• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wish Rep. Lucas' would have been more enthusiastice about his own legislation. When Guy asked him if people should call Dermody's office his answer should have been "hell yes, EVERYONE call him" instead of "it couldn't hurt" or something lame like that. Guy seemed more enthusiastic about Lucas' bills than Lucas did. Great show as always but HB 1055 and HB 1056 impending death are a big letdown. We need to fight harder than ever, folks. Don't let our LTCH be your pacifier. Our LTCH is a big infringement and must go!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know what can be talked about Sat. 1/30/2016 .......

Local PD, who places their own requirements, on applying for a LTCH .....

If you can do that without giving anything away .....

There may be news on this before Saturday. Just sayin'.

Guy

See there? Now you've gone and got everyone's curiosity up who aren't in the loop.

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    I guess I'm out of the loop. What local PD is placing their own requirements on LTCH and what are the requirements?

Wouldn't that be against state preemption law?

Mikuhl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Indy
    Hmm...well that certainly is some bs.

Some more bs if anyone is interested.

In Indianapolis they no longer do ink prints at the city county building where they used to process the LTCH. I learned this because I bought a silencer a couple weeks ago and I was under the impression that I could get prints done at any of the new locations.

Nope.

I was told I had to make an appointment and go to the ISP headquarters at the North Government building. Their appointments are from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. meaning anyone with normal day job has to take time off of work. While I was there I figured that I would ask about the CLEO sign off and if it was done there now. After 10+ min of waiting after they took my form 4 and the instruction sheet, the lady came back and told me that the ISP Lieutenant in the firearms division said that I needed to go to the federal courthouse to visit the ATF office.

I know that isn't true and I assume they are still doing the CLEO sign off at the city county building where they used to. I will know for sure tomorrow. Seems like they have added an extra step in the process as well as raising the price. I'm not sure if there is a charge with the CLEO sign off but I know they do a local background check before they sign.

:dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I guess I'm out of the loop. What local PD is placing their own requirements on LTCH and what are the requirements?

Wouldn't that be against state preemption law?

Im sure this isnt what was mentioned, but I remember when Frank Anderson changed the rules for Marion Co residents back in the 90s. I went to change my address in person at the state office building. I made an offhand comment to the ISP clerk about how it was ridiculous that they wouldnt accept handwritten apps anymore. (The "or neatly printed" was sharpied out on all the multipart forms, and in his attached instruction sheet it specified typewritten only would be accepted.)

She took two steps back to her desk, and held up a handwritten app. "Nope. Not our rule. See!"

Apparently ole Frank wanted to limit who could apply. If you didnt have a typewriter or didnt have the basic understanding of where to borrow one (public library) he apparently didnt think you were worthy of having a LTCH.

I assume the rules have changed since Anderson is gone.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Cover the whole "signs have no force of law" argument. Not to the detail of the class of course, but the word of caution would be beneficial to the community.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Tonight on TGG Show: Facebook bans gun sale posts; rules are changing for acquiring NFA items with a trust; and deadly force: when is it justified, when do you lose the right to use force in self-defense, and what do you do afterward?

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    By the way - the glitch with streaming the show two weeks ago is that someone forgot to flip the switch to turn off the streaming "blackout" after the IU game. I'm told that won't happen tonight. (Fingers crossed.)

Guy

Top Bottom