• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There's a vast difference between supporting a "cause" and supporting an "event".

I support the notion of Constitutional carry, which I believe to be his "cause" (since no one has clarified otherwise).
    I don't support the "event" of this particular march, which I believe to be reckless.
    That's not to say I don't support any "Pro Constitutional" causes resulting in particular events, as I have attended. I simply don't find *this one* to be productive... actually, quite the contrary.
    But, I digress...
    Cause =/= event. (my :twocents:... worth exactly what you paid for it.)

The thing is though. His event is based on his cause. So if things do go badly, then it only hurts our cause as gun owners. That's why I don't support his event, or him for that fact, because yes, it's directly linked to our cause as gun owners. It's like working in a team at work. You may support a team member on a certain idea, but not support their way of executing it, and everyone in that team pays for it, because that one individual made a bad choice.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What is this "recipe for disaster" of which you speak? What exactly can happen? It's nothing more than the recipe some conjure up about carrying a gun. It's the same recipe some suggest about OCers. It's the same recipe that was spoken of when there were OC marches here in Indianapolis! We can all image the worst that can happen in any situation, but what if it does some good?

It's just as easy to sit on the side lines and point at the faults as it is for others to support him. Either way, the weight is on his back. I guess if something bad does happen, you will at least have the opportunity to bump your post with "i told you so!" but, if nothing happens, will you be there to say you were wrong?

IMHO, the likelihood of people getting arrested is high and the possibility of violence is unknown. I think this provocation can spark gun control moment again, you can bet they won't let an incident go to waste. It's without a doubt a high risk move, for that I pay him on the back for taking the risk, but with the media and liberals in power as well as the RINO's, I only see this ending badly.

If 1k+ show up, arresting them all would be a nightmare and weapons will be seized, and to not arrest them would undermined the laws on the books. I'm all for constitutional carry, but the only way that will happen is what is not allowed to be discussed on this forum.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Good for Adam, I hope his march goes well and accomplishes much.

I'm taking fighting rifle from Tactical Response next month and I hope I learn a lot.

I could not care much less about them having a youtube slap fight.

PS: Is the youtube callout video the "dis track" of our time? Will the Real Roxanne show up in time?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    IMHO, the likelihood of people getting arrested is high and the possibility of violence is unknown. I think this provocation can spark gun control moment again, you can bet they won't let an incident go to waste. It's without a doubt a high risk move, for that I pay him on the back for taking the risk, but with the media and liberals in power as well as the RINO's, I only see this ending badly.

If 1k+ show up, arresting them all would be a nightmare and weapons will be seized, and to not arrest them would undermined the laws on the books. I'm all for constitutional carry, but the only way that will happen is what is not allowed to be discussed on this forum.

I get what you are saying, but he only said he was going to break a law, which he sees as unjust, by means of peaceful protest. He won't be able to do that unless he carries into D.C. I can understand why he is doing it and support his decision to do so.

Yeah, something bad may happen, but I'm not sure the guy has even committed to crossing the state line, according to his video. Besides, if he does, he may lose his right to own a gun once he's charged, but that is his choice. When it's over, he will be labeled a fool by some and a hero by others, just like anyone else who stands up for what they believe is right. We shall see what happens.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like Yeager and I like Adam. I've watched and listened to many of their videos for years. I saw Adam's video last night and I thought he went a little over the top on Yeager. I think he was more hurt that Yeager didn't think his baby was cute.

I think Yeager and Adam have both got some good points and I encourage both of them to go about what they were doing before all the drama. There's more than one way to skin a cat and we have to get rid of this idea that we all have to agree with each other 100% on everything 100% of the time. Like it or not we're loosing our rights together, not seperately. Agree or disagree we need to encourage both of these guys to follow their own paths and accept the consequences of their own actions.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I must have spent the better part of yesterday watching Adam's videos after being linked to his channel in this thread. I'd certainly heard of him, being an anti-statist myself (or the pejorative "anarchist"), but never really watched his videos or anything. My favorite thing about his channel was all the videos of him interviewing Occupiers. I like how he can basically infiltrate their ranks if you will and spread the good word of capitalism/voluntaryism in an articulate way.

Also, I think I'm going to start using the word Loyalist or Tory more often. Seems more and more appropriate by the day IMO.

