• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am reading through the AIWB thread from there now. Holy Cow! It is 89 pages long and I am only at 28!

Good stuff on there. I want to finish it before I decide what to get.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well although it isn't ideal I picked up a Blade-Tech Nano IWB for a decent price. Has a slight cant to it, but for testing purposes it seems to do fine.

Wore it all day yesterday. I am working on a house so there is a lot of bending, crouching, climbing and such. Once I found a sweet spot it no longer bothered me. I also did a fair bit of driving and went out to dinner.

This holster isn't wedged to pull the grip in, but as mentioned it was just to get a feel so to speak. I have a nice belt, but at times this felt a little floppy. Might be that it is too high up, might just be me.

Also proved that AIWB is not fat man friendly. The food blister definitely gets contorted. That is something I am in process with now.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ok then... what's the secret for those of us that are in shape but it happens to be a pear shape?

I moved my pants waist line up to just below the naval and that seemed to help. Bending has always been a chore, but now seems more so.

Teach me... I like the entire concept of AIWB carry. It is faster for me to acquire, seems less likely to print, even though I have a rig that isn't just right so I get a bulge when I sit that shouldn't be there even if happy.

I have a class to go to at the end of the month, but I won't have the proper AIWB setup by then. I am hoping to do some actual live fire with what I have tomorrow if possible.

I am off to look for how to make a wedge in this rig to bring the grip back into my gut. I don't call it a love handle because nobody should have that much love.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That's the plan if I can get it through my head that it will work. This holster has very little cant. Trying to get the feel of something between 1200 and 0200.

Does the slight change in cant make that big of a difference short term for testing? I didn't want to drop bigger bucks to test out yet another rig. If I get close and like it I am all for spending the money.

Again, I am new to this. When I carried in that position before it was with a suede collapsible clip on and in the late 80's. Things have changed drastically since then.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That's the plan if I can get it through my head that it will work. This holster has very little cant. Trying to get the feel of something between 1200 and 0200.

Does the slight change in cant make that big of a difference short term for testing? I didn't want to drop bigger bucks to test out yet another rig. If I get close and like it I am all for spending the money.

Again, I am new to this. When I carried in that position before it was with a suede collapsible clip on and in the late 80's. Things have changed drastically since then.

One real benefit of a holster that is actually designed for appendix carry is they allow a little side to side movement to keep things comfortable while seated. Holsters made for 3-5 o'clock positions are usually locked down pretty tight.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I was impressed with how smooth (and quick) your AIWB draw was yesterday chezuki, so I pulled out a custom kydex appendix holster I picked up in a trade and have been playing around with it a bit tonight. It certainly is easier to access and get on target quickly than a 3-4 o'clock IWB, and the clearing of the cover garment (which has been a source of consternation for me) is more straightforward as well. Not sure why I didn't give this method serious consideration when I first picked up the holster, but I'm going to take some time with it and see if it might be a good fit.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I tried to borrow a rig from chezuki but he broke it so I couldn't. Had considered a more local kydex supplier but was worried about the sharp edges and possible broken straps.

Now I have to look into a real AIWB rig, but it will never happen before the class.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I tried to borrow a rig from chezuki but he broke it so I couldn't. Had considered a more local kydex supplier but was worried about the sharp edges and possible broken straps.

Now I have to look into a real AIWB rig, but it will never happen before the class.

This is why nobody buys Chezuki nice things...

I, too, am looking for the right holster to AIWB carry. Hope you find something that works for you.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

This is why nobody buys Chezuki nice things...

I, too, am looking for the right holster to AIWB carry. Hope you find something that works for you.

Awe come on! I made the damn thing, I can break it if I want to!! :laugh:

I just need to mold a new belt loop/clip . I used .080 since it was what I had on hand, but the belt loop needs to be a heavier gauge (obviously). Whenever I pick up some more Kydex, I will likely make a new clip and donate the whole thing to an aspiring appendix carrier.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI

I just need to mold a new belt loop/clip . I used .080 since it was what I had on hand, but the belt loop needs to be a heavier gauge (obviously). Whenever I pick up some more Kydex, I will likely make a new clip and donate the whole thing to an aspiring appendix carrier.

If it fits a full-size M&P, I'd pay for shipping just to try it! :D

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

Injection molded is where it's at. This is pretty much all I put on my IWB's now. Multi Holsters ~ Quality Custom KYDEX Gun Holsters for Inside, Outside, Multi 2-in-1 Inside/Outside Waistband & Mag Holders - FOMI Clips

Top Bottom