Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Gun shop sells to Joe Bob.
    I get in touch with Joe Bob and ask what he did with the gun. He says he traded it in at Gunz Shack.
    I go to Gunz Shack, they show they sold it to Timmy.
    I go to Timmy...

Etc. etc. It's more often then not a dry well, but it does sometimes come in handy. In something like this shooting, not so much. But the more mundane 4 mopes in a car, a gun in the center console, everybody playing "ain't my gun...I got felonies" then you find Mope B's girlfriend was the purchaser.

I actually don't think they do have voting history. You show ID, but your ballot isn't tied to an ID. Military service and SSN is searchable, I believe.

And yes, I'd have no problem with this. Especially if it keeps a few dead guys and illegals from voting.

Regarding Voting (pulling this from memory):
    Knowing someone who ran for elected office a number of years ago gave some insight about the rolls and voting records. The voting rolls show which party you are currently registered for. Candidates use these party affiliations during campaigns to solicit support from voters from their party. At one time in Indiana, if you asked for a different party in a primary than your current affiliation it would automatically flip your party affiliation until you asked for another party in another primary. Did that a long time ago and suddenly started receiving stuff in the mail for the other party until I asked for the original party in the next primary. I don't know if it still works that way or not. There is, by law, no connection to a ballot to determine who you voted for. If they kept what you signed when you voted, all they can tell is whether you voted in that election. If it was a primary it will show which party's ballot you requested.

John

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did the shooter know this statistic, or did he just assume that most people at a country music concert would likely be conservative whites?
    It doesn't matter what the actual statistic is. Perception is reality.
    Not saying this was the motive. But that's the only demographic that I immediately think of when I hear "country music."
    And I'm apparently not alone in that perception. A few people have already gotten in trouble for saying that they didn't care about the victims because they were likely "Trump voters."
    What demographic do you think of when I say "NASCAR?"
    It's kinda like that.

Expand your horizons and try to stop looking for ways to be a victim.

ibpckb

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Not endorsing any false flag operation theories here, but has anyone noticed how this whole Las Vegas incident reminds one of the first chapter of Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matthew Bracken?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    This.

It's somewhat ironic that people complain about "the narrative" and then try to make every criminal attack fit some other "narrative". Some folks are just evil. Sadistic. Sociopathic. Everything isn't politics, religion, or a vast conspiracy. Sometimes it's as simple as evil people do evil things, and trying to neatly pigeon hole it as political violence or what have you is just searching to make sense of something senseless.

Even the conspiracies are an attempt to have some comfort. Random and pointless is more scary than evil but at least rational.

It could turn out to be just that simple .

However I'm not so quick to dismiss the girls interview and I'm betting that 100K AIN'T going to fund a new church and as everybody knows there aren't any terrorist groups there .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In my opinion, the most impactful thing that could be done to prevent future mass killers would be for the media to go to total blackouts of these killers names.

Stop printing their names, their manifestos, their sad back story, all of it. Stick to reporting on the incident, not the killer. Depriving them of the noteriety they seek would actually make an impact. Of course we know the media would never do it though.
    I saw the mayor of Las Vegas being interviewed and she refused to even say his name. It's a small step, but in the right direction at least. :yesway:

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Not endorsing any false flag operation theories here, but has anyone noticed how this whole Las Vegas incident reminds one of the first chapter of Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matthew Bracken?
    Yeah, but only a little bit. I suggested that false flags happened a few pages ago and was told that I was crazy. Just search Matt Bracken in this thread and you'll come across my post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That’s exceedingly rich coming from you, bumbo. :):

Come on man do you think we can not use Google.

I will put this in the open for all to see. Name calling in any language........will not be tolerated.
    If you can not be civil......just do not participate. Period.

I am following this and a few other threads concerning this issue. Stay inside the lines people.

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Did the shooter know this statistic, or did he just assume that most people at a country music concert would likely be conservative whites?
    Not saying this was the motive. But that's the only demographic that I immediately think of when I hear "country music."
    And I'm apparently not alone in that perception. A few people have already gotten in trouble for saying that they didn't care about the victims because they were likely "Trump voters."
    It's kinda like that.

I don't think it's a terrible theory. Even the psychopaths focus their behavior at something, no matter how illogical. Some of them go after women, some go after a particular religious group, heck maybe he even decided to turn on the "Vegas" for some reason that he had been a part of as a gambler.

It could have been some "logical" choice if someone influenced him or it could have just been who/what/where his mind chose to pick to live out a fantasy.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I saw the mayor of Las Vegas being interviewed and she refused to even say his name. It's a small step, but in the right direction at least. :yesway:

I agree with this, based on research I have read from studies and interviews of mass killers.

The possible future killers fantasize about the notoriety.

I don't even click on any headlines that have the killer's name or photo in them. "Clicks" validate an article. You can read about the situation and analysis without that information.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill

Pray that the gun confiscation, and civil war part doesn't come to pass.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with this, based on research I have read from studies and interviews of mass killers.

The possible future killers fantasize about the notoriety.

I don't even click on any headlines that have the killer's name or photo in them. "Clicks" validate an article. You can read about the situation and analysis without that information.

CNN has apparently has started doing this too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's kinda like that.

When you say NASCAR I think “circle-jerk”. I had a buddy years ago who was into the local drag racing scene. Always called them circle jerks. It wasn’t that he didn’t like NASCAR. It was more of a competitive thing like my sport is better than your sport.

Top Bottom