• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    As I stated earlier in this thread, anyone who thinks they will not scavenge is fooling themselves, and is clearly not prepared mentally if they think they wouldnt do it because it is morally wrong. Im not talking about killing people and taking there stuff. That is obviously wrong, but there will be a time when you cross paths with something that you may need or will make your life better, and Im willing to bet is no one out there that wouldnt take it if they are in a EOTWAWKI situation.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    There is a big differance between looting/stealing and scavenging in my book. As the OP stated and I quote "if I need an truck, there is a dealership right down the road from my house and I can go in the cover of night". That's Looting rather than driving to your BOL passing by miles of abandoned vehicles and your mini van breaks down, you see a truck obviously abandoned with all the other vehicles that has the keys in it, you siphon out the gas from your van as well as other abandoned vehicles, fill up the Truck, transfer all of your gear to it, load your family up and head to you BOL. That is savaging to survive! The OP line of thinking is no different to me than if he saw that I had a garden and he didn't have enough food in his eyes so he waited until the cover of night and helped himself to my crops instead of doing the moral thing of attempting to make contact and working out some sort of trade of either goods or services in trade for some food and building a trusting relationship for future help. That's we're the morals come into play, trust will be a big factor of what I or anyone else will be willing to do or offer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom