• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No one has ever heard me criticize the OC of handguns. Ever. My problem is with OC of long guns on a tac sling - with hands on the gun. That is very specific, and if you listened to my show - that is exactly what you heard.

Guy

No offense intended, but arguing with a lawyer is like trying to win a pissing contest with a skunk. Not calling you a skunk, mind you... just acknowledging you're far better at arguing than I. That having been said, please elaborate...

1. Granted, I've heard you state you prefer CC for pistol carry but do not begrudge those who OC. I believe I've also heard you give some of the common reasons you prefer CC (might have weapon stolen, might be targeted first, etc.). Does this really happen often enough to be statistically viable?

2. What about carrying a slung rifle without coonfingering it? Anywhere legal or only in demonstrations/rallies or when SHTF (and then coonfinger away)?

Not trying to be provocative here, just wanting to pick your brain a bit, thanks.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    CB, if you cant acknowlege the minutae of one rifle OCers actions triggering a ruling class' actions toward restricting carry as "concrete loss" , I dont see how taking it to the other section will do any good. You dont seem to care about loss until it is actually gone. (threat of loss by proposed knee jerk legislation is OK by the logic above)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    CB, if you cant acknowlege the minutae of one rifle OCers actions triggering a ruling class' actions toward restricting carry as "concrete loss" , I dont see how taking it to the other section will do any good. You dont seem to care about loss until it is actually gone. (threat of loss by proposed knee jerk legislation is OK by the logic above)

Taken to PM (cordially, I might add...)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Here you go. Knucklehead open carries loaded AR into Atlanta airport - Georgia congressman immediately introduces bill to make airports "gun free zones" (when they weren't before). Now pro-2A advocates (like me) have to pull resources away from more important issues and go fight over whether it should be illegal to have a gun in the public areas of an airport - all because if this idiot. Please tell me how that is helpful to our cause.

Guy

https://pjmedia.com/blog/after-man-...rport-a-bill-to-make-airports-gun-free-zones/

This one with less than a snowball in hell's chance of going anywhere?

View attachment 45364 View attachment 45365

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr2767

21 sponsors, all DemocRAT (including our own illustrious Rep. Andre Carson, imagine that). Moral: Don't elect DemocRATS.

If all it took was one knucklehead doing something silly with a rifle we all would have lost or 2A rights a LONG time ago.

Last edited:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    This one with less than a snowball in hell's chance of going anywhere?

You don't really think that's the point, do you?

If all it took was one knucklehead doing something silly with a rifle we all would have lost or 2A rights a LONG time ago.

AH HAH! THE POINT: Let's stop being knuckeheads and doing silly things with rifles. IT IS NOT HELPFUL TO OUR SIDE.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've heard you state you prefer CC for pistol carry but do not begrudge those who OC.

No, you've heard me say that I most often CC but also occasionally OC and I totally support (and often represent) anyone who chooses to OC. As to the arguments against OC, I have merely recited what those arguments are - I have not agreed with nor endorsed those arguments. So please stop trying to put words in my mouth against OC of handguns in holsters. (If I have an opinion on something, you won't have to work too hard to to figure out what it is.)

What about carrying a slung rifle without coonfingering it? Anywhere legal or only in demonstrations/rallies or when SHTF (and then coonfinger away)?

My problems with "open carry events" in which participants openly carry long guns on tac slings at "low ready" or "field ready" are two-fold: 1) there are legitimate negative reactions among anyone observing those events (pro-2A, anti-2A and neutrals alike) that the participants are potential threats and/or are not safely carrying their firearms because they are in a "fighting position" while touching their firearms with the triggers unprotected; and 2) there is no identifiable political, social or otherwise logical pro-gun purpose to that activity. For those two reasons, the events are harmful to our efforts to support and defend the Second Amendment.

Your hypothetical addresses at least no. 1. No. 2, not so much.

Guy

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey Guy! Why don't you try to get the Mom's (in need of action or whatever) Spokes-Sheep from the Fox 59 story on your show. She'd probably have to call in rather than go to the studio, there is that scary War Memorial nearby so she probably wouldn't go there in person.

My acronym SMAMATSA (Soccer Moms And Mayors Against The Second Amendment) didn't catch on, maybe "Spokes-Sheep" will do better.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I want another Gun Law course.
    But I'm not driving that distance for the 1/2 course.
    Waiting for the full day course.

We'll be posting the full Spring and Summer TFT training schedule soon - and we'll offer the full-day course ("Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law") three or four times over the course of the year.

Thanks for the interest!!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Hey Guy! Why don't you try to get the Mom's (in need of action or whatever) Spokes-Sheep from the Fox 59 story on your show. She'd probably have to call in rather than go to the studio, there is that scary War Memorial nearby so she probably wouldn't go there in person.

My acronym SMAMATSA (Soccer Moms And Mayors Against The Second Amendment) didn't catch on, maybe "Spokes-Sheep" will do better.

Oh, I've invited the MDA folks to come on my show several times. Strangely, they always have a conflict on their schedules.

Guy

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, I've invited the MDA folks to come on my show several times. Strangely, they always have a conflict on their schedules.

Guy

Counter with "when are you available then? We could do a recorded segment to air during the regular show.". I would love to hear their excuse when you work around their schedule so that they have no real excuse.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Tony Katz has an open invitation for them to come on his show and discuss their position. His take is that they don't want to discuss their position; they just want to impose it upon you.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Wait... We're supposed to have a reason to have a beer summit? Can we take this to a higher court or something?

Digging the live webinar idea

Top Bottom