• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Signature of the POTUS or their Designated Agent at most only means that the Executive Institution charged with Negotiating the Treatise have found the Terms of the Treaty to be Satisfactory to the Negotiating and Signing Parties, and does NOT constitute a Promise that the Country will either become a Party to the Treaty or even Honor the intent of the Treaty.
    Just to be clear, we are both talking about the same President, right? The one who consistently and persistently bemoans lack of cooperation from Congress and looks for ways to act without Congress's imprimatur. The one whose executive agencies have issued extra-legal commandments to border-state FFLs to collect data and make reports no law allows them to demand. The one that has stated it will not enforce the DOMA, because it doesn't want to. The one that wants to stop state action to clean up their voter rosters by purging ineligible voters when no such authority to meddle in their affairs exists.

That President, Attorney General, and Secretary of State?

Yeah. They'll never just begin enforcing the terms of a treaty that the Senate's never even brought up for a vote.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Just to be clear, we are both talking about the same President, right? The one who consistently and persistently bemoans lack of cooperation from Congress and looks for ways to act without Congress's imprimatur. The one whose executive agencies have issued extra-legal commandments to border-state FFLs to collect data and make reports no law allows them to demand. The one that has stated it will not enforce the DOMA, because it doesn't want to. The one that wants to stop state action to clean up their voter rosters by purging ineligible voters when no such authority to meddle in their affairs exists.

That President, Attorney General, and Secretary of State?

Yeah. They'll never just begin enforcing the terms of a treaty that the Senate's never even brought up for a vote.
    I have a pretty fair understanding of the level of Douche baggery that the POTUS and his crew are capable of. Hopefully the Persons who have been elected to serve as Our Safeguards will do their damn Jobs. The Legislative and the Judicial Branches are supposed to be the safeguards in this system that we are using...

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Right now, I need to remind myself not to read anything on youtube. It is flooded with anti gun comments. Any vids about this, we get tons and tons of anti guns sheeple who have no idea. I have this impulse to want to correct them, educate them, but it is hard to do that to people online. They don't want to listen. They believe if guns don't exist, the crime couldn't happen.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i read as much as i could. there were alot of pages.
    so if i say something someone else already said, my bad.
    I have been reading alot about how the lefties want us to change the constitution. remove the second and ban all guns.
    george carlin said it best, citizens are willing to trade their freedoms for the illusion of safety.
    guns kill. guns are gone.
    next knives, sharp objects, blunt objects, vehicles of everykind,pillows, beds, blankets, cheeseburgers, BACON, anything that taste good, eggs? yes no yes no.
    after that, since it was so easy to get rid of the second, how about the first, then the third, forth and so on. one paragraph. i am already scared for this country.
    so with all that in mind, i raise that the second ammendment be ammended. Now it shall say, All citizens of the united states, as long as they are physically and mentally able, must carry a firearm at all time while in public. all public places must allow citizens to carry firearms.
    now lets see if someone has the balls to run into a movie theater and shoot up the place.

i had a chat with my wife that i did not really think i should have had to have.
    if and when they out law guns, i am going to prison, or the grave. i will not give up my weapon/freedom. each of us will have to make this decision. when the law passes, and they start arresting people by the hundreds. the police come to your door and say give us the weapon. what do you do?
    i hope we all say we fight. we give the bullets first. if it happens, we must stand together, after guns are outlawed, we are all criminals.

now back to the subject. the dude is a sociopath, no i cant spell it better than that. I refuse to say his name, because i want to forget it. he wanted attention. he got it.
    Ironically through the worm hole this week was about evil people. its ironic i hope that a neuro biologist was on the show talking about sociopaths and how he found out that he himself was one. hind sight tells us everthing about this guy.
    he chose a theater with a no guns policy.
    he wore body armor.
    he gave up very quickly to police.
    he wanted to hurt people, he wanted the attention that followed, and most important, he wanted to be alive to enjoy it. Sociopath.
    what do we do about it. nothing.
    anybody can be a sociopath. you could be and not know it.
    what we can do is be armed at all times. just in case.

i bought a weapon light for my pistol about a week ago. i listened to what you guys said, it is wise to have a light for when things go bump in the night. i got it for my night stand weapon, i had no intention of carring it that way. not anymore. i am buying a holster that has room for the light, and i will carry it that way from now on.

sorry for the long rant.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i read as much as i could. there were alot of pages.
    so if i say something someone else already said, my bad.
    I have been reading alot about how the lefties want us to change the constitution. remove the second and ban all guns.
    george carlin said it best, citizens are willing to trade their freedoms for the illusion of safety.
    guns kill. guns are gone.
    next knives, sharp objects, blunt objects, vehicles of everykind,pillows, beds, blankets, cheeseburgers, BACON, anything that taste good, eggs? yes no yes no.
    after that, since it was so easy to get rid of the second, how about the first, then the third, forth and so on. one paragraph. i am already scared for this country.
    so with all that in mind, i raise that the second ammendment be ammended. Now it shall say, All citizens of the united states, as long as they are physically and mentally able, must carry a firearm at all time while in public. all public places must allow citizens to carry firearms.
    now lets see if someone has the balls to run into a movie theater and shoot up the place.

