• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    High noon holsters Mr. Softy works 10x better for me than the Archangel.

Here is a link:

Mr Softy

for *me* that one is a non-starter. I personally would never use a soft holster in aiwb carry. The idea of trying to keep it open to reholster makes me shudder. No way anything but kydex is in my aiwb plans. Besides... Having to refer to something in my pants as "Mr. Softy"? I don't think so.

scrubber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    West Central
    I completely understand your point.

I pull Mr. Softy out of my pants, then I re-holster.

:):

My Glock 26 in an archangel was uncomfortable enough that I chose not to carry. And it didn't conceal well with just a T-shirt.

I carry my G26 in a Mr. Softy AIWB 14+ hours a day and don't have any discomfort. And it conceals easily even in a white T-shirt.

Different strokes, for different folks. Important thing is finding one you like and carrying every day.

for *me* that one is a non-starter. I personally would never use a soft holster in aiwb carry. The idea of trying to keep it open to reholster makes me shudder. No way anything but kydex is in my aiwb plans. Besides... Having to refer to something in my pants as "Mr. Softy"? I don't think so.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... My Glock 26 in an archangel was uncomfortable enough that I chose not to carry. And it didn't conceal well with just a T-shirt.

I carry my G26 in a Mr. Softy AIWB 14+ hours a day and don't have any discomfort. And it conceals easily even in a white T-shirt. ...

What do you think accounts for the comfort difference between these holsters for you? (ex. lower ride, smoother edges, etc.)

Archerguy1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Alexandria Indiana
    I found Phlster Holsters on a search, make a great looking IWB Appendix carry holster, then searching on Ebay found one almost as good, holster and extra mag carrier in Carbon Fiber looking Kydex and it works and feels great and does just as well in the 4 o'clock position

holster.jpg

Holster2.jpg

Attachments

• Holster2.jpg
      Holster2.jpg
      3.2 KB · Views: 176
    Last edited:

scrubber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    West Central
    What do you think accounts for the comfort difference between these holsters for you? (ex. lower ride, smoother edges, etc.)

The lower ride is probably the reason the Mr. Softy feels better for me.

You can see how it rides below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      453.7 KB · Views: 17
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      407.9 KB · Views: 29

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have started to love the cheapo galco soft leather holsters with no can't for appendix carry. Way more comfortable then anything kydex IMO. They are $25-30 so not much of an investment if u don't like it. Only trouble is re-holstering since they are soft.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Cedardrop and love machine, this is more to you guys after reading through a lot of your posts in this thread and others... But anyone please chime in.

I am looking for a AIWB holster for a Glock19. I have been really leaning towards a INCOG. I like that if I really want to I can carry it in other positions also. But I keep seeing these rave reviews on the archangel. It is only a bit more expensive ($20-30) than the INCOG so I started to consider it, even at $100 for kydex being ungodly expensive for me to justify! It will make me sick no matter how much I like it and the quality of it when I think paying that kind of money. But maybe after years of use i'll be ok with it... So anyways I don't have an option to try one before buying. I may have access to at least trying on an INCOG but I am torn between the two. I see you both lean to the archangel and so I wondered if you could sell me on it. And if you don't carry AIWB what holster do you use other than the archangel? I am just curious.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Cedardrop and love machine, this is more to you guys after reading through a lot of your posts in this thread and others... But anyone please chime in.

I am looking for a AIWB holster for a Glock19. I have been really leaning towards a INCOG. I like that if I really want to I can carry it in other positions also. But I keep seeing these rave reviews on the archangel. It is only a bit more expensive ($20-30) than the INCOG so I started to consider it, even at $100 for kydex being ungodly expensive for me to justify! It will make me sick no matter how much I like it and the quality of it when I think paying that kind of money. But maybe after years of use i'll be ok with it... So anyways I don't have an option to try one before buying. I may have access to at least trying on an INCOG but I am torn between the two. I see you both lean to the archangel and so I wondered if you could sell me on it. And if you don't carry AIWB what holster do you use other than the archangel? I am just curious.

I have not tried the INCOG. Reports from people that I trust are that it does not fare well in a hand to hand training environment. This makes it a no go for me. YMMV. If you happen to be left handed, I can let you try out an Archangel, or if you are right handed and have an XD also. There are some other quality appendix holsters out there such as Shaggy, Keepers, and another that slips my mind right now. They are not going to be any cheaper, and they will have a significant wait time unless you can find a used one. I just ordered an Archangel for my CZ PO7 and am looking forward to trying it out. Not sure what the lead time is on that model, as I am sure it is one he doesn't stock. Especially lefty.

Top Bottom