You Are Walking Through The Woods Tomorrow and...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Thank Gawd Almighty!

A horse you can lead to water and then he has sense enough to drink.

How did you get that drink? Do you have a cup in your pocket when you go squirrel hunting?

I'll stick my face in the water and have at it!:D then I'll fill my water bottle up and head to the truck...anyone who leaves home for a hike in the woods on a hot summer day without a water bottle is a dufus. of course I'd do all of this after I re-seal the bucket I looked in. or I'll just use my soup bowl!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    This is Jacks version of Zork. LOL

I was expecting to see that you discovered a cave at your place. I still don't know WTF this is about.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    This is Jacks version of Zork. LOL

I was expecting to see that you discovered a cave at your place. I still don't know WTF this is about.

Rep incoming for the Zork realization.

@RelicHound, you never put your face in the water, you cup your hand and bring the water up to you so you can be aware of your surroundings, don't you know your biblical military history??? ;)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

@RelicHound, you never put your face in the water, you cup your hand and bring the water up to you so you can be aware of your surroundings, don't you know your biblical military history??? ;)

EWWW! I dont know where my hands have been!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'll stick my face in the water and have at it!:D then I'll fill my water bottle up and head to the truck...anyone who leaves home for a hike in the woods on a hot summer day without a water bottle is a dufus. of course I'd do all of this after I re-seal the bucket I looked in. or I'll just use my soup bowl!

That's not bad but you threw the bottle away when you emptied it an hour from the truck nearly a day ago. Back when you were fresh and naive in the ways of the woods and still smelled of Irish Spring and fabric softner. You'd be dead long before you got back to the truck in your current condition of killer bees or possible as absurd as it sounds, shooting your own eye out.

You have nothing but what you carried the day before and not all of that any more. You empty your pockets on to a flat dry and safe surface. You look at your surroundings. You begin to compose three lists.

What do I need.

What do I have.

What have I seen that I should take a better look at.

You feel sick as you find some morons pants in the stream bed where you were licking damp rocks for moisture.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

You feel sick as you sip at the muddy water from the wet rocks where you see some one has dropped their pants thinking the world is their restroom.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I will remove a bottle of Gold Peak tea from the bucket and find a comfortable place to sit and watch Relichound lick rocks.

You notice this bottle is still sealed from the factory. It is probably safe to drink, cool and refreshing. You are some what refreshed. The bottle is clear and has a screw top. You replace the empty bottle where you found it with the others.

The owner of the cache will be peezed but semi-understanding given the circumstances and given you continue to choose wisely. You notice a sharp rock jabbing your arze and shift grumpily.

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You are some what refreshed. The owner of the cache will be peezed but semi-understanding given the circumstances and given you continue to choose wisely. You notice a sharp rock jabbing your arze and shift grumpily.

I'll move around and try to get a better look at what is poking my bottom.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'll move around and try to get a better look at what is poking my bottom.

It's a stone, gray, smooth in spots and jagged on edges like broken glass, may be the size of a 35mm film canister.

You hear something. Sounded like one far off shot or fire cracker, may be a large stick popping closer if something heavy broke it. Probably not but it's hard to tell when it happes just once and you aren't listening for it. May have been a squirrel dropping an acorn right behind you from a tall tree, I don't know.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It's a stone, gray, smooth in spots and jagged on edges like broken glass, may be the size of a 35mm film canister.

You hear something. Sounded like one far off shot or fire cracker, may be a large stick popping closer if something heavy broke it. Probably not but it's hard to tell when it happes just once and you aren't listening for it. May have been a squirrel dropping an acorn right behind you from a tall tree, I don't know.

I'll listen for a bit while I look at the rock. I'll open my mouth and keep still so as to hear better.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Stepping over a down tree, you see the lid of a white 5 gallon bucket laying in bottom of the barely flowing spring.

What do you do now?

Mark the grid.
    Call up my UXO Report.
    Determine if the Bucket is a possible hazard to mission.
    Do I need EOD or do I blow it in place... :dunno:

Top Bottom