• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Don't even pretend you're ignorant enough to think that it is only Dems allowing government gun walking. If you truly believe that they are, either you need to do more research or just never vote again and stop paying attention to headlines in the news. Not specifically you but EVERYONE...if you think politicians are less corrupt because they've got an R by their name...just stop voting.

Yep, Fast and Furious was bigger but the same thing was happening under Bush. It was Operation Wide Receiver. The whole D v. R and being blindly loyal/ignorant isn't helping anyone.

Now there is a load of crap. Wide Receiver as has already been pointed out attempted to trace weapons with tracking devices. Other very important differences include that we were working with the Mexican government. Holder's operation did not inform them. There were actual arrests in Wide Receiver, none in Holder's operation. Wide Receiver allowed a few hundred to walk, Holder allowed a few thousand. Wide Receiver had the purpose of trying to track the guns to traffickers so that arrests could be made. Holder's purpose was for the guns to show up at murder scenes to show the need to strip gun rights from Americans. And of course that brings us to another big difference, the body count. So Bush did it first... yeah right.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    & lets not forget it was an R (regan) that banned machine guns back in 86!

Yeah he signed. But the law was created in a democrat controlled congress. Remember that the progressives had controlled everything to include the news media and the universities. How many conservatives can make out of the big universities these days? How many future CEOs are coming out of Harvard and Yale totally brainwashed into progressivism?

Yet you put ALL the blame on conservatives and none on the progressives.

How fast do you think Washington DC press corps would eat most libertarians alive? How many libertarians are even managing to graduate from a big university (Purdue, IU, UCLA, Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Georgetown)? If they can not get a college degree then they will never gain power. Thus the left is making sure that the masses are being kept stupid as it is easier to rule them.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    More fuel for conspiracy theorists and less real information for the rest of us...

Colorado evidently isn't Florida, where such case information is apparently public record. I've heard folks "marvel" at why such information is allowed to be aired before trial. This is the exact opposite side of that coin.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Colorado evidently isn't Florida, where such case information is apparently public record. I've heard folks "marvel" at why such information is allowed to be aired before trial. This is the exact opposite side of that coin.

You know. I'll agree that it could definitely be a good thing. It'll starve the media from being able to twist the latest fact finding into bullsh**.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You know better than that. Operation Wide Receiver was terminated after the bad guys got wise to the RFID tracking and it was never used as an excuse for more gun control. You're generalizing from a specific, and you're wrong in making the particular conclusion you're making. Not only that, you're making wrong conclusions about my attitudes toward government in general and the Republican Party in particular because you don't agree with the way I intend to vote for President.

I think you probably need to back off and chill out, Sepe; you're starting to sound hysterical.

No sir, if you read what I posted I said not specifically you. There are far too many people that see the R or D and automatically think the guy with the letter they prefer is better than the opponent. People like to pretend only the opposition is corrupt and scandalous. You're correct, though, Operation Wide Receiver was terminated after they realized it was a failure. That doesn't negate the fact that it was still going on and the people that prefer the R next to a name ignore that it did occur. If people want to criticize Dems for doing it, make sure the Republicans aren't doing or trying to do the same sort of thing. I guess if expecting more from elected officials and government agencies is being hysterical, sign me up.

Now there is a load of crap. Wide Receiver as has already been pointed out attempted to trace weapons with tracking devices. Other very important differences include that we were working with the Mexican government. Holder's operation did not inform them. There were actual arrests in Wide Receiver, none in Holder's operation. Wide Receiver allowed a few hundred to walk, Holder allowed a few thousand. Wide Receiver had the purpose of trying to track the guns to traffickers so that arrests could be made. Holder's purpose was for the guns to show up at murder scenes to show the need to strip gun rights from Americans. And of course that brings us to another big difference, the body count. So Bush did it first... yeah right.

I understand the point of Operation Wide Receiver. I know about the handful of arrests. I know about the sentences received. The facts of the operation do not change the fact that a failed tracking operation allowed guns to be lost across the border. It doesn't make it anymore okay for Bush's regime than it does Obama's. Once again, if expecting more from elected officials and government agencies makes me wrong or an idiot...I'm perfectly fine with that.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't even pretend you're ignorant enough to think that it is only Dems allowing government gun walking. If you truly believe that they are, either you need to do more research or just never vote again and stop paying attention to headlines in the news. Not specifically you but EVERYONE...if you think politicians are less corrupt because they've got an R by their name...just stop voting.

Yep, Fast and Furious was bigger but the same thing was happening under Bush. It was Operation Wide Receiver. The whole D v. R and being blindly loyal/ignorant isn't helping anyone.

If you didn't mean to accuse me specifically, Sepe, of being ignorant, you should have made that plain before you went on to your next accusation. Your all inclusive EVERYBODY looks like a throwaway disclaimer to me, and that's the way I took it.

And you're still wrong.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Would you rather not have the other parts of the FOPA?

That was the choice. Sign it and be hated, or veto it and be hated.

You can thank Charlie Rangel for that.

Yes I would rather he veto the whole thing. I was a little lad running around in my underwear when he changed history for us.

Back to Zimmerman anyone?

He already was on fox and said he was sorry (i think) and was praying for the family of the dead man. Next case please.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If you didn't mean to accuse me specifically, Sepe, of being ignorant, you should have made that plain before you went on to your next accusation. Your all inclusive EVERYBODY looks like a throwaway disclaimer to me, and that's the way I took it.

And you're still wrong.

Not overly concerned with how you took it. If you couldn't comprehend the bold, italicized, and underlined part, that isn't on me.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I can't believe nobody in that theater was carrying. I wonder how things could have turned out, if somebody shot back at that ass hole Holmes.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I've heard a lot of talk about new gun control, but I never once heard or read that you can't carry in Aurora, CO. Well, I guess that mades sense why that freak, Holmes probably knew he was in the hen house, unchallenged.

But... But... You can't carry a gun in Aurora CO.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Aurora, Colo.,shooting spree: A day of tears for victims and twists in case - The Washington Post

They're now reporting his "assault rifle" malfunctioned. One must assume they're talking about the AR15. They speculate that if it hadn't failed there might have been more casualties.

Since he is also reported to have been equipped with a 100 round drum for the AR, I now wonder if it was one of those Korean knock-offs of the Beta C. I've tested those things and I've yet to find one that worked properly.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Aurora, Colo.,shooting spree: A day of tears for victims and twists in case - The Washington Post

They're now reporting his "assault rifle" malfunctioned. One must assume they're talking about the AR15. They speculate that if it hadn't failed there might have been more casualties.

Since he is also reported to have been equipped with a 100 round drum for the AR, I now wonder if it was one of those Korean knock-offs of the Beta C. I've tested those things and I've yet to find one that worked properly.

Everyone knows 100 round mags malfunction, and reportedly so did his after about 30 rounds. But the photos of the AR15 on the ground show a STANAG mag inserted, so apparently the 100 round drum did NOTHING for him. He reloaded. He could have reloaded 10 ten round mags just as easily, and without the extra weight of the 70 unused rounds in the drum.

Top Bottom