Will Chuck Pagano have job Monday morning?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, uh, that was an, uh, awkward, uh, press conference.

"Moving forward."

"Nobody puts baby in a corner! Uh, I mean: nobody bullies my head coach. If you think that, you don't know me."

[Insert bro-style shoulder punch here.]

[End with the most strained family photo of all time.]

So, I can learn to live with this, provided that we get rid of Chud, and the entire Pagano-ball (smash-mouth, run the ball, stop the run) philosophy. Can Pagano grow/change that much? Time will tell. If he can, he could be a great head coach. If not, our eyes are going to bleed for four more years, watching Andrew Luck slog through a tedious offensive scheme, and a defense that can't rush the passer or defend the pass.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I can learn to live with this, provided that we get rid of Chud, and the entire Pagano-ball (smash-mouth, run the ball, stop the run) philosophy. Can Pagano grow/change that much? Time will tell. If he can, he could be a great head coach. If not, our eyes are going to bleed for four more years, watching Andrew Luck slog through a tedious offensive scheme, and a defense that can't rush the passer or defend the pass.

I will offer a somewhat different perspective.

First, I think Pagano-ball is a bit of a construct for the media, encouraged by Pagano himself. Disinformation. Say one thing, do a different thing. Kinda like what happens when Belichik speaks to the media or would happen if Belichik spoke to the media.

Second, though, even if we accept at face value that's what Pagano wants to do, that style of offensive ball has a couple requirements: a running back and an offensive line. There's a bit of an inverse relationship there. If you have a REALLY good O-line, you don't need as good a RB. If you have a great RB, you don't need as good a O-line. Unfortunately, we haven't had both sides of the equation good enough. Personally, it is more the O-line deficiency.

The poor line play means our RBs take more hits and get injured. This season, Gore is good enough and stayed healthy, but the O-line wasn't. Historically, our RBs got beat up and taken out.

So, where does that fault come down for talent? I think it is less Pagano and more Grigson.

Setting all that aside, I hope they find a way to use their competitiveness to further the ultimate goal of winning football games. I've seen similar relationships work, but it can be difficult.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It appears that Irsay sat them down and said, both of you figure it out or you are both gone. We'll see if it works.

I think Irsay should get both of them in his office and say, "Ok boys, I'm going to leave. You both stay here and figure this out. Here's my only requirement: both of you get the same treatment. You can either decide to stay together another year, or both leave now. Up to you. Come get me when you're done."

I think there were too many things that went sideways this year. Probably both of their faults, so they should both rise or fall together, whether they like it or not.

Pagano probably is a mediocre-or-slightly-better-than-that NFL coach. But, I don't see anyone better out there. Including Saban.

I wonder what Irsay's INGO screen name is. Clearly, my well-articulated, not obtuse, compellingly presented post sealed the deal. :D

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I wonder what Irsay's INGO screen name is. Clearly, my well-articulated, not obtuse, compellingly presented post sealed the deal. :D

If Irsay's on INGO, he's in the classifieds with a post count of 52, looking for that 1911 that was once owned by Todd Rundgren.

But it's nice to see that he spends a little time lurking in the Break Room.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmmm.... has anyone actually seen printcraft and Irsay in the same room at the same time?

Just wondering....

Top Bottom