• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    JM custom kydex AIWB w/ extra tuck > DF Archangel. I love Dale's stuff, but the JM works way better for me, moves less, and has less of a print. Rigid split loop.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok, the same day I broke the clip on my homemade AIWB holster, I found a CompTac 2 o'clock in the classifieds for half the price of new. I figured I'd go ahead and try it.

There is now ZERO denying the fact that I am a CompTac Fanboi.
    My 3 carry holsters are:

CompTac Paddle for OWB
    CompTac MTAC for IWB
    CompTac 2 o'clock for AIWB

12103d1341540801-comp-tac-two-oclock-holsters-two-oclock-0511.jpg

I may as well go ahead and replace my Bladetech DOH competition rig with a CompTac International... :rockwoot:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Chezuki, I prefer to appendix carry; what issues arise by using an AIWB in a different position?

Not sure I understand the question. I don't use the AIWB holster in any position other than AIWB. I suppose you could, but it wouldn't have the forward cant that most IWB holsters designed for hip carry have so the grip would be more likely to print.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Chezuki, I prefer to appendix carry; what issues arise by using an AIWB in a different position?

An AIWB holster, in the appendix position, needs to be able to move with the body.

Any other holster, in the 3-5:o'clock position should be locked in place, never being able to move, with a little bit of a cant.

I don't think an AIWB holster would be good anywhere else on the body.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    An AIWB holster, in the appendix position, needs to be able to move with the body.

Any other holster, in the 3-5:o'clock position should be locked in place, never being able to move, with a little bit of a cant.

Good point. The MTAC just locks the pistol in place. The 2 o'clock would have some front to back play (if worn on the hip).

Despite the "2 o'clock" name, I carry AIWB at the 12:30-1:00 position.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Not sure I understand the question. I don't use the AIWB holster in any position other than AIWB. I suppose you could, but it wouldn't have the forward cant that most IWB holsters designed for hip carry have so the grip would be more likely to print.

You understood; this was the kind of thing I was looking for.

That makes sense. The single clip on the AIWB holsters would allow it to shift around pretty easily; that could be a problem.

Thanks to both of you!

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI

I used to think this, and did small readjustment when my AA would flex a bit. Now, I much prefer the holster to be locked
    s perpindicular as possible to my belt, so that it moves with the belt and pants, not my body. Less print, adjustment, movement overall. YMMV

Edit: "locked as"

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Good point. The MTAC just locks the pistol in place. The 2 o'clock would have some front to back play (if worn on the hip).

Despite the "2 o'clock" name, I carry AIWB at the 12:30-1:00 position.[/QUOTE

Yeah that's what I like about the MTAC, it stays in place.

I've been tempted to buy the 2:o'clock holster, it looks like it would work great.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Not trying to hijack the thread but since were all already "here" (talking about appendix carry)... For those of you dedicated to appendix carry, What type/brand etc belt do you wear? I am waiting for my Galco belt to come in now. Maybe I will have better luck with it. My current set up does not work well with appendix carry.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Not trying to hijack the thread but since were all already "here" (talking about appendix carry)... For those of you dedicated to appendix carry, What type/brand etc belt do you wear? I am waiting for my Galco belt to come in now. Maybe I will have better luck with it. My current set up does not work well with appendix carry.

What do you use now that doesn't work? I generally wear a Wilderness Instructor belt, and it works great, but I've worn lot of other "lesser" belts without issue, and that's carrying full-size guns. And full-size pistols, too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used to wear a Wilderness Instructor Belt, but both of mine are too big for me now. I was unable to obtain a replacement from them that matched the construction of the two I own, so I sought an alternative. I now wear a Super BioBelt from Daltech Force and it's a fantastic belt. The only thing I liked better about the Wilderness was the buckle and velcro closure. The BioBelt has a conventional belt buckle and keeper.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    As far as belts, originally it was the wilderness, then the bio belt. Recently I have been trying the Atlas G hook and although the quality of the belt is good, I am not digging it. I may actually go back to the wilderness for ease of adjustment. The bio belt works well but a like a snug fit and the conventional buckle arrangement is not the best for fine tuning and it is not exactly low profile.

Top Bottom