You Are Walking Through The Woods Tomorrow and...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    You are out squirrel hunting tomorrow. It's hot like today. Dry like it's been for a week. Squirrel hunting is really over for the day, it's about 9am so yer just sort of taking a look around.

Walking up a dry creek bed you notice it's damp and a little ravine coming in to it here. The steep hill side is may be 50 yards through the brush. Half way to the hill side there's water. It's COLD. Another ten yards closer to the hill the water is tumbling over rocks down hill. Now you can see the spring coming out of the hillside.

Stepping over a down tree, you see the lid of a white 5 gallon bucket laying in bottom of the barely flowing spring.

What do you do now?

Leave it be..walk back to the truck and go home! its to damn hot to be messin around with a bucket lid in some random stream in the woods.:dunno:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    wardisasterthread.jpg

Oh, and I wouldn't have opened the lid. This looks like a booby trap I once made as an experiment and if there IS something inside... it doesn't belong to me.

I'd probably record the coords and give it to DNR to check out, just in case it's something someone would like to have back.

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Oh, and I wouldn't have opened the lid. This looks like a booby trap I once made as an experiment and if there IS something inside... it doesn't belong to me.

I'd probably record the coords and give it to DNR to check out, just in case it's something someone would like to have back.

That is what I was thinking; some sort of carbide bomb that would go off when the lid was removed and water rushed in.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    You are out squirrel hunting tomorrow. It's hot like today. Dry like it's been for a week. Squirrel hunting is really over for the day, it's about 9am so yer just sort of taking a look around.

Walking up a dry creek bed you notice it's damp and a little ravine coming in to it here. The steep hill side is may be 50 yards through the brush. Half way to the hill side there's water. It's COLD. Another ten yards closer to the hill the water is tumbling over rocks down hill. Now you can see the spring coming out of the hillside.

Stepping over a down tree, you see the lid of a white 5 gallon bucket laying in bottom of the barely flowing spring.

What do you do now?
    Nothing.
    I play in crap filled water holes for a living. It's my day off and my boots aren't getting wet today.
    I gather my shotgun, go home and drink beer.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Is it maybe a giant crawfish trap? I've never seen one made out of a five gallon bucket, but Jack keeps saying "No Soup for You!" like the soup Nazi and what else would you make soup out of in a mostly dry creek bed?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Is it maybe a giant crawfish trap? I've never seen one made out of a five gallon bucket, but Jack keeps saying "No Soup for You!" like the soup Nazi and what else would you make soup out of in a mostly dry creek bed?

bananas?:dunno:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    wardisasterthread.jpg

No soup FOR YOU, but on your walk back to the truck you found a piece of lint covered candy corn in your watch pocket.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Nothing.
    I play in crap filled water holes for a living. It's my day off and my boots aren't getting wet today.
    I gather my shotgun, go home and drink beer.

No soup FOR YOU but you find a squishy Reese's pieces in your boot when changing them at the truck.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

The creatures curiosity drives him to look at his surroundings. He see's all that is common to this enviroment known as southern Indiana. He realises sometimes S may HTF with the simplest of decisions. Life or death may hinge on something as simple as a manicure when every creature scratches at the earth for life with nothing but what he may carry and his own wit.

It appears there may be more inside the bucket than he first noticed.

He kneels on a flat dry rock and pears inside the bucket, the lid lieing safely to the side. Inside he sees a green plastic capped Mt Dew bottle, two Gold peak tea bottles capped and an Evian spring water bottle capped. Curios he removes them. All have the factory seal still intact except the Mt Dew bottle. It has been opened and resealed.

There are two small vials, ten syringes, and a rock inside a zip lock bag on the bottom of the bucket.

He looks around him, suspicious and sees no one. He moves up the bank to sit with his back to the shady side of a tree to contemplate what he has found.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    what kind of rock? Do the vials have labels?

He removes that bag as well and opens it. The rock appears to be ordinary stream bed stone, smooth, round, the size of a tennis ball. He lays it on the lid to keep it dry. He examines the vials. They are in a smaller bag of their own inside the larger one, one says Humilog the other Lantus. The syringes are also in their own bag inside the larger on. It appears some one sucked the air out of the bag deliberately prior to sealing them all. The stone forced it to the bottom of the bucket despite the remaining air inside the bags.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    He removes that bag as well and opens it. The rock appears to be ordinary stream bed stone, smooth, round, the size of a tennis ball. He lays it on the lid to keep it dry. He examines the vials. They are in a smaller bag of their own inside the larger one, one says Humilog the other Lantus. The syringes are also in their own bag inside the larger on. It appears some one sucked the air out of the bag deliberately prior to sealing them all. The stone forced it to the bottom of the bucket despite the remaining air inside the bags.

Hmmm... sounds like a diabetic is trying to keep his SHTF stockpile of insulin cool by natural methods...

Top Bottom