• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    the point is who cares about the panic its a peaceful march of people exercising their rights. there should be no panic if noone is doing anything wrong. just like theres no crime if theres no victim.

I get what you're saying, but the possibilities of something bad happening aren't worth the risk. In other words, the reward is not worth the risk especially since currently gun owners are in a "winning" position. I understand he is trying to make an important point, and he and everyone else is not doing anything wrong by carrying their guns....HOWEVER to be truly peaceful and display civil disobedience I don't think going in armed with loaded guns or any guns is the way to make the point...IMO he is setting himself up with far too many opportunities for something negative to happen...Logically to me it's just not a good approach.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Last time I looked, 70,000 were maybe and approx 3000 were def attending.

Updated: 4620 going. 98,562 maybe's or supporters

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I heard "10,000" HOWEVER I may be wrong and it might be 1,000. Either thats a lot of guns, in a lot of people's hands....I'm just saying it isn't that crazy to think that 1/10,000 people might have the wrong values/ideas and start poppin off rounds. And then it's.......

saFoDJmugGG66-KvhXInxV4jOw9I7VT7a9GPUbR8rQ=s207-p-no

What would you say if I approached you and said that it's crazy for anybody to have guns? Yeah, it's a Constitutionally protected right, but it only takes one crazy guy to kill people, so nobody should have guns. Would you agree? If not, why?

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Subscribed. I hope he gets the people, and I hope it all goes well. If I was going, I think I would be taking a Hi Point with me.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I get what you're saying, but the possibilities of something bad happening aren't worth the risk. In other words, the reward is not worth the risk especially since currently gun owners are in a "winning" position. I understand he is trying to make an important point, and he and everyone else is not doing anything wrong by carrying their guns....HOWEVER to be truly peaceful and display civil disobedience I don't think going in armed with loaded guns or any guns is the way to make the point...IMO he is setting himself up with far too many opportunities for something negative to happen...Logically to me it's just not a good approach.

im sure glad our forefathers didnt have your attitude. Stop giving up some of your freedoms to keep most of your freedoms. :xmad: so frustrated with the way people think.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    What would you say if I approached you and said that it's crazy for anybody to have guns? Yeah, it's a Constitutionally protected right, but it only takes one crazy guy to kill people, so nobody should have guns. Would you agree? If not, why?

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I get the point. But is 1 crazy guy, be him on his own or planted, going nuts and shooting people worth getting the 2nd amendment abolished? I'm not arguing about WHAT he is doing, but HOW he is doing it. Personally, I think the same point can be made even with guns, but with a different approach. Idk, I'm not trying to make enemies especially with fellow gun owners, I just wonder if it's the right way to get things done??

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    im sure glad our forefathers didnt have your attitude. Stop giving up some of your freedoms to keep most of your freedoms. :xmad: so frustrated with the way people think.

Here's my logic behind it for what it's worth. Again, I get his point...But if something happens and the second gets called into question...or worse, a war starts for the second from this march...Is it worth it when it could have been avoided? The march can be done a different way, with the same point made, with no risk of blood shed.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I get the point. But is 1 crazy guy, be him on his own or planted, going nuts and shooting people worth getting the 2nd amendment abolished? I'm not arguing about WHAT he is doing, but HOW he is doing it. Personally, I think the same point can be made even with guns, but with a different approach. Idk, I'm not trying to make enemies especially with fellow gun owners, I just wonder if it's the right way to get things done??

boston tea party anyone?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Here's my logic behind it for what it's worth. Again, I get his point...But if something happens and the second gets called into question...or worse, a war starts for the second from this march...Is it worth it when it could have been avoided? The march can be done a different way, with the same point made, with no risk of blood shed.

if a war starts then so be it. as much as i highly doubt it would happen but if it did, its not like the gun toting marchers are in the wrong, therefore it would be an act war war by the government against its people. you wouldnt stand and fight that fight? :patriot::ar15:

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    if a war starts then so be it. as much as i highly doubt it would happen but if it did, its not like the gun toting marchers are in the wrong, therefore it would be an act war war by the government against its people. you wouldnt stand and fight that fight? :patriot::ar15:

I would. 100%. I do not however, think pouring gasoline on wet wood and throwing a match on it to get it going is a reason for a war. Idk man, I just feel that the gun world is doing very well currently. Should we do more, hell yes we should. BUT do it with intelligence and add force when needed. Again, I dont know you and im not trying to make enemies with you. But I think if he (kokesh) really wants to be effective, he needs to think through this. I understand HE wants it to be peaceful, but that doesnt mean others dont.

On that too; EVERYTHING is speculation. It could go 100% smoothly and I hope it does...I think the majority of us don't want a war, or some crazy guy to start shooting, but it is a real concern. Again, just my .02

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    your problem is that you want results but you want to take the route that follows the rules of the one who is giving you negative results. The one who gives you these results changes the outcome on his terms not yours, he may give you a little here and take away some there then give you a bit here but its just a little game he plays with you and you dont even realize it. the only way to get the results you want is to take them. ie 1776

supreme court said they had to allow firearms 5 years later they still dont. id say that in this particular situation following the rules, calling legislators, voting, etc isnt working. soooo if you want results go get them.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    these same people that in one debate say that the right to bear arms means to have a musket are the same people saying you cannot have a loaded rifle at all in d.c. if these marchers where all taking loaded muskets they would still be crying about it. and if they were using muskets that would mean they are giving in to the thought that the right to bear arms refers to muskets. lose lose.

this is the only logical way in my opinion, and a long time coming

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My Cheetos comment was actually a semi quote from the Yeager rebuttal video. As far as put downs are concerned, that one kinda tickled me.
    Oh, I seen it. It tickled me too. It also makes you wonder what kind of folk would follow Yeager? The kind that appreciates toilet humor?

It really makes the earlier poster's argument "Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a big boost to our collective public image as sane, rational and responsible gun owners."

Top Bottom