• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll ask again, since you keep insisting that this is not about Stealing from Individuals, where do you think you are going to acquire these mythical supplies from?!

Besides I already know the answers to 1 & 2. I just want you to explain to us where you think you are going to find supplies...

Warehouses, Clinics, Hospitals, Convenience stores, Gas Stations, Radio Stations, Office Buildings, Big Box Stores, Marinas, Restaurants, Plumbing Supply Stores, Car lots, Ambulance Companies, anywhere that I think I might find something that will be useful. Look at Hospitals as an example, what's probably going to get looted will be pain killers etc from the pharmacy, but sterile surgical packs, probably not, sutures, probably not, antibiotics, maybe not, tools from the maintenance dept, maybe not. Restaurants, yeah the food will be gone but decent cookware, probably not, sterno cans (buffet type places) maybe not. Convenience stores, again the food will be gone, duct tape, crazy glue, feminine hygiene stuff, lighter fluid, lighters...maybe not. Years ago when I worked at a car dealership there were tools upon tools upon tools in the service department.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Warehouses, Clinics, Hospitals, Convenience stores, Gas Stations, Radio Stations, Office Buildings, Big Box Stores, Marinas, Restaurants, Plumbing Supply Stores, Car lots, Ambulance Companies, anywhere that I think I might find something that will be useful.
    All will be burnt empty husks within 48 hours if "the Balloon does go up". In the absence of Law the People will destroy everything. Historically proven fact. Within the first 8 hours the panic stricken will strip the places of everything they think they might need and tons of stuff they do not even know what is or how to use it. In the remaining 40 hours the Scavengers of Society will be stripping the lifeless husks while the Dregs will be out causing pure and total mayhem and anarchy.

Look at Hospitals as an example, what's probably going to get looted will be pain killers etc from the pharmacy, but sterile surgical packs, probably not, sutures, probably not, antibiotics, maybe not, tools from the maintenance dept, maybe not. Restaurants, yeah the food will be gone but decent cookware, probably not, sterno cans (buffet type places) maybe not. Convenience stores, again the food will be gone, duct tape, crazy glue, feminine hygiene stuff, lighter fluid, lighters...maybe not. Years ago when I worked at a car dealership there were tools upon tools upon tools in the service department.
    Pipe Dreams...

This kinda stuff only is found in Video Games and poorly written Sci-Fi Novels...
    Reality is far, far uglier and brutal....

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    so who wants to talk about zombies? or zombie nuns? or zombie nuns with german accents? damn just scared myself

:D

jake

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All will be burnt empty husks within 48 hours if "the Balloon does go up". In the absence of Law the People will destroy everything. Historically proven fact. Within the first 8 hours the panic stricken will strip the places of everything they think they might need and tons of stuff they do not even know what is or how to use it. In the remaining 40 hours the Scavengers of Society will be stripping the lifeless husks while the Dregs will be out causing pure and total mayhem and anarchy.

Pipe Dreams...

This kinda stuff only is found in Video Games and poorly written Sci-Fi Novels...
    Reality is far, far uglier and brutal....

That's your opinion, and maybe you're right and that's what will happen, then again, maybe I'm right and there will be salvageable stuff at some of those locations. I'd love to die an old man in a bed without either of us ever finding out.....

:yesway:Thanks for helping out with the googling, Ted.
    I was hoping for an explanation from our OP. He seems to think he has a better perspective than the majority of posters and I'd like to hear it.

I saw no need to simply repeat something that somebody else had already posted. I never said I had a better perspective than anyone, but hey that was a cute cheap personal insult....does that make you feel better about yourself?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Zombie Nuns with German accents. I see a poorly written and badly produced Sci-Fi freak thriller for instant release to DVD. Do they go down with head shots or is some PM required???

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's your opinion, and maybe you're right and that's what will happen, then again, maybe I'm right and there will be salvageable stuff at some of those locations. I'd love to die an old man in a bed without either of us ever finding out.....
    Mine is not opinion, but based upon both Historical Facts and Direct Personal Observations as Countries I have been in have collapsed for various reasons. People will be looting buildings and carrying off crap they neither know how to use or where to sell/trade it for stuff they need. They will do this as both Sides of Rival Military Groups Contest the very freaking buildings they are stealing **** out of. I have been in several Countries as this happens, some as a simple observer, some as a Combatant, some as a cause of the collapse.

