• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I, too, have a Henry Holsters appendix holster or my Shield. I like it a lot and it conceals well. I did have to put some padding on it simply because it rides right where a scar from a surgery I had is. Any AIWB holster would probably bother me in that position and the padding helps. But the design of his holster is very good. The concealment kick that he puts in it helps draw the gun toward the body and conceal better. It also has adjustable retention. Andrew makes great stuff.

Depends on a few things. I have to admit I have never tried the AA, or the Raven ACR even, but I have tired a handful and actually helped AMHENRY test out his Appendix holsters before he released them. I really like them and I also really like the Raven VG2. Right now I am carrying in an appendix rig that AMHENRY built for me that allows me to carry a Glock 22 with surefire x300 and a spare mag at appendix position. I would like to try the Gcode/HSP INCOG, but I am so happy with the one I have now that I can't justify the money just to try something.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I decided to dig out the press and make my own. Having made a few Kydex sheaths, I figured I should at least try before dropping $70+ on what amounts to $5 in materials and some Dremel work.

Here it is:

408564498.jpg

She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she'll do.

408564655.jpg

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kind of a related question for all the appendix people.

So, I've been playing around a bit with a Comp-Tac Two O'Clock holster. Can't say that this position is all that comfortable for my build (whereas 3-5 IWB is great).

My question is, will switching to something like an Archangel, et. al, make that big of a difference?

Holsters are expensive, if running through another 1 or 2 isn't going to tell me something I don't already know.

What say ye?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    When I was bigger, the Archangel still worked good.

Although, it seems like the holsters with 1 attachment point works best for bigger guys. The holster with a single attachment likes to move more with your body.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Kind of a related question for all the appendix people.

So, I've been playing around a bit with a Comp-Tac Two O'Clock holster. Can't say that this position is all that comfortable for my build (whereas 3-5 IWB is great).

My question is, will switching to something like an Archangel, et. al, make that big of a difference?

Holsters are expensive, if running through another 1 or 2 isn't going to tell me something I don't already know.

What say ye?

You've seen me, I don't look like a marathon runner, and AIWB in an archangel works great for me. Definitely more comfy than many of the other rigs I've tried. I have several on hand, possibly one for whatever pistol you'd like to try.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    In before Kirk comes along and tells you guys that you'll shoot your wieners off.:laugh:

Nice work BTW.:yesway:

408564655.jpg

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I've had good luck with Gunners Custom Holsters. You can find him on eBay and Facebook. They are really affordable and have help up great for me

Top Bottom