• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AR-15, Remmy 870, Glock handgun.

There's been some concern in our circles that this maniac's choice of armaments is so common that prolly most of us own our own copies of them, and so we might be smeared with his blowback for such ownership, but a thought has occurred to me. (Shutup. It happens from time to time.)

Between the AR-15, Remington 870, and Glock handguns, I dare say that there isn't any hour of any day anywhere in America that at least one of those firearms is not in the hands of at least one on-duty police officer.

His armaments would not look out of place in any police cruiser or PD arsenal anywhere in America. Smear us? Smear the police for using the same weapons as a mass murderer.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That wouldn't happen. Police officers need those weapons to protect us! That's why they have more privileges than us.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    How does gold work as round casing? I would think it would be too ductile. Certainly wouldn't mar the inside of the chamber, though. :D

Gold itself would not hold up. Make an alloy though and you'd have one expensive a$$ casing. You could also electroplate a nickel casing with gold. It holds up pretty well in electrical contacts that way. You'd also have to line the gun's parts with a suitably soft material and deburr as well since any sharp steel surface would scrape it off.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    You do realize 5hat 2A has nothing to do about guns right? It was added to ensure that the people could overthrow via violence the government our founding fathers were creating if it ever got as corrupt as the government they had (ie. King of england)

At the time arms (firearms) was the best weapon around. Not it says arms not firearms, no rifles, no pistols. IIfour founding fathers had laser blasters, then those would be included.
    i do realize, that is why i said thats what the lefties are screaming.
    i just want more stuff added to it, not replace what is already there.

then does that mean we can all have missles and bombs.
    that would be cool.
    i want to rabbit hunt with a howitzer. lol

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not to fuel the conspiracy theory but the witness said the guy got a phone call right before he got up and went to the exit. If it was holmes, then who did he get a call from?

I know I check my time on my phone frequently. Maybe he did just that. His mother also stated, "You have the right guy." Maybe before he did it, he called his mom to tell her either goodbye or what he was about to do.

While they are interesting points my thoughts are more of who is the accomplice if it wasn't Holmes and if it was I am curious as to the timing of the phone call. Could be he got a phone call from a buddy just coincidentally before he decided to shoot up the joint.

While I am not surprised he surrendered without a fight (he probably didn't want to die). I am somewhat curious as to why he told the cops about his rigged apartment. What was the point of making all those bombs and traps only to let them know about it?

He didn't say there were booby traps, just explosives. Maybe he felt they would think grenades, C4, tannerite, and not the place was wired to go.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Yet no word of complaint about AG Holder shipping guns to the drug cartels in Mexico? Yeah, he has a lot of credibility.:rolleyes:

I'll take him a lot more seriously, when he does something about the rabid Cartels and Gangs that run most of the Country... :popcorn:

Doesn't his own garden need tending?

You know how it is, 10% never get the word. He's still operating under the old "Mostly American Guns are Killing Mexicans" story that he and Hillary (and BHO) concocted among themselves.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    i do realize, that is why i said thats what the lefties are screaming.
    i just want more stuff added to it, not replace what is already there.

then does that mean we can all have missles and bombs.
    that would be cool.
    i want to rabbit hunt with a howitzer. lol

We don't need a single thing added to the 2nd Amendment. What we need is for all branches of the federal government to heed it instead of trying to get around it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You know how it is, 10% never get the word. He's still operating under the old "Mostly American Guns are Killing Mexicans" story that he and Hillary (and BHO) concocted among themselves.

Don't even pretend you're ignorant enough to think that it is only Dems allowing government gun walking. If you truly believe that they are, either you need to do more research or just never vote again and stop paying attention to headlines in the news. Not specifically you but EVERYONE...if you think politicians are less corrupt because they've got an R by their name...just stop voting.

Yep, Fast and Furious was bigger but the same thing was happening under Bush. It was Operation Wide Receiver. The whole D v. R and being blindly loyal/ignorant isn't helping anyone.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    At least there is some good coming from this tragedy.

imgurians - Imgur

I have a very hard time believing this. I didn't hear of anyone on life support from the shootings that was removed to allow death. The bodies of the victims were left in the theater probably too long to allow a viable tissue transplant. When I checked the person who posted this, they had been a member of Imgur for 3 hours.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Don't even pretend you're ignorant enough to think that it is only Dems allowing government gun walking. If you truly believe that they are, either you need to do more research or just never vote again and stop paying attention to headlines in the news. Not specifically you but EVERYONE...if you think politicians are less corrupt because they've got an R by their name...just stop voting.

Yep, Fast and Furious was bigger but the same thing was happening under Bush. It was Operation Wide Receiver. The whole D v. R and being blindly loyal/ignorant isn't helping anyone.

No, Bush's gun runners had tracking devices installed. This isn't about gun running though.

The call the killer received was a ruse, an excuse for him to go out the predetermined exit, and gear up for homicidal madness.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No, Bush's gun runners had tracking devices installed. This isn't about gun running though.

The call the killer received was a ruse, an excuse for him to go out the predetermined exit, and gear up for homicidal madness.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the call he got. I was replying to a post about gun running and BS along with that. So yes, it was about the gun running. Yes, Bush's gun runners had tracking devices. It was still government gun running with some guns making it into the hands of cartels in Mexico (it wasn't more than a couple dozen but the operation was much smaller scale).

About the phone call...he could have gotten one or he could have easily planned a computerized phone call at a certain time so he'd be able to get up to answer it without seeming rude. There are websites that will spam phones with calls at specific times...use them every time people prank my cell phone more than a couple calls or texts.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I absolutly hate it for all those injured and those that passed. This is something no matter what you could have done could have been prevented. I hate how the media is putting the big " we need more gun control" to stop this from happining out there in the main stream. Things like this can not be planned or accounted for. Now its responsible gun owners like us on this forum that have to bear the consequences. I keep hearing "assault rifle" and the fact that he bought alot of ammo over the internet on the news. Which makes me mad because what distinguishes an " assault rifle, heck I have AR's and I buy ammo over the net. I mean is it because it was used in an "assault" if thats the case when are they going to ban baseball bats and tire irons, those have been used in plenty of "assaults". It just sickens me that those people were killed or hurt, but more laws are NOT going to keep people from falling off the deep end and going insane, because thats what would have to cause something like this. You would have to be insane to do something like this to other human beings. This is why I carry everywere I go, this type of thing can happen anywere or anytime. I bet even though he had on body armour if some of the theater goers would have been licensed carriers it could have ended differently. Even if it saved just one more person, thats reason enough right there.

An on a side note that sorry excuse for the male gender that left his girlfriend and kids in that theater while he bolted, so help me god Id like to kick the crack out of his ass! What kind of a man does that. He should have been the one tradped in there while he got his family out. There are not words in the english languge that can express how much that infuriates me.

I dont know if my thoughts are shared or not but I just had to say something about the situation, thanks for listening to my little rant :D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

You know better than that. Operation Wide Receiver was terminated after the bad guys got wise to the RFID tracking and it was never used as an excuse for more gun control. You're generalizing from a specific, and you're wrong in making the particular conclusion you're making. Not only that, you're making wrong conclusions about my attitudes toward government in general and the Republican Party in particular because you don't agree with the way I intend to vote for President.

I think you probably need to back off and chill out, Sepe; you're starting to sound hysterical.

Top Bottom