Last edited:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I get what you are saying, but he only said he was going to break a law, which he sees as unjust, by means of peaceful protest. He won't be able to do that unless he carries into D.C. I can understand why he is doing it and support his decision to do so.

Yeah, something bad may happen, but I'm not sure the guy has even committed to crossing the state line, according to his video. Besides, if he does, he may lose his right to own a gun once he's charged, but that is his choice. When it's over, he will be labeled a fool by some and a hero by others, just like anyone else who stands up for what they believe is right. We shall see what happens.

iirc, he said he was going at peaceful protest but will respond if needed. To me, that doesn't sound like it will end well... :n00b:

To add, if I'm gonna go through the effort of losing my rights legally in their eyes, there's going to be more then a peaceful protest. I don't think the country is to that level yet, nor will I further discuss it here.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    iirc, he said he was going at peaceful protest but will respond if needed. To me, that doesn't sound like it will end well... :n00b:

To add, if I'm gonna go through the effort of losing my rights legally in their eyes, there's going to be more then a peaceful protest. I don't think the country is to that level yet, nor will I further discuss it here.

If this is the case, then he's going WAY overboard, but I've not seen or read where he stated that. One the other hand, I can't say that I even knew about this march prior to this thread. Again, we will see what happens.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't support Adam or Yeager. I think they are both attention whores. I did not support the march to begin with, then Adam made the video, and it was just WTF. A video like that screams attention whore to me. I'm all about supporting our Constitutional rights, but we have to think before we speak and act. If something goes wrong, then it affects everyone in the gun community, not just the individual. I think some people tend to forget that. Pick and choose your battles, and don't play off emotion. That's exactly what the people that want to see our rights stripped from us do, they get emotional and don't think rationally. That's exactly what Adam and Yeager did in my opinion, and I don't like people like that representing "we" the gun owners as a whole.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I looked up the press release and this is the actual quote: "The event is said to be non-violent and states that if the group is met with physical resistance, they will turn back." So, it doesn't appear they plan to retaliate with violence.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I looked up the press release and this is the actual quote: "The event is said to be non-violent and states that if the group is met with physical resistance, they will turn back." So, it doesn't appear they plan to retaliate with violence.

Nope. People have been twisting what he said. Haters gonna hate.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

Ok, good...thank you for correcting me with correct information. I still hold to my post, I just can't see anything good coming from this.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Anyone watch Yankee Marshall's chat on this? It's 4 hrs (1st 30 talk about this, no idea about the rest) Anyways, I like his rationale behind his videos. If Kokesh is doing it to help the cause, good...but I don't think this is the way to do it. If he wants to do a peaceful protest, Yankee proposed going unarmed (or have whatever guns in peoples cars) and then have Kokesh cross the line and get arrested...IDK seems like this would be more effective...or have like 10 people do that, rather than 10k armed people...I mean, I get the idea but 10k armed people can cause alot of panic real quick. Just not sure it's well thought out...way too many negative variables. Just my .02

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Anyone watch Yankee Marshall's chat on this? It's 4 hrs (1st 30 talk about this, no idea about the rest) Anyways, I like his rationale behind his videos. If Kokesh is doing it to help the cause, good...but I don't think this is the way to do it. If he wants to do a peaceful protest, Yankee proposed going unarmed (or have whatever guns in peoples cars) and then have Kokesh cross the line and get arrested...IDK seems like this would be more effective...or have like 10 people do that, rather than 10k armed people...I mean, I get the idea but 10k armed people can cause alot of panic real quick. Just not sure it's well thought out...way too many negative variables. Just my .02

Is he asking for 1,000 or 10,000 marchers? :dunno:

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Is he asking for 1,000 or 10,000 marchers? :dunno:

I heard "10,000" HOWEVER I may be wrong and it might be 1,000. Either thats a lot of guns, in a lot of people's hands....I'm just saying it isn't that crazy to think that 1/10,000 people might have the wrong values/ideas and start poppin off rounds. And then it's.......

saFoDJmugGG66-KvhXInxV4jOw9I7VT7a9GPUbR8rQ=s207-p-no

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

the point is who cares about the panic its a peaceful march of people exercising their rights. there should be no panic if noone is doing anything wrong. just like theres no crime if theres no victim.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom