• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have loops with snaps on all of my holsters now. Whenever I've tried rigid belt clips or loops, whether bent kydex or some similar polymer, I have broken them on a regular basis. I did it so much on my beloved Ky-Tac Braveheart that David Elderton created the "rhino-proof" version with loops and snaps. After that, I either converted what I had or bought new holsters with loops.

I believe you cursed me sir.

409907372.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Darn me!

That is the one failing of rigid kydex belt loops and clips. It's not a matter of if they will break, but rather when they will break.

If you need rigid clips or belt loops, get something metal or injected molded from a polymer that is less brittle and with less notch sensitivity.

I believe you cursed me sir.

409907372.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^^ On the incog my "findings" were similar, seems its not bad but there are just much better options. I had planned to buy the holster and didn't after a several other recommendations and then finally on the recommendation of a friend who had/has one. Just said that there are way better options out there for reasons with the clips and just other options functioned better for him than it did.

Only issue I have heard with the clips is the fact that they are flexible is not a good thing at least for some guys.

However I am interested to find out what all of you guys think who have one coming... Oh and turnerdye, what do you think of it?? I am going to ask the guy if I can try his out for a day or two just out of curiosity with so many mixed reviews. G-Code has a good reputation as does Haley so curiosity is peaked even more :)

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    ^^ On the incog my "findings" were similar, seems its not bad but there are just much better options. I had planned to buy the holster and didn't after a several other recommendations and then finally on the recommendation of a friend who had/has one. Just said that there are way better options out there for reasons with the clips and just other options functioned better for him than it did.

Only issue I have heard with the clips is the fact that they are flexible is not a good thing at least for some guys.

However I am interested to find out what all of you guys think who have one coming... Oh and turnerdye, what do you think of it?? I am going to ask the guy if I can try his out for a day or two just out of curiosity with so many mixed reviews. G-Code has a good reputation as does Haley so curiosity is peaked even more :)

So far I really like it a lot but I've only had it for a day now and haven't really got to carry it a whole lot. It rides nice and low but high enough to get a full grip on it easily. The "tactical fuzz" is nice and soft so it rides against the skin nicely. Really thats all I have to say on it currently just because I havent had it that long.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Darn me!

That is the one failing of rigid kydex belt loops and clips. It's not a matter of if they will break, but rather when they will break.

If you need rigid clips or belt loops, get something metal or injected molded from a polymer that is less brittle and with less notch sensitivity.

I've been switching my holsters and mag carriers to the pull-the-dot loops.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been switching my holsters and mag carriers to the pull-the-dot loops.

What's that? :dunno:

Those are snaps that only allow you to open them if you pull in the one, right direction.

Sometimes they are tough to open and close regardless of how you pull!

Almost everyone who uses loops on their holsters uses pull the dot (aka one way) snaps.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I can't imagine how AIWB is comfortable when sitting, what am I missing?

Hard to say. For you, it might not be comfy. I do think AIWB is more of a personal thing, vs. OWB 4pm kind of thing. Your body shape, your clothing choices, your posture, probably your chair or vehicle seat... For *me*, unless I'm carrying a full size gun WITH a threaded barrel (and I'm specifically talking about a full size 1911, a Glock 17, and a Glock 20), i more or less forget that it's there. I can't truly say I forget it, because... well, you know, but it fades away and causes no discomfort. For *me*, and with the clothing I wear, and the things I do, that extra 1/2" or 3/4" that sticks out with a threaded barrel is just enough that it starts to poke me now and then. Still tolerable, unless I've been shooting and the gun is hot, but I definitely know it's there.

While we're on the subject, if you shoot a threaded barrel and really shoot it enough to get it hot, make sure you have a holster that covers it rather than one that's open at the bottom and lets that little makeshift branding iron reach your fleshy bits. Ask me how I know. I'm pretty sure cedartop thought I was just happy to see him, but in reality, I was trying to minimize the amount of scorched flesh. Well, ok, I was also pretty happy to see him.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I can't imagine how AIWB is comfortable when sitting, what am I missing?

Pretty new to AIWB myself. I don't have a comfort issue while sitting, but the food blister does push the grip out more than I would like. While sitting in a vehicle it does not hide as well as IWB at 3:00.

So far I see it printing a lot while just standing, but then again I wear tee shirts that in all honesty should go a size higher. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he started asking about different carry positions. I flashed him and he was not aware that I was carrying at all, so maybe I am just too sensitive to the printing issue.

Top Bottom