• Total voters

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    High Standard

High Standard doesn't deserve to be in such bad company. They are some of the best .22 target pistols ever made.
    Yeah, Where did you come up with this idea. High Standard has always lived up to their name as far as I am concernd. I have a Sport King that I personaly have put over 50,000 rounds through and it was my Dad's gun. It's a little ammo sensitive these days but still kills alot of cans and will punch paper when it has to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know Taurus had some issues in the past. I have a 24/7 Tactical in .45 ACP and it is flawless. Got it in a series of trades so not a lot invested. Came with 5 mags. We did a torture test with it, Loaded up all mags and I started dumping them. The boys loaded them again as fast as possible. Ran 200 rds. Through it as fast as they were available. Not one failure of any kind and the gun was freaking hot as hell. This is the 2nd one I have owned and we use it to train others with.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a horrible experience with a Llama 9mm 1911. The plunger housing was made from plastic and cracked on the first outing, rendering the gun inoperable. Had that fixed, but the gun was a constant jam-o-matic. It also had so many sharp edges that if you wanted to hurt someone with it, just ask them to field strip it. I sliced my hand wide open cleaning it.

That gun was horrible, sold it at a pawn shop, because I just could not bring myself to sell it to anyone else I knew or at any gun shop that I would want to go back into.

g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    To anyone that has dinged Hipoint on this thread I respect your opinion and admit they have kind of been the joke of the party for quite some time. I am not the guy who is sticking up for the one gun that I own. I own Colt, Glock, HK, Beretta, Walther, and others.......and yes a Hipoint C9. I have never had a single issue with this gun. It definitely has a lot of undesirable features: heavy, low capacity, bulky, not easy to field strip and don't forget UGLY. I although dont know of another gun that is that cheap that i know will work every time. I would encourage any one that is a sceptic to check out the torture tests on YouTube of these things. To make it better they are built in Ohio and I am pretty sure that they have a lifetime warranty. As far as bad gos I have had a couple of Para Ordnance .45s and they ran like crap right out of the box and those are not inexpensive guns. They get my vote.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yeah, Where did you come up with this idea. High Standard has always lived up to their name as far as I am concernd. I have a Sport King that I personaly have put over 50,000 rounds through and it was my Dad's gun. It's a little ammo sensitive these days but still kills alot of cans and will punch paper when it has to.

I've heard from 1 person here that had a bad experience with the new high standard in Houston. I'd love to hear the other 9 people's opinions on why they voted High Standard the "worst firearms manufacturer"

Mine:

403948374.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard from 1 person here that had a bad experience with the new high standard in Houston. I'd love to hear the other 9 people's opinions on why they voted High Standard the "worst firearms manufacturer"

Mine:

403948374.jpg

I am one of those. Had a horrible time with 2 of them. Might just be me but will never own another for any reason.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I voted Phoenix, shot one in 22lr about 3 years ago at a 4th of July party, the trigger bar spring crapped out, and while shooting and manually resetting the trigger, a grip screw fell out from the recoil. :noway:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I agree that the old High Standard company that existed before 1986 produced some primo target pistols. The "new" High Standard company in Houston, Texas has produced a multitude of target pistols that flat don't function reliably. When pistols have been sent back, they are most often returned with the same problems, many times on more than one attempt. In the past, the "new" High Standard Company took deposits on custom guns like their 10X models and kept the money for very long periods without either attempting to deliver on the products or refunding the money. Customers were often met with either indifference or outright hostility, when trying to get their products or money. Fortunately, I owned a couple of the old High Standard pistols (Victor and Citation). When ready to upgrade, I was fortunate to have been given a heads-up and avoided ordering a 10X. I won't ever buy a product from the "new" High Standard Company in Houston, Texas.

Maybe because High Standard no longer exists but is a name they print on junk now. Putting them on the list is rather silly since the company hasnt made anything in 30ish years? Considering they made some of the finest target 22's and pump shotguns to this day.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez, all the ring of fire throw away pistols. I started with a Jennings as the first pistol i bought, at least i ended up good at clearing a malfunction.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Toss up between Kel-Tec and Taurus for me. I have sent back dozens of Taurus guns for repair. I've seen a couple of Kel-Tec PF9s blown apart.

I would like Kel-Tec better if they stopped advertising PMR30's, RMR30's, RFBs and KSGs since they can't manufacture them in any speakable quantity.
    This is why I voted Kel-Tec. It's complete BS that guns like the PMR30 and SUB2K are being sold for $550-$600 when their MSRP is just over $400. I desire both, but refuse to pay that kind of money. Bastards!

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    This is why I voted Kel-Tec. It's complete BS that guns like the PMR30 and SUB2K are being sold for $550-$600 when their MSRP is just over $400. I desire both, but refuse to pay that kind of money. Bastards!

+1

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Mine:

403948374.jpg

Hey, I have a Sharpshooter too! (well, I gave it to my dad, since he decided to dump his POS Mitchell "High Standard". He has a couple of MATCO bbls for IHMSA and a reg HS for one, so he "obviosuly" needed another ;)

Did the Texas guys ever get any 10" bbls/guns out?

BTW, if somebody has a HS and it jams a lot, probably a mag issue.
    http://www.highstandard.com/services.html#magazine

Last edited:
    Top Bottom