Would have drawn my weapon: Pan handler/drunk beggar/?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'm not shocked. I'm not even surprised. In fact, I actually suspected you were only posting in the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" section to troll.

Troll ??? Interesting opinion but its not correct, I am more of a lerker... Sorry to inform you but others are entitled to their own opinion also.
    Lots of folks don't carry a firearm on a daily basis.. I did for most of my adult working years, when not working in my 56 years on earth I have never and I repeat never been / had a problem that a sidearm would be of use to me.
    Now here's my opinion of you Sir, Maybe you should stop the name calling and get out of your momma basement and spend less time posting on the internet and get out in the big bad world and have some interaction between yourself and other people. You might find its not so scary.. Good Luck

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yep. It's just a guy asking for a smoke (or spare change, or whatever) . . . until it's not.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...is-man-robbed-gunpoint-while-pumping-gas.html

Always difficult to assess situations like this from afar. Lots of intangibles and subjective little bits one's spidey sense picks up on during the situation that often don't translate very well.

I'll take this opportunity to again plug some kind of training in managing unknown contacts, like what Paladin Combatives offers. Very applicable to situations like this.

From the article - "The victim, a man in his 40’s, told police he was at a pump closer to the building when a guy came up “asking for a cigarette.”

Squirrel, anymore insightful comments?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Troll ??? Interesting opinion but its not correct, I am more of a lerker... Sorry to inform you but others are entitled to their own opinion also.
    Lots of folks don't carry a firearm on a daily basis.. I did for most of my adult working years, when not working in my 56 years on earth I have never and I repeat never been / had a problem that a sidearm would be of use to me.
    Now here's my opinion of you Sir, Maybe you should stop the name calling and get out of your momma basement and spend less time posting on the internet and get out in the big bad world and have some interaction between yourself and other people. You might find its not so scary.. Good Luck

Exactly what a troll would say.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This is why I buy my beer at Sam's club. The only person I have to be wary of is the old Retired vet checking my receipt at the door. Well, that and the fact that it's cheaper.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This is why I buy my beer at Sam's club. The only person I have to be wary of is the old Retired vet checking my receipt at the door. Well, that and the fact that it's cheaper.

This is where the thread takes an uglier turn toward you a) putting small business owners into bankruptcy. b) supporting corporate conglomerates that create a welfare class. c) and accusations you kicked someone's dog after you've had a few too many.

;)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

You know, I see this and think.... I've been in every major city in this country. I've literally been in every state in the Union. I've been out of the country. I've seen a lot.... and I couldn't disagree more. Not that one needs to be "scared" per se, but one needs to be aware of their surroundings and have good SA. There's a lot of good in this world/country, but there's a lot of ****ed up, messed up and crazy.

I'd love to be able to look at the world through those rose colored glasses,but I can't. I have to look at it with reality in mind.I'll always take steps to protect myself and my family over anything else.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    As someone who has only been carrying for a couple years threads like this are why I enjoy INGO. I like hearing about how others handle situations such as these. I don't see anything wrong or paranoid with what the OP did. He didn't draw his weapon but was preparing for the worst from someone that was already acting in a manner that was aggressive. The OP didn't have anything to loose by being prepared for the situation to escalate whereas if he wasn't prepared and it escalated he would have been in a bad position.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    What do the police protect you from ? Panhandlers asking for 40 cents ? You must call often to feel the need to have them on speed dial.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What do the police protect you from ? You must call often to feel the need to have them on speed dial.

Some of them are my friends and I just call to chat occasionally.

You didn't answer my question, what do you have to protect your son from?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are 56?........ how old is your son?

I have the police on speed dial, they will take care of me.

When seconds matter LEO is usually minutes away.
    That is no knock on LEO. It is a fact. They have a lot of ground to cover.

I do not want to mix it up today with 17 or anyone else with that mindset. There was a time in my life I was not scared. Would go anywhere with anyone for any reason with the surety of mind I was coming home unscathed for the most part. Those times are long gone. The general mindset of those who look upon the masses as sheep to be fleeced has changed significantly. Thugs villeins and thieves are no longer scared of "Catching" a case or so it seems. They shoot people for a pack of cigarettes and a few dollars. They execute people for a quarter pound of weed. A front door is not a barrier but a gate way to take your stuff. The value we place on life is not the standard they live with.
    This is not a knock on any one culture but is becoming the norm across the board.
    I am watching everyone when I am at the pump. I have little fear in the grocery store but have had incidents in the local Meijers. Groups of teens roaming and looking. Blocking aisle's and intimidating normal folks. At the pump I am exposed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom