"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't have any experience with driving a bus, but is it the best choice of a first time driver's test vehicle ? I would rather start in a Ford Focus. Did she make the 11 year old girl parallel park it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    qUCwmcj.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait... it's important to distinguish which Tiamat we're talking about.

In D&D lore, Tiamat has five heads... so does each head also have a bunch of snakes on it? That would look odd...

In Final Fantasy series... it also matters... the FF1 and FF2 version has five heads... but later versions are just great wyrms, one head. Or FF9, three heads.

Then you've also got the Swedish metal band, TIAMAT, but I doubt this person is emulating them.

This is to say nothing of Tiamat's appearance/depiction in Shin Megami Tensei, League of Legends, Darksiders, IDW Ghostbusters, and the Marvel Universe.

This person's name raises so many questions, and we haven't even touched on the impact of the Medusa surname.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wait... it's important to distinguish which Tiamat we're talking about.

In D&D lore, Tiamat has five heads... so does each head also have a bunch of snakes on it? That would look odd...

In Final Fantasy series... it also matters... the FF1 and FF2 version has five heads... but later versions are just great wyrms, one head. Or FF9, three heads.

Then you've also got the Swedish metal band, TIAMAT, but I doubt this person is emulating them.

This is to say nothing of Tiamat's appearance/depiction in Shin Megami Tensei, League of Legends, Darksiders, IDW Ghostbusters, and the Marvel Universe.

This person's name raises so many questions, and we haven't even touched on the impact of the Medusa surname.

^^^^Again, we are doomed.^^^^;)

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    This, here; judgement. A gross lapse in judgement can be an indicator of future lapses in judgement, especially since it happened multiple times. This is just something you cannot subject your children to. I wonder if she was drug-tested? Poor judgement, IQ below 50, or drug induced idiocy; no one with kids wants that for their school bus driver.

If I was the guy who had hired her, I'd think about what the incident tells me about her judgement. When a person does something that so clearly pegs my scale of bad judgement, I'm left wondering what if it barely registers on hers? What if that incident of bad judgement is nothing compared to what else she might do? And, if she did something worse next month, or next year, would I want to be sitting in front of my bosses explaining why I didn't fire her the first time.

The only thing that would keep me from firing her would be if it's really, really hard to find a good replacement, or maybe if hiring her in the first place was a favor to someone else that I can still enjoy the benefits of.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It went from thinking you're a different gender is not insane, to thinking you're a different species is not insane.

And who is the "anti-science" group?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This example illustrates the ridiculous and illogical nature of changing external characteristic and believing that doing so changes what is defined irrevocably by DNA. Making yourself look like a silly parody of a lizard no more makes you a lizard than making yourself a tragic parody of the opposite sex via surgery and hormones changes your sex.

I do not believe that wanting to be something that you are not is necessarily mental illness. I do hold that actually believing that you are a different sex (or species) than what your chromosomes dictate is absolutely mental illness. I also believe that resorting to extensive surgical procedures --- to mimic the characteristics of the sex you are not --- is indicative of a deeply troubled individual that goes beyond confusion over gender. I feel compassion for people are suffering on that level, but I will not indulge a delusion just because a segment of society seeks to require it of me. I will not deliberately be rude or hurtful to someone, but I also won't contribute to the problem by participating in the social engineering.

And with that, I believe that I have unequivocally verified my racist ---> fascist ---> a Nazi ---> Literally Hitler credentials.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Unfortunately, the furry / otherkin / extreme body modding stuff is nothing new. Look up 'Dennis Avner', or as he was better known, 'Stalking Cat'.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    No, I don't take 11 years olds.
    I have to train 18 year olds. Guess what. They listen LESS than the boy scouts I taught to shoot guns. The scouts listened.
    After I tell an 18 year old not to push this button until this gauge reads 12, guess what... THEY PUSH THE BUTTON.

So, instead of FIRING them, we TRAIN them. CORRECT them.
    If they continue to make stupid preventable mistakes, or don't learn, then they get fired.

I never said nothing should happen.
    I said, the punishment was too much for the crime.

Hell, why don't we just take the bus driver and execute her?
    Cause it's TOO MUCH.

Speaking of don't push this button...

We had a machine that had a button marked "do not push this button". What no new hire knew was that the button was hooked up to a counter. The counter was a four digit counter, so it could read 9,999 before it zeroed. That counter zeroed MANY times before they removed it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom