Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I share the sentiment... but it's just indefensible.

Can you form an argument for them not touching these sorts of accessories (without slippery slope)? I'd love to hear one... but I haven't heard one yet.

If there were no bump fire stocks. Could he have murdered as many people. Demand an honest answer.

There are only two possible. 1) Yes. 2) I don't know.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I share the sentiment... but it's just indefensible.

Can you form an argument for them not touching these sorts of accessories (without slippery slope)? I'd love to hear one... but I haven't heard one yet.

you can bump fire with your finger and nothing else.....fingers on the chopping block next??????

when and if it starts it will snowball...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    you can bump fire with your finger and nothing else.....fingers on the chopping block next??????

Yeah I think I saw someone use their belt-loop to do it before. Harder to aim, obviously... but not a ton of aim needed for what he did.

Dunno man. It's just a super-easy target... you have this cheap piece of plastic that enables automatic fire (their perception of it), which skirts the law in their (and some of our) eyes.

Just saying these are now illegal to make/sell is probably going to be enough of a good feeling for them to chalk it up as a victory.

It's not the hill I'd choose to die on, to sum up my view on it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You mean like New Orleans? Or Chicago? Or New York City?

Maybe it is because we pay attention and stuff?

Sure.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of homes were searched in those incidents? What percentage of firearms were actually taken, and how many from non-abandoned homes?

The logistics don't make sense, but I won't interfere with the mixture of fear mongering and Wolverines fantasy. It's a lot easier to pretend you'd have some enemy to fight instead of what actually happened in nations that did pass sweeping gun bans where the gun culture is driven underground and, over time, dies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Assuming bump fire stocks will get banned or litigated out of business, Republicans should attempt to negotiate a bipartisan trade off of getting the SHARE Act through for banning bump fires.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Has anyone found it odd, that a city that was built by mafia power (if you understand La Costa Nostra ranks) that Las Vegas has "Under Sheriffs?"

I'm no expert on Sheriff Department organizations, but it seems I've heard "Under Sheriff" used as a title in several Western States. If anyone has an links to how Sheriffs organize, I'd love to read about it!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This seems to work better for people of size.

Should we ban fat people?

What if they go all-out? ATF gets a bug up it's ass and demands all firearms makers must implement internal methods to prevent the semi-auto gun from firing faster than X number of times per second/minute/etc.

Just goes the path of their technology-lock wet dream.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Man, the bodycam footage is crazy.

Lots of emotions/training/futility focused in an extreme situation.

The logistics don't make sense...

Now we're talking the same language. :) Personally, I'd prefer to keep the logistics of firearm registration extraordinarily complicated.

Along those same lines, I accept the risk that USian society may evolve toward making registration/confiscation a legal reality. I don't *think* it'll happen in my lifetime, but it could happen. And, in a theoretical way, that's ok. Its the way our system is designed - majority rule. Perhaps this is better left to a different thread, but a constitutional amendment and some supporting legislation and implementing regulations is all it would take.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    And you're thinking that method would have been just as effective as the slidefire?

from 30 floors up raining down on a crowd.....yes.....windows where broke out pretty low...

images

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Assuming bump fire stocks will get banned or litigated out of business, Republicans should attempt to negotiate a bipartisan trade off of getting the SHARE Act through for banning bump fires.

Selfishly, I'd be ok with that deal.

In reality, though, there's no way it would work.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    What if they go all-out? ATF gets a bug up it's ass and demands all firearms makers must implement internal methods to prevent the semi-auto gun from firing faster than X number of times per second/minute/etc.

Just goes the path of their technology-lock wet dream.

this is what i meant about
    'snowball"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This.

It's somewhat ironic that people complain about "the narrative" and then try to make every criminal attack fit some other "narrative". Some folks are just evil. Sadistic. Sociopathic. Everything isn't politics, religion, or a vast conspiracy. Sometimes it's as simple as evil people do evil things, and trying to neatly pigeon hole it as political violence or what have you is just searching to make sense of something senseless.

Even the conspiracies are an attempt to have some comfort. Random and pointless is more scary than evil but at least rational.

QFT

Maybe it's easier to try to label everything, than it would be merely to admit that evil exists in the world.

Top Bottom