WHYYYYY are you giving in to these .22lr gougers!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    You know, for a guy like me, who is very busy, it is a godsend to have someone offer me something at maybe $20 more than retail in order to save me hours upon hours of time looking for it. I could spend weeks trying to track down a brick of 22lr and not find it.

If your time is worth say $20 an hour, finding it could easily cost hundreds. This whole "price gouging" thing is infinitely more efficient.

Luckily I don't happen to need it right now but if I did, I'd be going straight on INGO.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    av06RQO_700b.jpg

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    SpaldingPM, you're not in charge. You cannot tell the sellers what to charge and you cannot tell the buyers what to pay. Stamping your feet does not change this.

I'm getting so tired of 1: cold/snow, 2: " I support the free market, but I don't". Let it go.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    An example would be someone who thought they were entitled to my bulk pack @ $20.00 while there was a line of potential buyers willing to spend $50.00....

What if they "needed" the bulk pack for $20? From each according to their abilities to each according to their needs and all.

If that didn't convince you, what if they stamped their feet? Would that do it?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Life is so much easier when you have the respect of your peers. Obviously there are those on this board that really don't care what their peers think of them.
    I wish them luck when they actually need something and one of these "entrepeneurs" charges them what you would call the American way.

Joe

You're right in the fact respect has taken a hit... I'm not convinced everyone would agree with who has lost respect though...

In the beginning of this shortage back when center fire was hard to find, I initially offered help to quite a few... I offered to provide the components @ cost, my time to get them started and make sure they were safe, and the use of my equipment so they could load their own... I only had (2) take me up on the offer... The rest were either too lazy, didn't want the ammo as bad as they had thought, or basically, wanted something for nothing...

This all is nothing new..... The same complaining now will be the same complaining next time... Some will never learn.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hypothetical.

Let's say I have $5k I want to invest safely. I can get a bank cd at less than 1 percent and we all know savings accounts don't pay squat. 2 years from now, any Joe Schmoe can walk into any Walmart and find 22 bulk packs available for $20 each. During this time of plenty, I buy a few boxes here and there until I have spent all $5k. Everybody else had the same opportunity to buy at the price I did at the time I did.

Fast forward 3-4 years and "I want to ban all guns Democrat" is running for president. INGOpublicans along with all other gun owners say "you must vote against "I want to ban all guns Democrat" or we'll lose our guns. "I want to ban all guns Democrat" wins and the panic ensues. 22 can't be found anywhere and the going price is once again $50 a brick. If I sell my bricks at $50, is that gouging? I didn't camp out at the door on ammo day to keep someone else from buying the brick and deny another of current market ammo.

Replace that ammo with gold or silver? Why should ammo investors be treated any differently than gold or silver investors?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What if they "needed" the bulk pack for $20? From each according to their abilities to each according to their needs and all.

If that didn't convince you, what if they stamped their feet? Would that do it?

More than likely all that would do is to keep it on the shelf.... Not saying I wouldn't sell it for $20.00 some day, but it sure as hell won't be to someone that thinks they are entitled to it for half the price others are offering or someone that will not learn from this and will be exactly in the same situation next time around...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I see both sides of this 22LR shortage argument. When I was first getting into shooting, I got my son a Ruger 10/22 take-down rifle, and eventually picked up an SR22 pistol for myself. I was fortunate to have stocked up when I saw bulk packs/Golden Bullet buckets well ahead of last year's ammo shortage, and have continued to be lucky enough to pick up boxes here and there to mostly replenish what we shoot. This hasn't affected me much either way, as I was in good shape to weather this storm, and have so far not needed to buy anything from individual sellers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wonder if coin collectors forums are like INGO.

Poster 1 - Hey, I was checking the change I received from stores today and found a rare quarter worth $100!!!111!!!!!!!

Posters 2,3,4,5,etc - You lucky dog!!!! I'm jealous!

Move on over to the classifieds forum.

Poster 1 - I have a rare quarter for sale. Near mint condition. Asking $100 obo. Buyer pays shipping.

Posters 2,3,4,5,etc respond to the ad. But you got it back in change!!!! You're ripping us off!!!!11!!! How dare you ask for $100!!!! You're scum!!!!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Luckily, I have the support of like minded individuals on this board who feel the same way about this. Thanks to Sb0, I have been give some new light to how my standing is, but I still feel strongly on some fronts. If i lose respect (like some of you implied) because of my opinion and my questioning, then its not my loss, this is an online forum where opinions and questions are freely stated on the regular. For one to lose respect because of this, over an opinion stated on an online board, well that just shows what kind of person and character you are. It's no sweat off my back. You will always have people disagree and or agree with you, its life.

When the time came when I actually needed .22lr for an appleseed event, some awesome members stepped up and either gifted me some or sold me some at retail. < That is the kind of INGO I love, that is the kind of community this organization is, and that is why I will be a life long member. The issues that my OP addressed, in case you lost sight of what was stated, was new members "using" this site to post things at a crazy margin, but like some of you stated, and what I've known and expected... what one finds "crazy" another finds "sane." Its ok if you disagree, but I lose no respect for anyone on their opinion. I'm sorry for you all that lost respect for me, I can't imagine what kind of character is displayed when it comes to a subject that is actually touching! Gesh!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just 2 minutes ago made a deal with another INGOer to sell him a bulk box of Federal for $25. Is that to much considering I probably only paid 18.99+tax for it?

More info is needed....

Did the buyer ever call you scum or a gouger ? Do they think they are entitled to it for the price they think ? Will they learn from this or will they always rely on you to bail them out ? Depending on the answers, you could of quite possibly severely under priced your bulk pack....

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    More info is needed....

Did the buyer ever call you scum or a gouger ? NO Do they think they are entitled to it for the price they think ? No, I named the price. Will they learn from this or will they always rely on you to bail them out ? I am very hopeful he will learn, I think he is fairly new to the gun addiction Depending on the answers, you could of quite possibly severely under priced your bulk pack....

See above

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Luckily, I have the support of like minded individuals on this board who feel the same way about this. Thanks to Sb0, I have been give some new light to how my standing is, but I still feel strongly on some fronts. If i lose respect (like some of you implied) because of my opinion and my questioning, then its not my loss, this is an online forum where opinions and questions are freely stated on the regular. For one to lose respect because of this, over an opinion stated on an online board, well that just shows what kind of person and character you are. It's no sweat off my back. You will always have people disagree and or agree with you, its life.

When the time came when I actually needed .22lr for an appleseed event, some awesome members stepped up and either gifted me some or sold me some at retail. < That is the kind of INGO I love, that is the kind of community this organization is, and that is why I will be a life long member. The issues that my OP addressed, in case you lost sight of what was stated, was new members "using" this site to post things at a crazy margin, but like some of you stated, and what I've known and expected... what one finds "crazy" another finds "sane." Its ok if you disagree, but I lose no respect for anyone on their opinion. I'm sorry for you all that lost respect for me, I can't imagine what kind of character is displayed when it comes to a subject that is actually touching! Gesh!

You mean the same community that 47.5% say they would take gas for a penny from a gas station?https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2-gas-penny-gallon-due-glitch-do-you-buy.html

As with most things people love "community" when they stand to gain and hate it when they stand to lose.

Top Bottom