• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    As someone who carried a long gun downtown at a couple rallies, Guy's enthusiastic railing against the carrying of long guns started to really irritate me. Slung is one thing, low ready is completely different. Nobody carried low ready, nobody! Low ready is hand on the grip, stock shouldered, forehand on the rail. One of those rallies has pics of maybe 700 people in attendance. I challenge anyone to find someone carrying low ready.

About 8 of us walked to Tilted Kilt (with their prior approval) for lunch afterwards with not a single (OK, maybe one) cross look along the way. All of us with a slung long gun.

We don't carry like this anywhere else. No Kroger, no Starbucks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As someone who carried a long gun downtown at a couple rallies, Guy's enthusiastic railing against the carrying of long guns started to really irritate me. Slung is one thing, low ready is completely different. Nobody carried low ready, nobody! Low ready is hand on the grip, stock shouldered, forehand on the rail. One of those rallies has pics of maybe 700 people in attendance. I challenge anyone to find someone carrying low ready.

About 8 of us walked to Tilted Kilt (with their prior approval) for lunch afterwards with not a single (OK, maybe one) cross look along the way. All of us with a slung long gun.

I think his concern is with hands on the weapon. Slung equals holstered to me.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I too am getting tired of hearing Guy poo-poo rifle carry and OC of handguns. I spent two hours on an overpass with a rifle yesterday. Several cops drove by (on the overpass, not under it) and (gasp!) nothing happened.

I was thinking of attending Guy's Indiana firearms law course but this drumbeat is off-putting.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm mixed. I can see his point. To an anti-gunner, it is off-putting to see a bunch of black scary rifles. Simply because their mentality can't get beyond seeing a black scary rifle. Much like many people can't get beyond seeing a biker with tattoos, or an individual with piercings... images matter, like it or not.
    You can have a grandma, or a 5 yr old kid (and every age/color in between) with a rifle, and the perception by the anti gunner is 'wow they really love their big scary guns'.
    Vs if those same people didn't have rifles slung, the anti gunner no longer focuses on the rifle, but instead on the individual.

I'm not saying it's right... just that I understand that viewpoint. Especially after having dealt with so many 'friends' on social media, who just can't scrap that black scary gun image out of their heads, when discussing firearms rights.

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    I've gotten out of the habit of listening to WIBC since they dropped Limbaugh. Is this show on after 7pm?

I also dropped WIBC when they fired Rush.

The gun show is pretty good. Sat 5-7 p.m. and you can USUALLY get in. Guy is an attorney specializing in firearms so you should get the straight scoop.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    WIBC as a whole, I still listen to.
    How can you not respect many of the commentators/shows? Denny, Guy, Abdul, Garrison... they all tell it like it is... agree with it or not. That's a far cry from what others have to offer. If you disagree on some single point, simply leave it at that. But by and large I find myself in agreement most of the time. No ONE is ever going to make EVERYONE 100% happy. What's next, boycott INGO?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm mixed. I can see his point. To an anti-gunner, it is off-putting to see a bunch of black scary rifles. Simply because their mentality can't get beyond seeing a black scary rifle. Much like many people can't get beyond seeing a biker with tattoos, or an individual with piercings... images matter, like it or not.
    You can have a grandma, or a 5 yr old kid (and every age/color in between) with a rifle, and the perception by the anti gunner is 'wow they really love their big scary guns'.
    Vs if those same people didn't have rifles slung, the anti gunner no longer focuses on the rifle, but instead on the individual.

I'm not saying it's right... just that I understand that viewpoint. Especially after having dealt with so many 'friends' on social media, who just can't scrap that black scary gun image out of their heads, when discussing firearms rights.

Unfortunately, this is true. Their votes count as much as ours and they have no compunction about voting for bills that will only serve to reduce your rights to do stuff with your guns. In the minds of much of the media and culture, guns do not have the same sympathy levels of other "rights" and open carry will not be lent a sympathetic hand as those other "rights".

I'm not an OC poo-poo-er but we have to be cognizant of the political environment in which we live.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is it just me, or does Dr. Dirt sound like Mr. Haney from Green Acres?

Here's another way to look at this: handguns are defensive weapons, long guns are offensive weapons. I know what the murder numbers are as well a the rest of you (more people are murdered by blunt objects every year than are murdered with rifles), but perception is reality. I have no issue with a long gun slung over the shoulder (= holstered handgun in my book). If you were carrying a handgun not holstered, but in your hand? That would be a concern to all around, me included.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is it just me, or does Dr. Dirt sound like Mr. Haney from Green Acres?

Here's another way to look at this: handguns are defensive weapons, long guns are offensive weapons. I know what the murder numbers are as well a the rest of you (more people are murdered by blunt objects every year than are murdered with rifles), but perception is reality. I have no issue with a long gun slung over the shoulder (= holstered handgun in my book). If you were carrying a handgun not holstered, but in your hand? That would be a concern to all around, me included.

I don't buy this at all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't buy this at all.

Unfortunately, many ignorant folks that are on the fence or against us DO buy into that. Sorry. :dunno: These are also the same idiots who would be shown a WBC protest and say that they shouldnt be allowed to say those vile, hurtful things and more laws against 1A free speech are needed. :facepalm:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Response 1: Come on Cary, Dick Crum sounds just like Mr. Haney from Green Acres.

Response #2: Care to expand on that?

Given the choice I'll defend myself, my family and my home with a rifle over a handgun any day. As for others' perception being reality, that's on them, not me. A weapon is just an object until used, and lawful self-defense versus unlawful use of said weapon is everyone's responsibility to know, even the hoplophobic sheeple who **** their pants at the sight of a rifle. I'll be damned if I let them run my life.

We need to stop busting each others' balls, stick together, and bust the antis' balls instead.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Given the choice I'll defend myself, my family and my home with a rifle over a handgun any day. As for others' perception being reality, that's on them, not me. A weapon is just an object until used, and lawful self-defense versus unlawful use of said weapon is everyone's responsibility to know, even the hoplophobic sheeple who **** their pants at the sight of a rifle. I'll be damned if I let them run my life.

We need to stop busting each others' balls, stick together, and bust the antis' balls instead.
    I can dig where you're coming from on this, although at <25 yards I'd go with a shotgun opposed to a rifle. A long gun is a better choice unless you're in an elevator. My point though is you wouldn't carry your P320 (good memory, huh?) in your hand walking down the street. Everything we do affects many things in many ways. We can never have an off-day, unlike anti 2A types like the corporate shill from Zionsville (hey, that rhymes!) who can spout debunked crap daily, muster a crowd of 8 and get positive press. We keep doing what we think is right, we may no always agree but if we can have a good discussion on the subject that's a good thing.

Now more importantly, does Dr. Dirt sound like Mr. Haney?

Top Bottom