You are looking at Pipe Dreams, if you are thinking of finding useful Supplies after TEOTWAWKI. Hope you are not trying to operate in Central Indiana, North of Indy, then again I might be running the patrol that finds your bloated carcass and strips your kit... :popcorn:

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine is not opinion, but based upon both Historical Facts and Direct Personal Observations as Countries I have been in have collapsed for various reasons. People will be looting buildings and carrying off crap they neither know how to use or where to sell/trade it for stuff they need. They will do this as both Sides of Rival Military Groups Contest the very freaking buildings they are stealing **** out of. I have been in several Countries as this happens, some as a simple observer, some as a Combatant, some as a cause of the collapse.

You are looking at Pipe Dreams, if you are thinking of finding useful Supplies after TEOTWAWKI. Hope you are not trying to operate in Central Indiana, North of Indy, then again I might be running the patrol that finds your bloated carcass and strips your kit... :popcorn:

Ok super survival guy, I bow to your superior expertise and combat skills. I'm sure everything will go down exactly as you've said since God knows you could never be wrong. Have a great day secure in the knowledge that you are the be all and end all when it comes to anything survival and anyone who has a different thought that you is just a bug who's corpse you'll create or strip.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ok super survival guy, I bow to your superior expertise and combat skills. I'm sure everything will go down exactly as you've said since God knows you could never be wrong. Have a great day secure in the knowledge that you are the be all and end all when it comes to anything survival and anyone who has a different thought that you is just a bug who's corpse you'll create or strip.
    Have you ever seen a Society Collapse?!

I am far from being a the Super Survival guy, I do have over a Decade in Combat though I might be doing something right there. There have been a couple of us that have been there and seen what happens, try to discuss this with you. You automatically assume that we are ****ing idiots.

But hey WTF do I know, I am just a Dumb ****ing Mechanic after all..

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    You guys can rummage throught the buildings, I'm gona go driving around looking for the hostess truck full o twinkies.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have you ever seen a Society Collapse?!

I am far from being a the Super Survival guy, I do have over a Decade in Combat though I might be doing something right there. There have been a couple of us that have been there and seen what happens, try to discuss this with you. You automatically assume that we are ****ing idiots.

But hey WTF do I know, I am just a Dumb ****ing Mechanic after all..

And I'm sure that the way things went in Mogadishu, or Sarajevo, or Baghdad, or Kabull will be exactly how things happen in rural central USA right? NO chance that things might go differently, especially if it's not a war that trigger the collapse.
    Never called you a ****ing idiot, however I will say you're a cocky big mouth with your threats of stripping my corpse, or taking my gear after you kill me, sh*t like that isn't conducive to a civil discussion of possibilities, especially given that you know nothing of me nor of my background..... Take your chest pounding elsewhere please. BTW, from personal experience, those that talk the most sh*t about what a badass they are are normally the ones cowering in their foxhole with p*ss streaming down their legs when sh*t pops off. But, whatever man, I'm done trying to have a conversation with you, it's like arguing with a brick wall, doesn't accomplish anything and gives me a headache.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    And I'm sure that the way things went in Mogadishu, or Sarajevo, or Baghdad, or Kabull will be exactly how things happen in rural central USA right? NO chance that things might go differently, especially if it's not a war that trigger the collapse.
    Never called you a ****ing idiot, however I will say you're a cocky big mouth with your threats of stripping my corpse, or taking my gear after you kill me, sh*t like that isn't conducive to a civil discussion of possibilities, especially given that you know nothing of me nor of my background..... Take your chest pounding elsewhere please.
    Mog, Sarajevo, Baghdad, Kabul, and a Societal Collapse in the US will probably go about the same. The Odds of them being different are just not there based on Historical precedences. Just the way it is. With no one there to enforce the Law people go bat **** crazy and will steal and rob and break everything they can with absolutely no rhyme or reason to it.

You may not have called me and several others here directly out as ****ing idiots, but you have implied it several times.

As far as killing you or collecting your kit off your corpse. That is what will happen to those that attempt to do what you're contemplating. Also a Historical fact...

You act and talk like this is going to be a simple drive into town, grab what you need and drive back out. Apparently you are one badass mofo yourself...
    BTW, from personal experience, those that talk the most sh*t about what a badass they are are normally the ones cowering in their foxhole with p*ss streaming down their legs when sh*t pops off. But, whatever man, I'm done trying to have a conversation with you, it's like arguing with a brick wall, doesn't accomplish anything and gives me a headache.
    Your right, I **** down my leg every time someone scares me...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It's because they can read too. :):
    Someone new to the forum comes on with some self centered ideas, then trashes the regulars when they give opposing views.

Eh, I have no problem with that, everyone has a right to their opinions. What surprised me was that a discussion of looting as a strategy has been allowed to stay, I've seen this type of discussion get shot down quickly in the past as it is discussing illegal behaviors.

Top Bottom