i had a chat with my wife that i did not really think i should have had to have.
    if and when they out law guns, i am going to prison, or the grave. i will not give up my weapon/freedom. each of us will have to make this decision. when the law passes, and they start arresting people by the hundreds. the police come to your door and say give us the weapon. what do you do?
    i hope we all say we fight. we give the bullets first. if it happens, we must stand together, after guns are outlawed, we are all criminals.

now back to the subject. the dude is a sociopath, no i cant spell it better than that. I refuse to say his name, because i want to forget it. he wanted attention. he got it.
    Ironically through the worm hole this week was about evil people. its ironic i hope that a neuro biologist was on the show talking about sociopaths and how he found out that he himself was one. hind sight tells us everthing about this guy.
    he chose a theater with a no guns policy.
    he wore body armor.
    he gave up very quickly to police.
    he wanted to hurt people, he wanted the attention that followed, and most important, he wanted to be alive to enjoy it. Sociopath.
    what do we do about it. nothing.
    anybody can be a sociopath. you could be and not know it.
    what we can do is be armed at all times. just in case.

i bought a weapon light for my pistol about a week ago. i listened to what you guys said, it is wise to have a light for when things go bump in the night. i got it for my night stand weapon, i had no intention of carring it that way. not anymore. i am buying a holster that has room for the light, and i will carry it that way from now on.

sorry for the long rant.
    You do realize 5hat 2A has nothing to do about guns right? It was added to ensure that the people could overthrow via violence the government our founding fathers were creating if it ever got as corrupt as the government they had (ie. King of england)

At the time arms (firearms) was the best weapon around. Not it says arms not firearms, no rifles, no pistols. IIfour founding fathers had laser blasters, then those would be included.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I think the person some people saw opening the door was Holmes himself. While leaving, he slapped something over the latch to prevent it from closing all the way. He went to his car, drove it around to the back, geared up, and went back in through the emergency exit he'd jimmied on exit. Tossed his grenades and went about his dastardly work.

Not to fuel the conspiracy theory but the witness said the guy got a phone call right before he got up and went to the exit. If it was holmes, then who did he get a call from?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Not to fuel the conspiracy theory but the witness said the guy got a phone call right before he got up and went to the exit. If it was holmes, then who did he get a call from?

Who knows? Maybe it was friend, maybe it was nobody, maybe it was his gay lover... :dunno:

Those raising conspiracy theories bring up interesting points and the timing is suspect. However, some people are justing effing nuts and not every bad thing that happens is the work of the Feds or NWO. I'd need a lot more evidence before I'd consider that this was a false flag.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Who knows? Maybe it was friend, maybe it was nobody, maybe it was his gay lover... :dunno:

Those raising conspiracy theories bring up interesting points and the timing is suspect. However, some people are justing effing nuts and not every bad thing that happens is the work of the Feds or NWO. I'd need a lot more evidence before I'd consider that this was a false flag.

It's more or less that an act like this was being discussed as necessary just a few weeks ago by those seeking to push this treaty. It's nearly impossible to dig up now due to any search terms being used only resulting in the colorado case.

I just wonder if people realize conspiracy is an awfully strong word for a department of the government pushing someone to do this?

Words like that have attached themselves to some rather insane things by way of social stigma, and result in a pretty efficient means of shooting down any debate simply by crying them.
    Regardless what anyone thinks about it, I think it's most important to remember that why it happened doesn't change how it will be exploited, and that exploiting it is just as bad as making it happen.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

While they are interesting points my thoughts are more of who is the accomplice if it wasn't Holmes and if it was I am curious as to the timing of the phone call. Could be he got a phone call from a buddy just coincidentally before he decided to shoot up the joint.

While I am not surprised he surrendered without a fight (he probably didn't want to die). I am somewhat curious as to why he told the cops about his rigged apartment. What was the point of making all those bombs and traps only to let them know about it?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's a PhD student. Maybe he just wanted a different way to prove to the world how smart he is. "Here, Aurora PD, see how smart I am to boody trap my apartment with all its possible evidence so well. Make sure the media documents it."

This whole monstrosity of a person reminds me up and down of the fictional Hannibal Lecter. Genius. Into the intricacies of the human mind, and totally insane, while wearing the mask of sanity. Holmes just didn't have the same... tastes... as Lecter.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    On the news some reporter mentioned about the shooter having 6000 rounds of ammo, he said ammo is expensive that amount of ammo could have easily cost $6000 or even $10,000. Sure am glad ammo does not cost that much yet

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On the news some reporter mentioned about the shooter having 6000 rounds of ammo, he said ammo is expensive that amount of ammo could have easily cost $6000 or even $10,000. Sure am glad ammo does not cost that much yet
    He must be getting some pretty high end stuff :draw:

Top Bottom