun Shops

No, you're not. Feigned civility is still just as transparent over the internet as it is in person.

Honestly, I'm sorry you disagree. I choose to voice concerns or issues face to face. I'm not sure of what you do so I can't apply it to your world. In my world people come to me first if there is something wrong. They don't put it out for everyone or leave it for me to find somewhere.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    So you were not there at 16:58 and are going off third party information. For all we now BGF was showing it was past 17:00 hrs.

I thought you were on 5 minutes behind. You say 10 here, but that really 12 minutes by what you posted.

I don't see where that's all that hard to believe. The shooters are supposed to clean up after themselves, and if the don't the time I have been there the staff stays on it if the shooter doesn't. Plus maybe it was a slow afternoon and they didn't have any shooter after 16:00 hrs, so when 17:00 hrs rolled around they were ready to flip a couple switches and close it down.

If you had been planning the trip for 2 weeks you should have been better prepared. The meet and greet was at 2PM, no reason you couldn't have left earlier to ensure you made the cut off and were not pushing the 5PM cut off time. Or someone could have made contact with BGF and let them know you were bringing an INGO group to shoot and it would be around 5 when you showed up after the meet and greet, they may have even been willing to stay open late if it had been prearranged.

Like it or not its was rude of the INGO group to show up right at 5PM and expect special arrangements (as some of the party was not there).

Bravo Landon. I am currently working and don't have the time to point it all out. :yesway:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    32 minutes... Arrive at 5 and shoot to 5:30 as the sign says.... except we arrived at 4:58 and didn't get to shoot.

I understood it as getting the last half hour. not arrive at 5 to shoot AT five thirty, but arrive at 5 to shoot UNTIL 530. either way its arrive at 5 and you are making a mountain out of 2 minutes... and just because you used your cell phone for the time does not make YOUR time "perfect"

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I understood it as getting the last half hour. not arrive at 5 to shoot AT five thirty, but arrive at 5 to shoot UNTIL 530. either way its arrive at 5 and you are making a mountain out of 2 minutes... and just because you used your cell phone for the time does not make YOUR time "perfect"

From what I read on the signs, the store was supposed to stay open to 6pm even though the range closes early. The store was also closed.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG. THE STORE WAS STILL OPEN

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    What if their clock was two minutes off? you are talking about 120 seconds here IF you had the proper time to begin with, give me a break.

Yep I have the proper time. At exactly 1700hrs I was texted "They wont let me take a Lane" "Said They are closed" So prior to 1700hrs ie 1658 hrs They were already closed.

Per the 2nd pic taken at 1710hrs you can clearly see the closed sign on the range. 0 shooters (no pew pew pew sounds)lights dimmed or off.

Once again BGF closed the range all willy nilly.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

I thought you were only 5 minutes behind. You say 10 here, but thats really 12 minutes by what you posted.

I don't see where that's all that hard to believe. The shooters are supposed to clean up after themselves, and if the don't the times I have been there the staff stays on it if the shooter doesn't. Plus maybe it was a slow afternoon and they didn't have any shooter after 16:00 hrs, so when 17:00 hrs rolled around they were ready to flip a couple switches and close it down.

That's going to be a pretty hard post to counter w/ facts.

I guess I overread the fact that the OP wasn't even on time at all, and was assuming that the first person was there "perfectly 2 minutes early"

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    From what I read on the signs, the store was supposed to stay open to 6pm even though the range closes early. The store was also closed.

From what I have read it sounds like the store was open and just the range closed, but I was not there to confirm that. Put the picture posted of the range door was taken from inside the building.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Per the 2nd pic taken at 1710hrs you can clearly see the closed sign on the range. 0 shooters (no pew pew pew sounds)lights dimmed or off.

You are right. there were no shooters on the lane when 5 rolled around, and nobody had arrived in time to get a lane. therefore all they had to do was turn off the lights....

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I showed up at 4:56 and asked for a lane and I was told no. They said that once the people currently on the range were done they were cleaning up, replacing light bulbs [yes, that was said], and then they were leaving. I was told, 'If you want to shoot on a Sunday you need to come in before 4."

