Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Looks like the shooter was taking the drug diazepam which side effects can include psychotic episodes. Seems like at least 90% of mass shooters were on some sort of big pharma prescription drug, usually ssri's. Seems we may have more of a big pharma problem more than a gun problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Has anyone found it odd, that a city that was built by mafia power (if you understand La Costa Nostra ranks) that Las Vegas has "Under Sheriffs?"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I skipped a few pages.

Regarding the timing, current reporting states that it was ~70 minutes to the breach, but he off'd himself when a uniformed security guard came down the hall to investigate the fire alarm/shooting. Dude likely thought it was a cop, shot through the door injuring the guard, then bit the bullet. That total time was between 10 and 15 minutes as I understand it.

Given the extra mags he had available, it could've been much worse for the police.

That's a kinda long way around to say that the rate of fire probably made things worse, in that more rounds were spewed at the concentrated target environment in a given amount of time. That increased injuries and decreased effective time to escape.

Articulating the benefits of bumpfire will be tricky. "Its fun" just doesn't resonate like it used to.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Articulating the benefits of bumpfire will be tricky. "Its fun" just doesn't resonate like it used to.

It's obviously a workaround to the larger ban on automatic weapons. There really is no articulate argument, outside of freedom, that they'll be able to make.

Bumpfire is dead... let's just hope whatever brush they use to kill it isn't too broad... with unintended consequences for other firearms accessories.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    WISH TV, Indy, is reporting that the family connected to the "girlfriend",

is recieving death threats .....

Also, "d" are asking for "universal" background checks, AGAIN .....

This guy, was a "law abiding" citizen, B 4 this .....

PLEASE explain, how ANY "gun law", would prevent this .....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why does everyone imagine some house to house military operation to confiscate guns?

That would be about 20 steps down the path.

I'm worried about the first and second steps down the path.

I feel like you and I have similar experiences with bureaucracy. Make something easy and you make it more likely to happen.

This is one area that keeping it difficult, but still feasible, is a good thing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It's obviously a workaround to the larger ban on automatic weapons. There really is no articulate argument, outside of freedom, that they'll be able to make.

Bumpfire is dead... let's just hope whatever brush they use to kill it isn't too broad... with unintended consequences for other firearms accessories.

So... here's something I find a bit ironic.

Bumpfire is probably dead without any legislation.

Insurance for those manufacturers, and probably sellers, is going to skyrocket. I'm not sure the bumpfire manufacturers would benefit from the firearm-industry-protecting carveouts for lawsuits.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
    Consider this:

-- Reported: 9 minutes of live fire. Lets speculate that number is accurate.
    -- 9 minutes of .223 discharge in a 1000 sq ft room would certainly cause the smoke alarms to go off.
    -- The actual shooter offs the patsy. Remove his tyvec suit, gloves, booties, stuffs them in a small bag and leaves.
    -- 10 minutes later Hotel employee gets to 23rd floor to investigate alarm and walks into line of sight of hallway camera.
    -- Bad guy, fully charged on event sees uniformed person in camera and incorrectly identifies person as Law Enforcement.
    --[STRIKE] Bad guy dispatches himself to avoid apprehension[/STRIKE].
    -- 51 minutes later, SWAT breaches room. Hence amount of bleed out on corpse.

Just a theory.
    :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
    Let the conspiracies begin.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Not. One. Inch.

I round up.

Top Bottom