You Are Walking Through The Woods Tomorrow and...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It is getting hotter, and drier, as the rather dull human sits in the sun sweating feeling so satisfied at his figuring out something a little out of the ordinary yet completely useless to him. He is destroying something useless to him yet required by some one else he doesn't even know as he becomes dehydrated, dizzy, and even more dull than usual after failing to recognise the ordinary yet extremely useful.

Should the actual user and obviously skilled person who created this cache return, what value would he see in assisting this pitiful, dull, and destructive creature?:dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I am putting the lid back on the bucket with the contents undisturbed and sipping my cold soup.

You notice an unsually sharp and painful rock as you sit to sip your cold soup. It is dark in color and has several sharp edges. The soup is very salty.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I imagine a native hunter sitting by the same spring a thousand years earlier. Sipping salty soup and wondering where the obsidian arrowhead had been torn out of the great deers chest as it crashed through a brair thicket and died at the edge of the cool clear water.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I imagine a native hunter sitting by the same spring a thousand years earlier. Sipping salty soup and wondering where the obsidian arrowhead had been torn out of the great deers chest as it crashed through a brair thicket and died at the edge of the cool clear water.

As you ponder away the afternoon day dreaming your squirrels rot in the hot sun. Day light fades, your pants are wet, your shirt is damp and crusty feeling, a light breeze makes you shiver in your delirium. Your soup is long gone now and you are hungry, tired, far from home, black top, or even the dead end gravel road where you parked before day light. Your feet hurt, your butt hurts from sitting on rocks all day, you are wet and thirsty at the same time.

At least in your imagination the native hunter was one with woods. As it was not the woods to him but home, he knew it and and walked through it the way we walk from the couch to the refrigerator and he knew what he was seeing and their uses. He noticed every thing both in it's place and out and looked for what use they may serve him.

He is not wet, cold, starving, and thirsty with rotting stinking meat in his pocket. In your imagination the ticks and fleas are not abandoning carrion to take up house on their new host.

You remind me of a horse I once heard of.

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    How come no one is drinking from the spring? everyone is just sitting there gettin all hot and discombobulated:dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How come no one is drinking from the spring? everyone is just sitting there gettin all hot and discombobulated:dunno:

Thank Gawd Almighty!

A horse you can lead to water and then he has sense enough to drink.

How did you get that drink? Do you have a cup in your pocket when you go squirrel hunting?

As you lean your rifle against a near by tree you expirience a Negligent Disharge and a fresh squirrel falls dead to the ground nearby. I'd rather be lucky than good any day but a little of both will go a long way.

Top Bottom