• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Which video are we talking about. The one where he makes a blanket statement about "going to start killing people?" If so does it make that statement any better because he didn't specifically name names?

I'm not looking to re-hash all this i'm just trying to understand what you're talking about.

That is the video I am referencing. I think many of us held and hold the same sentiment, we just didn't go posting it on youtube.

It does make it better. It wasn't a blanket threat, it was a person crying out that our government sucks. Nothing more, nothing less.

We as Americans have the right to protect ourselves from the next hitler or fascist regime. If that means going against the norm and getting into trouble for speaking out against it so be it. I just hope it never has to come to arms. I believe that's how the majority of us feel. :)

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    ok, i just want to point out something you may have noticed real quick, He stated that yeager is "anti-freedom" when he was referencing yeagers time as a narcotics officer, that he was against the freedom of a peaceful buy and exchange of goods? so if i understand correctly this jackass supports the buying and selling of drugs? so the drug dealers are just excersing their rights of free enterprise? and the people who stop these drug dealers are "anti" freedom?, i could really care less what happens to this idiot but he is not helping our cause.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    The difference between the founding fathers and this event? you really have to ask? ok let me spell it out......When the founding fathers took this country for there own, they didn't protest, they started the revoluntary war their goal was to eliminate british tyranny or die trying, now fast forward to today, this protest is to prove a point to the government, not to overturn it or start a revolution, its a demonstration, in which at the end of the day when they go home the only thing they will be able to do is hope the government listened. this is supposed to be a non violent protest, the founding fathers used violence to make things change..... there is a big difference.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The difference between the founding fathers and this event? you really have to ask? ok let me spell it out......When the founding fathers took this country for there own, they didn't protest, they started the revoluntary war their goal was to eliminate british tyranny or die trying, now fast forward to today, this protest is to prove a point to the government, not to overturn it or start a revolution, its a demonstration, in which at the end of the day when they go home the only thing they will be able to do is hope the government listened. this is supposed to be a non violent protest, the founding fathers used violence to make things change..... there is a big difference.

It started out as protests and petitions to the crown, all of which fell on deaf ears. The very first act was not shooting it out with the Brits. A lot of things had to happen leading to that. Sort of like what is going on right now, with things like this march. It, too, will fall on deaf ears. But everything has to happen in its own proper time and order.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yep, end British tyranny and install tyranny with an American "flavor." The people traded one master for another.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    It started out as protests and petitions to the crown, all of which fell on deaf ears. The very first act was not shooting it out with the Brits. A lot of things had to happen leading to that. Sort of like what is going on right now, with things like this march. It, too, will fall on deaf ears. But everything has to happen in its own proper time and order.

very well said, however their is still a bit of a difference in the level of things done which created an entire free country and the things hoped to be accomplished by this open carry protest. these days the legislative battles are fought in the halls of congress and breaking laws may have been acceptable during the time of the revolutionary war, however there are better ways of going about things these days.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Yep, end British tyranny and install tyranny with an American "flavor." The people traded one master for another.

That pretty much nails it. whether we like it or not since this country's creation there has always been some form of government trying to erode our rights away.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    very well said, however their is still a bit of a difference in the level of things done which created an entire free country and the things hoped to be accomplished by this open carry protest. these days the legislative battles are fought in the halls of congress and breaking laws may have been acceptable during the time of the revolutionary war, however there are better ways of going about things these days.

There was also a lot of difference in the level of things done at the beginning of the push for independence as opposed to what actually became necessary as time progressed and the people were ignored.

You say the battle is to be fought in the halls of Congress? What do you do when Congress pats you on the head and dismisses you?

As far as breaking laws goes, that was no more acceptable to the vast majority of people THEN than it is NOW.

Now, all of that aside, the reason these protests and marches do some good is simple. If you want the makeup and the ideas in those halls of Congress to change, you need to make people aware that LOTS OF US carry firearms. They need to know they're surrounded by gun-carriers all the time but they just don't realize it. They need to know it's normal. You don't let people know something is normal by concealing it or hiding it away. That simply reinforces their idea that it's NOT normal, and results in more of the same hysterical anti-gun rantings we're all so familiar with. It results in the city of Olympia being shut down because some guy was walking along with an umbrella in his hands. It results in college campuses being entirely locked down based on a random anonymous phone call. It results in police officers who freak out at the mere sight of a gun on someone's hip resulting in them drawing their own weapons and screaming orders. Hiding it away results in nothing more than the eventual loss of our rights. So although I may not be at these events in person, I do support them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Has anybody taken James Yeager up on his challenge to a duel?

I asked him when I was down there and he said no. Apparently dueling is an old southern tradition and he appeared to be serious as a heart attack about it. Seems silly to me but he had certainly studied up on it.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Haven't seen or heard one news report on this July 4 event you're speaking of on CNN.
    Guess its nothing important to concern myself with...

Sincerely,
    Comfortably numb

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    ok, i just want to point out something you may have noticed real quick, He stated that yeager is "anti-freedom" when he was referencing yeagers time as a narcotics officer, that he was against the freedom of a peaceful buy and exchange of goods? so if i understand correctly this jackass supports the buying and selling of drugs? so the drug dealers are just excersing their rights of free enterprise? and the people who stop these drug dealers are "anti" freedom?, i could really care less what happens to this idiot but he is not helping our cause.

Adam like most libertarians believe no person has the right to punish another person for putting any substance wether it be water, marijuana, ham, or crack, into their own body. Who are you to say I should be imprisoned for ingesting water? Smoking pot? Individual freedoms.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Adam like most libertarians believe no person has the right to punish another person for putting any substance wether it be water, marijuana, ham, or crack, into their own body. Who are you to say I should be imprisoned for ingesting water? Smoking pot? Individual freedoms.

I guess it just irked me a little on his point of view when it come to undercover narcotics officers, especailly after I recently got news that a young girl I watched grow up since she was around 5 yrs old was recently fighting for her life due to an overdose of illegal narcotics.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    There was also a lot of difference in the level of things done at the beginning of the push for independence as opposed to what actually became necessary as time progressed and the people were ignored.

You say the battle is to be fought in the halls of Congress? What do you do when Congress pats you on the head and dismisses you?

As far as breaking laws goes, that was no more acceptable to the vast majority of people THEN than it is NOW.

Now, all of that aside, the reason these protests and marches do some good is simple. If you want the makeup and the ideas in those halls of Congress to change, you need to make people aware that LOTS OF US carry firearms. They need to know they're surrounded by gun-carriers all the time but they just don't realize it. They need to know it's normal. You don't let people know something is normal by concealing it or hiding it away. That simply reinforces their idea that it's NOT normal, and results in more of the same hysterical anti-gun rantings we're all so familiar with. It results in the city of Olympia being shut down because some guy was walking along with an umbrella in his hands. It results in college campuses being entirely locked down based on a random anonymous phone call. It results in police officers who freak out at the mere sight of a gun on someone's hip resulting in them drawing their own weapons and screaming orders. Hiding it away results in nothing more than the eventual loss of our rights. So although I may not be at these events in person, I do support them.

I completely understand and respect your views, I guess its hard for me to understand breaking a law to prove a point, even though it is an important one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I completely understand and respect your views, I guess its hard for me to understand breaking a law to prove a point, even though it is an important one.

I don't get it either, and I'm tired of the Rosa Parks comparison. In effect, the ability to vote and elect representatives implies consent to abide by law, even if it doesn't go your way. If one then breaks those laws, after participating in the process, then by default they invalidate the entire system. Rosa Parks due to her race, was excluded from that system, and thus took the only remedy available to her, non-violent resistance.

Top Bottom