The range *was* still in use but they wouldn't let me have a lane.

Why have the sign say that if you want the last half hour to be there before 5 but refuse to give a lane to somebody there before 5? I would have been happy with 5 PM to 5:30 PM. There were plenty of lanes open and there were people shooting. Somebody walked out of the range and left the doors open a bit when I was talking to BGF staff and he told me to hold on until the doors shut because he couldn't hear me [over the shooting that was going on].

Understand I'm not here to put BGF down - but simply to be clear as to what did or did not happen and what was or was not going on at 4:56 PM [which, admittedly close to 5PM is not 5PM nor is it after 5 PM.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You are right. there were no shooters on the lane when 5 rolled around, and nobody had arrived in time to get a lane. therefore all they had to do was turn off the lights....
    I was there at 4:56 and there were still people shooting. The sign says to be there by 5 to get the last 1/2 hour of shooting and to be there by 4:30 to get the last 1 hour of shooting.

I was there by 5, and was refused.

Fine by me - I'll just spend that money elsewhere.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's going to be a pretty hard post to counter w/ facts.

I guess I overread the fact that the OP wasn't even on time at all, and was assuming that the first person was there "perfectly 2 minutes early"
    I was there 4 minutes early but, that said - why say by 5 if you really mean by 4:50 or 4:30 or 4PM?

What if I told you my store closed at 9PM but you showed up at 8:30 to buy something and it was already closed [with the sign on the door clearly showing open until 9PM]?

I'm not mad or upset but the fact is that I was there before the cutoff and wanted a lane and was not given one.

Life goes on.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You are correct - arrive by 5 PM to get to shoot from 5 PM to 5:30 PM. Arrive by 4:30 PM to get to shoot from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM.

To be honest - even if I showed up at 5:10 and was told I could only shoot until 5:30 PM I would still pay for the full half hour and be happy with that ... more interested in getting out of there as quickly as possible than making a customer happy I suppose :).

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I showed up at 4:56 and asked for a lane and I was told no. They said that once the people currently on the range were done they were cleaning up, replacing light bulbs [yes, that was said], and then they were leaving. I was told, 'If you want to shoot on a Sunday you need to come in before 4."

The range *was* still in use but they wouldn't let me have a lane.

Why have the sign say that if you want the last half hour to be there before 5 but refuse to give a lane to somebody there before 5? I would have been happy with 5 PM to 5:30 PM. There were plenty of lanes open and there were people shooting. Somebody walked out of the range and left the doors open a bit when I was talking to BGF staff and he told me to hold on until the doors shut because he couldn't hear me [over the shooting that was going on].

Understand I'm not here to put BGF down - but simply to be clear as to what did or did not happen and what was or was not going on at 4:56 PM [which, admittedly close to 5PM is not 5PM nor is it after 5 PM.

That's the way this complaint should have gone. and the way you said it lends credibility to it, that and your posting history on ingo.

The OP on the other hand, had a buddy tell him he was there 120 seconds early, and then he was also late himself.... it sounded whiney, but what threw it over the edge for me was tossing in a few "supplemental complaints"... it made it sound more like he was whining about 2 minutes than airing a legit complaint against the business. Had I read it the way you posted the above, I probably would have never been in this thread.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I don't see any butthurt - is somebody upset/crying?

I'm certainly not upset or anything but will make things a little more clear :).

It's sort of an arms-race. Someone griping is accused of being butt-hurt. Often times the accuser is trying to get the griper to shut up about it because it's hard to argue against being butt-hurt without sounding butt-hurt. Kind of like asking "why are you being so defensive?" Hard to answer that without sounding defensive. "You still beating your wife?"

I do have to say that the reactions and the back and forth with this little tempest in a teapot have been a nice distraction from the files I am supposed to be copy and pasting.

ETA: oh, and I went out and shot on my range just now before I turned off the lights and closed it again 8-)

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom