WHYYYYY are you giving in to these .22lr gougers!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A few hundred pounds of lead, many pounds of powder, and 15K+ primers strong (most bought at $20 per 1000). Many .22 bricks on the shelf that have a price tag of $12-$13.

Preparedness and self sufficiency has it's perks.

The whining of the unprepared is a large window into your small mind.

And when you have a years supply of food and no foreseeable replenishment, you don't attempt to eat it all up in day.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh it will, trust me. Volatility is just a fact of life with this stuff. All you can do is be prepared.

I gave up on plinking with 22 a long time ago, I'm just shooting pellet guns now. 5 bucks for 500, can't beat that.

Really?! Well, how about I go down to the store and buy up all the pellet ammo that my guy that
    works there has under the counter so you can't get your hands on any.
    I'll sure sell it to you..... how does $25 for 500 sound? Sound like a plan?
    It's economics.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Really?! Well, how about I go down to the store and buy up all the pellet ammo that my guy that
    It's economics.

And what if I buy it all at $5 and leave it set in my basement and refuse to sell it at any cost. At least with the reseller, you still have a chance to get some.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    It's economics.

Well there's no nationwide shortage of pellets, so good luck with that business plan.

I've got about 50,000 stashed away anyway.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If someone purchases the supply and withholds it from the market, it creates an opportunity for new players to enter the market to provide the product to eager consumers.

SO THERE!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A few hundred pounds of lead, many pounds of powder, and 15K+ primers strong (most bought at $20 per 1000). Many .22 bricks on the shelf that have a price tag of $12-$13.

Preparedness and self sufficiency has it's perks.

The whining of the unprepared is a large window into your small mind.

This last year has made it apparent that for those that have prepped , it's best to just keep that ammo on the shelf... Simply cant win either way... If I sell @ the going rate, I'd be called either a " gouger" or " scum".... If I try to help someone out by selling too low, I'd be called a " dumbass" by the other side...

Guess if I have a choice, I'd prefer to be called a "hoarder" and just keep it on the shelf....

Can't help but be curious how much the complaining will explode when the shortage really takes off.... Heck, the mid term election BS hasn't even started yet...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If someone purchases the supply and withholds it from the market, it creates an opportunity for new players to enter the market to provide the product to eager consumers.

SO THERE!

Complainers will never take the torch and enter the market. They're waiting on everyone else to do it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This last year has made it apparent that for those that have prepped , it's best to just keep that ammo on the shelf... Simply cant win either way... If I sell @ the going rate, I'd be called either a " gougers" or " scum".... If I try to help someone out by selling too low, I'd be called a " dumbass" by the other side...

Guess if I have a choice, I'd prefer to be called a "hoarder" and just keep it on the shelf....

Can't help but be curious how much the complaining will explode when the shortage really takes off.... Heck, the mid term election BS hasn't even started yet...

I could make a decent profit with my stores but why. Is a few K worth all the hassle of meeting up with buyers buying a box here and there? Is it worth the time and investment so they can hate me for it? I wouldn't sell 22 to the whiners for $10 a round.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    More opportunity for the doers!

In this case, I'm more than happy to go Galt. No matter how much I produced or how low I sell it, the complainers will still complain.

Why don't 1000 INGOers chip in $1000 each to start up an ammo plant?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I could make a decent profit with my stores but why. Is a few K worth all the hassle of meeting up with buyers buying a box here and there? Is it worth the time and investment so they can hate me for it? I wouldn't sell 22 to the whiners for $10 a round.

If I was willing to give up shooting rimfire for a few years so I could sell a bulk pack for a measly $30.00 profit to only be called scum, I wouldn't sell it to them either...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I thought I'd learned my lesson. What I failed to anticipate was that .22LR could experience the same market gyrations as 5.56mm had in the past. It was similar thinking too. When that South African M1A3 and M1A4 5.56x45mm ammo was so plentiful and so inexpensive, not to mention the Malaysian and Chinese M193, I could not conceive of a time when it would be any different. I learned otherwise, yet I couldn't see that it could happen with .22LR now.

From now on, I'll base my decision based more on anticipated need rather than on whether or not a shortage could occur.

I base all of my stock levels of consumables on the "time" factor.

How much of X do I use on a (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) basis. Then how much time do I feel comfortable having a supply of it at my normal consumption rates versus how quickly might it go bad if not used. Income, 6 months. Gasoline, 1-2 years. Food, 1-2 years. Ammo, 5-10 years.

Then I work to build my stock of those things until I am roughly at that level. That has allow me to weather the last ammo shortage (got caught with my pants down on the previous one through sheer ignorance. It's allowed me to weather my current lowered income. It will allow me to not have to pay way more for just about any essential item. I got screwed on propane this year because we have to order a minimum of 200 gallons or incur an extra charge so we didn't fill up over the summer. So I learned my lesson here too, I am working on eliminating the need for propane for our water heating, cooking, and backup heat.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Sheesh fine! If you're not willing to gouge me will you at least sell some to me at fair market prices :) ! You can even ship it and save us both the hassle! I'll buy more then one to eliminate the "box here and there"!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Keep it on the shelf...hell no I'm shooting a bunch and having a great time. Have the range to myself most days :):

Most rimfire stays on shelf.... Everything else, no worries... Haven't had too much problem getting the components to replace what we shoot...

One negative about range not being as busy... This past summer and fall I didn't come home with as much brass as usual....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If I was willing to give up shooting rimfire for a few years so I could sell a bulk pack for a measly $30.00 profit to only be called scum, I wouldn't sell it to them either...

According to INGOnomics, you have a duty to sell your ammo to others at no profit to protect the sport of shooting and getting kids interested in shooting. Because those things aren't worth $30 a box.

Top Bottom